1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

How can we "throw in" landry, a player that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last year?

And Shane, one of the top defenders, and an olympian?

2. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

The drama is not over until this news is confirmed by an official source.

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

like the Rockets or TMAC on a camera. Otherwise this is old news.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

team needs chemistry. you don't just bring a player back for a few games in the playoffs. players will get out of their comfort zone.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Like I said, that's probably the sound of T-Mac telling the Chronicle to suck it after the way they have treated him this season -- especially with some of the stuff that Blinebury and the editors have put up. The Chronicle has no source... ESPN does. All the Chronicle can do is either wait for an AP story to show up or get an official word from the Rockets org...meanwhile, ESPN gets the scoop.

6. comehere2

comehere2 Member

f#$@!. what a drama queen.

7. rocketsrule1

rocketsrule1 Member

This is horrible news....

We still have a chance to get out of the first round this year depending on who we play, but there is no way this team will go deep into the playoffs without tmac.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and ESPN would not make this the front page of their website if they didn't have any confirmation. i mean, it's literally splattered all over their front page.

9. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

What good does this do us. We cant go month to month with or without him.
    Now our best chance to suceed is to go on without him. This is the time of the season where the team needs to game chemisty and push for the playoffs. Him coming back in a few months does nothing but disrupt that.

Rockets Playoff Push Begins NOW!

Real Rockets fan need to rally around the team that we actally put on the court and support the hell out of them! This is the team we will see for the rest of the season. Face it

10. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

I really think Yao has the will, and now he knows that he will have to carry. I've seen yao before he injured his leg-he was a beast! And he is looking like that again slowly but surly. but remember that we have way more talent and a comfortable rotation going through the stretch. Just have to watch and see.

11. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I want to know when McGrady injured his knee? I thought his off-season surgery was just to clean some things up in his knee. How do we go from that to this?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Guys...don't worry so much about this.

I'd rather have a healthy Tmac too, but it's not possible this season and who knows if it is EVER possible.

So...you ugys remember the last time Tmac went out earlier this season...just look at Von Wafer's game log for the month of January and you will understand.

Not only that, but Artest might finally be completely over his injury and the last two games might show that and hopefully the rest of the season will show that. Not only that but if Tmac does come back...it will only be good for us.

One...he will be playing in his contract year.
    two...he's a large expiring contract for the glorious 2010 season.

It's not all bad, i'd love to have a healthy and motivated Tmac for the rest of the season...but I don't think it's no longer possible.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

alright, this is bad news for t-mac, but this is GREAT news for the team. this is the best news i have received this year. finally. t-mac's status was like a black cloud hovering over everyones heads. finally its been put to rest. t-mac is out and now we can concentrate on the team.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

Might sound weird buts its easier like this to take because its been lingering and we had an idea this could happen as oppose to last year with Yao where it just hit us unexpectedly (sp?) Im ok with this. Im not gonna lie i was getting real frustrated with TMAC this year but to hear people to say its a good thing and to be happy about someone being injured for the season its disappointing. Remember when Tracy was healthy out there on the court he always gave us 100%, he may not have drove to the basket as much as we wanted but he gave us what he had. Good luck Tracy and heres to a fast recovery

15. Mr Chuck Norris

Rightfully so

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Well, that ends our hopes for a championship....

17. Fiko18

Fiko18 Member

Finally T-Mac is out, this was probably the best thing that could have happened besides trading him away. He has no heart and no will to play winning basketball anymore. He was probably the worst defensive player in the league this year.

Now he will be a great trade asset next year as his expiring contract will be gold for the free agent class of 2010.

Von Wafer was playing better anyway. Time to start him and Aaron brooks in the backcourt with artest, scola, and Yao. They could bring Landry, Battier, and Alston of the bench. Let's see if that youthful and energetic back court can give us a push into the playoffs.

18. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

If true, what a sad resolution to what's gone on with McGrady this season.

#198 rocketsregle, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha the irony!

Well played sir!

20. Landlord Landry