1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Idea who the top player Morey is after??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jwayne

jwayne Member

Morey is lurking out there working on a deal that will be a splash... He is always for the most part, under the radar... When we brought in Artest, it came from nowhere...

I see a big splash or nothing. I think we can win with TMac gone for the remainder of the season. I like the guy actually (TMac) but he slows the flow of the game down. We actually run quite a bit without him and when we go into half court O, Yao or Artest are able to post and make a move.

If we stand pat, I am not worried, I think we can make a push with the squad we have.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Mike Miller? Please tell me this is a joke! He isn't an upgrade over Artest!

People will laugh at this guys face in the playoffs!

[​IMG]

Nobody will laugh at this face!:

[​IMG]

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They are willing to trade him, just not for what cleveland offered, they want to get good value back....

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Bet you it's Baron Davis. Too bad that's probably not going to happen with T-Mac calling it a career.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think everyone is misunderstanding what Morey said. He specifically said the player would NOT make a big splash this year, but would be someone who would be valuable trade bait next year. Think more Bobby Jackson. When he says "top player", he doesn't mean a top NBA player, he means a solid player. Like a battier, a landry, etc. Someone who isn't a big name, but has a solid consistent and respectable game.

6. joesr

joesr Member

where do I sign up?

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am going to guess

tracy mcgrady

8. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

HATER!!!!!!! :D ...... There are other ways to get Baron Davis here relax.

9. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

If we could pull one over on Milwaukee for Richard Jefferson it would be nice.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/rob_peterson/02/15/trademill.20090215/

• But what about former Nets player Richard Jefferson, who was traded in June to the Milwaukee Bucks? The Bucks are in a precarious position of having two restricted free agents in Charlie Villanueva and Ramon Sessions, both of whom have made significant contributions to the Bucks' recent resurgence. If the Bucks want to retain both players and stay under the luxury tax next season, they may need to deal Jefferson, who has $29 million coming to him in the next two seasons.

10. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

I would like to have Caron Butler but the $ doesn't really add up. Financially, they are in a similar boat with us, so trading Artest with Head or whomever will be too much for them. We would have to trade Artest straight up because their salaries are pretty much equal, but I dont think they will accept that.

McGrady unfortunately makes too much to even be considered for a trade with them. :(

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

So someone finally agrees with you and so automatically deserves a membership? LOL. :D

Anyway, Mike Miller. If McGrady was healthy and really just wouldn't like Artest because he's a wuss, I wouldn't be so opposed to getting him. However, McGrady is probably done, and without him we are better off with Ron Artest than Mike Miller.

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Exactly, it's like taking Baby Face over Scarface !!! SOMETHING YOU JUST DO NOT DO EVER

Maybe another trade with the Kings is in the works....for Miller / Hawes and Sam Cassell :D That would be great.

13. Landlord Landry

why do you want Baron Davis? He sucks. At the price of Davis' contract, I'd rather just keep Alston/Brooks.

14. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

With Moreys comments I tend to think it could be a Andre Miller deal.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let it involve Tracy and Baron.

They would LOVE to get AB...

Aaron Brooks
    Tracy Mcgrady
    Carl Landry

for

Baron Davis
    Zach Randolph

Not a fan of Zach, but we could bring him off the bench behind Luis
    and hopefully keep him in check. I am sure the Clippers would love to
    unload him and his contract...

Rockets.

Baron Davis-Rafer Alston
    Shane Battier-Von Wafer
    Ron Artest-Brent Barry
    Luis Scola-Zach Randolph
    Yao Ming-Dikembe Mutombo

Clippers.

Aaron Brooks-Fred Jones?
    Eric Gordon-Ricky Davis
    Al Thorton-Steve Novak!
    Carl Landry-Chris Kaman
    Marcus Camby-Deandre Jordan?

Clippers would pull the trigger I bet. AB and Landry always go off on them lol...

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly why they do it. They are currently bound in 3 'major' contracts being CB3, Agent 0, and Jamison.

Ron is an expiring that will get them cap relief at the end of the season and who knows if he works out maybe they could sign him for a lil longer, I doubt it.

Another thing I would prefer trading Shane. But I doubt they would go for that as well.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you guys really need to read the whole thread, like i said before, Morey said it wasn't going to be a player whos going to play a big role, surely Miller, davis, etc. would play a huge role. Morey's use of the word "top" is misleading. He means a proven player, solid, reliable, not that it's a literally a top player.

18. Lovemachine2000

Give me your credit card number, SSN and mother's maiden name, then I'll let you know :D

19. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

rip hamilton hopefully...I thlnk he would be the perfect fit for this team...to bad arrest has bad blood in Detroit

20. texkap8

texkap8 Member

nash or heinrich