1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Update on Vince Carter rumors (includes proposals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Feb 17, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I still think we should trade

Artest/Rafer
    for
    Baron Davis

Baron will bring out the best in Wafer I believe. The reason I bring up Wafer because we don't know what's going on with Tracy so our starting 5 would be

Baron
    Wafer
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

If this team has plans on winning now, I don't see the problem with this trade...if this team is thinking about rebuilding then yes...Baron has a 5 years on his contract and that is bad for us...but winning now?

You all know Baron is a beastly PG when motivated. Then you have Aaron backing him up and Baron isn't shy at all at driving into the lane and finishing.

Yeah his shot selection isn't good...but ask yourselves this...

Would you rather have him or Rafer taking a contested 3...thought so.

I think the Clips would take the above deal, because they want cap relief and are rebuilding. Rafer's off the books for 2010, Artest is a rental.

I'm just not that confident on getting VC even if he comes here motivated and healthy...what does he add that we don't have?

2. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

But even fans of Nets know Tracy is done, so does their GM

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also people looking at stats...are you willing to say Rafer is a better PG than Baron Davis?

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

are you kidding? Remember when Tracy had back trouble and then went to that crazy doctor who cured him? He's one crazy doctor away from being cured. He will be awesome as ever!!!

No one say otherwise until he gets traded...

5. yellaman

yellaman Member

Good points, but what have the rockets done WITH those 3 guys? They haven't got out of the 1st round with them, it can't get any worse without them. How is the bench weak? Wafer can give you 10 to 15 a night, josh boone can put up the same numbers carl landry was bringing off the bench, plus he'll play better defense. The bottom line is if we want to keep yao around, we need to make a move..this is why i think the rockets are looking to get a guy who is under contract vs. standing pat and letting players go or letting contracts expire just for salary cap purposes.

6. arjun

arjun Member

yao/mutombo
    scola/boone
    mcgrady/battier
    carter/wafer
    alston/brooks

would be ideal IMO, if battier is in the deal, we're gnna need a backup sf

7. Texxx

Texxx Member

Stop being such an immature little child by calling people haters. Seriously, that gets so old with you homers who aren't capable of understanding the reality of what your team is and what they have. If anyone is a HATER it is you and every other fan in here that MISUSES the word hater by trying to call out passionate fans that want winners and not under achievers. I think that you're a HATER for bashing fans that want a championship. So if you can't even make a real argument without pulling the "Starky college kid routine" by saying "Oh you're just a hater", then stop wasting your time. This isn't middle school or a rap song. The hater word is so played out and only used by kids and immature adults.

Until you can show me where Tmac has won a playoff series, then you can tell me that he has had a more successful career than Baron Davis who has led his more than one team to at least 3 playoff victories. Tmac is done in Houston whether you like it or not. He may not be gone right now, but he will be after this season, and then you can follow him to whatever team he goes to and root him on all that you want.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Im definately not, im just saying he's not all that anymore.

9. RedRox29

RedRox29 Member

dont know if someone already brought this up but here is a video of tmac and vc back in the day when they were both playing for toronto. man, it sure would be a nice duo if both played like this now, healthy of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFH2VQ76LM

10. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

BRILLIANT POST

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not getting out of the first round isn't an excuse. You can also say what has houston done with Yao? With Tmac, ron, scola, landry, etc. They haven't done ANYTHING with ANYONE. It's not just those 3 players who have kept them out of the 2nd round.

Boone may get you the same numbers in 15 mins that Landry can in about 15 mins, but can he get you the same numbers in 30 mins that landry can in 30 mins? No. He's also not the same kind of player and isn't as efficient, hard working. Boone's at his ceiling, landry isn't.

Not getting out of the first round isn't the bottom. There's always being swept out of the first round, and not making the playoffs. Yes, it definitely can get worse.

12. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Fixed*

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lmao @ this irony.

Someone that is coming up with the cute nickname She-mac, asking someone to stop being immature and saying something gets old.

This can't be life.

14. Texxx

Texxx Member

Tmac plays like a woman. No scratch that, women play way harder than he does. But that will be his name until he shows that he has a pair. He has more nick names than any Houston player I've ever seen.

And yeah, the little guys that run around here that can't make an argument and just scream out "Hater" every time someone points out the truth about their favorite player does come off as childish and Junior Highish. If you're over the age of 21 and still running around calling people haters just because they have a different opinion than you do, yeah you're pretty childish.

If you can't make a case for a player without having to resolve to the middle school tactics then you're obviously sticking up for the wrong player.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's just not motivated man.

Once he gets outta there and goes to a playoff team he's going to beast again, I don't see what we lose if we trade Artest/Rafer for Baron.

Baron will get tons of open shots on this team, the reason his FG% is worse is because he's taking most of the shots and most of them are contested because guys aren't going to double Camby or anyone the Clips have.

Also I know Baron is a bully guard, he's going to drive to the rim a lot and create for others. It's not like he can't shoot 3s...in fact look at his warrior days and in the playoffs he knocked them down...even clutch 3s.

I'm just thinking, Artest brings more to the table then VC. If we play the Lakers in the playoffs...whose going to give Kobe problems? It sure isn't going to be Battier or VC or Tmac...it's going to be Artest, that's the reason we got him.

Artest brings more to the table than VC, VC is just Tmac with a better shot. I'm not saying VC is a bad player, but he doesn't bring anything new to this team and i'd rather keep Artest for the year if we're trading him for that. But if we're trading Artest for Baron, I can dig that he brings something new to the team...something the team has never had...a good PG.

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

You know, I'd appreciate if you wouldn't bash women so much. It's getting old fast.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well I sure as hell hope you're under 21.

The whole thing started by me saying why would anyone want to trade for Baron Davis with that ridiculous contract, and then it turned into a T-mac/Baron debate.

Fact is, anyone that wants to trade for Baron Davis at this point in his career should stop talking about trade proposals.

The end.

18. worzel gummidge

McGrady would've seen an doctor earlier today, no? Did the results kill this trade?

19. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

No such thing as sticking up for the wrong player if that player is wearing a Rockets uniform, stick by your guys through thick and thin. You are definately entitled to your opinion, but please stop acting like a liberal with your "I'm right, your wrong so agree with me" point of view. I'm sick of McGrady too, but as long as he's a Rocket I will support him and cheer for him to succeed. Go Rockets! IN MOREY WE TRUST!

20. uofhpikapp91

uofhpikapp91 Member

The whole reason T-Mac has pulled himself out of the line up was because he knew that the trade deadline was quickly approaching. I am tired of his antics, give me VC.