1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JustLynCHN

JustLynCHN Member

1, cultures are different. chinese people are more easy to forgive somebody.
    2, Hoopchina is biggest one, so fans are not totally free for talk anything they want. In other websites, Tmac has been thrown to hell many many times...

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why not? Was not SF3 the reason for the season previous
    since people dogged SF3 and held him accountable for all the Rockets failures
    then
    how can TMac be exempt?

Rocket River

3. rock4life

rock4life New Member

T-Mac is a big baby. I would not surprise me if he was lying about being out for the season so we won't trade him. There is no new damage in the MRI. Why surgery?

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think that Tmac will be back on the 20th... of February, or atleast some time around there. He is going to announce:"I had some more opinions on my knee in Chicago and have decided that I would not undergo surgery, but that I will take 2 weeks of rest... I will be back, stronger than ever, two weeks after the trade deadline, so it doesn't feel plotted.. Yours truly, Tmac"

5. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Is there any more updates from Chron or nba.com or sources other than ESPN?

6. bhainen

bhainen Member

This doesn't really come as a suprise does it? I mean it was only a matter of time. BTW he is my favorite $23 million waterboy in the NBA

7. marcolus3

marcolus3 Member

<size=4>
    Tracy McGrady is not a bad person, he's just past his prime, lazy, un-motivated, has no heart (think about it... the most excited he's ever been was in that comeback against the Spurs in the last minute a couple years ago, and it was all about himself, not the win or the team, that was when he peaked), he's TOO SENSITIVE and not a true leader, he doesn't want the pressure or responsibility. Truth is though, that also kinda describes Carter, so I really hope we don't trade for him.

Our other problem for the last several years is Rafer Alston. I understand he does this or that and is better than some. The truth is, he kills our team, every game. He is not a leader either. So the 2 guys on our team for the last several years who have the ball in their hands the most are the 2 biggest problems and neither are leaders... no wonder we can't get out of the 1st round.

I saw the trades this year for Chauncey Billups & Mo Williams and wondered why in the world the Rockets haven't done something to get a point guard who can really help, and I mean actually trade for one, not just make calls. And I understand you can't make things magically appear, but I truly don't understand the blind loyalty to Alston & McGrady. We went out and made something happen with Battier, Artest trades, we made smart choices in our drafts (Ming, Landry, Brooks)... but nothing has been done with a point guard that is a leader. Shouldn't we have given up McGrady for Billups? Imagine that team. Talk about defense and leadership.

Billups, Artest, Battier... not a bad 1 2 3

I have watched the Rockets since I was 11 (1991) and Matt Maloney was the same quality as Rafer is, honestly. I just watch our team and our guards are the biggest issues. Vince Carter is not the answer. I think we should sit McGrady and let his contract get off the books and keep our young talent. He's not that much better, but Raymond Felton would be a slight upgrade and he's available. We need a tweak and to give Artest some more influence to become more of a leader that he can be. With McGrady out of the lineup, we can gel a bit more as a team and not rely on our "superstar" as Alexander just called him to the press (and yes I know he probably did it for value and talking up a player he wants to possibly trade), because he's not a superstar. He's a former great couple year talent, not a leader, not a Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Pierce/Garnett/Duncan type of star. He's like Wesley Snipes in White Men Can't Jump. McGrady would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

Develop Wafer/Brooks/Landry, keep playing Artest/Battier and either make a slight trade for a PG or sit on our expiring contracts to make a run at a 2010 free agent.

This is my 1st post on here, so if the lingo is off, apologies. Does anyone else feel this way??
    </size>

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, post more often.

DD

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I don't understand how some of you can just offhandedly dismiss T-Mac like he's done for the franchise or suffered nothing these last 4 years. He's had to be the Man practically his entire career, playing most of through intense pain and incredible expectations.

I don't think this is about a selfish superstar stroking his own ego and playing the prima donna. I think this is a young man at his wits end and while there certainly might have been a better way to handle this situation and may have been players past and present who might have handled this differently, its hard for me to do anything but feel for the guy.

I hope he retires and selfishly, hope we're able to deal his contract for something useful.

10. Asian Sensation

LOL sounds awfully familiar. Differenty day....same sh!tty story. He even had his trainer back him up and speak on his behalf last time. Who's next? His mom?

I guess this is what Tracy meant when he said " I will have the last laugh. " Ugh :mad:

11. BasketballReasons

Trade this guy, in business you can't be about feelings! All you p*****s(as in p***y cats) who where sad when Steve Francis got traded are not good in business and probably will never be!
    Its a jungle out there, if youre too sensitive, you get eaten and don't win championships. You think the fans where sad when Al Jeff was traded for Garnett? Sure they where, they saw and amazing young talent get shipped. Now they have a ring, and possibly a second coming up.

So stop beeing sensitive and say: Oh lets give tmac some time, bla bla bla. Doctors don't see anything, but Tmac does, weird isn't it? Time to ship this guy away! It was a fun ride, now its over, bon voyage!

12. uofhpikapp91

uofhpikapp91 Member

Mark my words, after he screws us at the trade deadline, T-Mac will decide that his season isn't over! Gotta love this guy :(

13. JGrizz

JGrizz Member

I don't think this is about a selfish superstar stroking his own ego and playing the prima donna. I think this is a young man at his wits end and while there certainly might have been a better way to handle this situation and may have been players past and present who might have handled this differently, its hard for me to do anything but feel for the guy.

Agree completely. I almost want to feel a little bad for T-Mac. The guys has been run over by everyone - granted much of it is deserved - but it looks like he is having a lot of issues (probably a lot psychological). I am sure he wants to play well and help the team (why would he not), but for some reason he is unable to (mental..physical). Hopefully something happens by 3pm tomorrow. If not, we have to buckle up and win games one way or the other. This season is FAR from over.

14. Asian Sensation

You think Tracy is the only superstar in the league that has to play through pain and incredible expectations? That's the territory that comes with being a
    "SUPERSTAR" that gets paid in excess of $20 million freakin dollars a year.

Actually, it is about a selfish superstar stroking his own ego. At least it sure seems like it because he's NOT a young man. He's a 29 year old 12 year veteran. He knew exactly what he was doing. That is to sabotage the Rockets.

T-mac is my favorite player and it sucks to see him down but as a Rockets fan it sucks even more that he would hinder us from potentially improving the team or helping us.

15. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

he is untradable this season. too expensive for any team, and too risky for his performance. so "business regardless of feelings" demands rockets to play along with him. that's what Les and Murey are doing. you can't expect beating a lot of 70-millions with 50-millions. Even after he slapped Les' rooting for him right in the next hours with a second-handed season-ending message, Murey still came out to say " that's not the inevitable option." good business.

16. Bean Baller

Bean Baller Member

First of all, he is full of bullcrap. McGrady went on to say he needs to shut it down for the year. Later on he said he feels healthy now that his conditioning is up to par and could come back. But now he say he has to have surgery on his knee. Make up your got damn mind f*****. He is doing that because he heard the Rockets management was going to trade him to the Nets for Vince Carter and Boone or Hassell instead of Ron Artest and others. I guess he didnt want to go to a sorry team in the Eastern Conference and wanted to stay with a contender. What we need is a scorer badly because T-Fairy is off somewhere not having a surgery or rehabbing and doing something not related to basketball. We could get Carter but they countered back by wanting Artest, Landry, Head, and Battier. Thats way too much for him and we would be left with no one to guard the best perimeter players on the opposing team. We would be better off by trading our original offer of Artest, Landry, and Head. Or get someone better like Mike Miller or Amare or somebody. DAMN, even the Red Cross could help us out and more help for T-Fairy.

17. BasketballReasons

But Morey and Les are backing this guy up so much its unbearable!!! Calling him a superstar and bla bla bla! He was a superstar in Orlando, and maybe in his first Rocket year, but he isn't anymore!! We won't win any ring with Tracy Mcgrady on this roster - injured or not.

18. towW

towW Member

it's vanilla wafer time baby!

19. N2H4

N2H4 Member

i dont know if Rox can any further than first round without him...I dont know if we need a superstar to be elite team...I don't know if the old tmac will eventually come back completely....

To be honest, I dont darn care. All I know is the team can finally play like a team and everybody can finally find their proper role in the team without thinking "is tmac gonna play tonight".

Rox has been cursed by injury for a long time...but this time, I believe, just like me, after hearing the new, many people "phew"ed a little bit.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

give the bum the rest of the season off..

I think we can use T-Mac in the Playoffs