1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Update on Vince Carter rumors (includes proposals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nah ....

2. diegot143

diegot143 Member

JUst give them Mclazy and head!!! if not then stand pat and sit Mclazy until he submits to the team and realizes he is just a role freaking player.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's because he was motivated to play well for the Warriors.

Look at his early Hornets career, he was a beastly PG then and when the Warriors became a playoff team...he once again became a beastly PG. The years he was bad was the years his team sucked.

Add motivation to Baron Davis and he instantly becomes a top 5 PG.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

You actually think baron davis has had a better career than tracy? Haha okay, baron on his best year was considered a top 5 pg, tmac on his best year was considered the best player in the world, get real...baron is not an improvement over tmac because he is just as injury prone and his shot selection is just as bad. Its cool that you found out the art making nicknames, don't overuse it.

5. yellaman

yellaman Member

I'm fine with the rockets including anyone they want to except yao ming or carl landry. I would give up scola ahead of landry. Landry just has a higher ceiling than scola, plus he is younger. My proposal would be scola, tmac, and battier for vince and boone. I would love if the rockets could find a backup pg and get rid of rafer!

my lineup

c yao
    pf landry
    sf artest
    sg carter
    pg brooks

bench

boone
    mutombo
    backup pg
    barry
    wafer
    dorsey
    whoever else....

6. Texxx

Texxx Member

You can say what you want and try to quote skewed stats all day long but it won't change the fact that his presence on his teams have been by far greater than any presence She Mac has ever had on any team. I've never seen Davis on the worst team in the league like She Mac was on Orlando when they were a playoff team right before that. They only got worse with Mclady and most people forget about how Orlando's GM even called She Mac a quitter back then but none of us wanted to listen. Davis knows how to push the ball, be a scorer, and a facilitator. He can be counted on at the end of games way more than She Mac has ever proven that he can.

7. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I don't believe that Tracy doesn't care about winning, we all saw his emotion a couple years ago after the game 7 loss against Utah at home. Why dont you injure your knee like Tracy did and see what you can do. Most pathetic all time? Are you forgetting Mo Taylor? Kelvin Cato? Please. You judge so hard with no substance for argument except for speculation. You are frustrated with T-Mac's performance and status in and out of the lineup, that's understandable, we all are. But I wouldn't go so far as to say he doesn't care about winning.

8. Texxx

Texxx Member

And where has Mclady gone in any of those years when it came to the post season? Nowhere. He is nothing but an individual type of player and can't lead his team anywhere. Baron Davis led his team in the playoffs while he was hurt and while Mashburn wasn't even playing many years ago which was also at the same time when She Mac was getting booted out of the first round of the playoff with Orlando. Davis got to the 2nd round twice while dealing with a ton of back problems. He is waaaaaay tougher than She Mac has ever been.

Who gives a rat's ass about Mclady's scoring titles or his averages. Did it get them a win in any post seasons? Not one. Get off of Mclady's crotch and realize what he is. An under achiever who has never been able to close games.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If we were to trade for Baron we'd be KEEPING Tmac anyways.

From what I hear the Clips want immediate Cap relief, so we'd be trading Artest. That's IF we were trading for Baron but unfortunately I don't think we are.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't understand why people think Artest (worthless as we won't resign him), Head (worthless period), and Landry (I really like the guy but he's the second best PF on the team) for Carter is a bad deal.

The window on this team is closing fast and that includes Yao. I think a lot of teams (and fans) waiting to hit the lottery in 2010 are going to be very dissapointed. People need to watch carter play now. He has matured a great deal , and could really help this team.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well since Baron only plays good when given a good team he better thank god the Warriors traded for Stack Jack and Al Harrington that year they beat the Mavs in the 1st round, because without that trade the Warriors probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. Definitely wouldn't have beat the Mavs that year.

12. Texxx

Texxx Member

I know all about the Cato and Taylor types of players but they weren't being paid what She Mac is and neither of them were expected to be leaders for this team. If you want to criticize those guys, stop wasting your time and point the finger at the idiot who signed those fools in Dawson. No other GM in their right mind would have given all that money to those guys.

Neither one of them ever did anything to block a trade like Mclady has just done. Yeah yeah yeah, I know that you Mclady lovers will deny it all night long and swear he is giving it his all, but wake up and smell the coffee. Even if he was giving his all, the guy is not a winner and has proven 3 times now that he can't take the Rockets anywhere so the longer he stays on this team the more he hurts the team's chemistry and chances of finding a real superstar somehow.

13. faraza84

faraza84 Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

MY TRADE that works with NJ and Chicago

Houston sends: Tracy and luther to chicago
    Houston receives: Vince carter and Kirk Hinrich

Bulls receive: Tmac, Luther, and Hassel
    Bulls send: Ben gordon and Larry hughes to NJ and Hinrich to Houston

NJ Receives: Ben Gordon, Larry huges
    Nj sends: Vince to htown and hassel to chicago

why we do it? tmac is done but could possibly be healthy and trade bait to teams looking for a bigger name, and we get half man half amazing plus a good point guard in hinrich

why chicago does it? Gordon isnt goin to resign with the bulls so they might as well get rid of him along with Hughes albatross contract and they pull in luther head a native, as well as tmac a big name that could potentially help rose and deng and keep them in the running for 2010

Why nj does it? They get 2 guard who can shoot with an expiring contract, as well as hughes who can still put up numbers and also allows them for a raffle at 2010.

14. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Here's how I see this.

The Nets hesitate on taking McGrady mainly because of the risk of injuries.

The Rockets hesitate on giving up Battier+Artest+Landry+Head because this would involve key components to the wins we have already, and to the character of the team. It would be a huge gamble to dismantle the rotation for this trade.

The Nets will give in faster than Houston will, because the reasons for hesitation are generally easier to overcome.

Notice that in the last couple of years, teams are making moves primarily to chase the 2010 market, and they are not afraid to take on injury-prone players. The Nets are hesitating because of the risk of a specific player. Many teams have hesitated for the same reason, yet have still taken the player (Heat took Jermaine O'Neal, Suns took Shaq, Sixers signed Brand, all despite possible injury issues).

So I would hope that we're not going to be rash and trade away Battier and Company. It's a funny thing though. If I came and told you two years ago that Battier, Artest, and a guy we drafted in the 2007 second round would be more essential to our rotation than Tracy McGrady, you might look at me funny (although you might believe it, knowing of McGrady's injury history).

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the point is giving up that many players of our rotation is NOT GOOD. doesn't matter if its landry or scola. you're giving up 3 more than solid starters for one good starter and a back up.

That bench you posted is also a weak one, which is another result of trading too much of your rotation for pretty much one guy. You just don't do that unless you're getting a lebron or kobe.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Hassell can do everything shane can do plus his contract is cheaper and a yr shorter.

17. jameschan1125

jameschan1125 Member

Obviously it's better to do Tracy for Carter. Battier is the last one we are expecting

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Haha dude your such a hater, everyone is aware that tmac is on the decline, and he isn't the player he was but...Baron isn't any better.

And guess what "McLady" and Bdiddy have in common?? THEY BOTH HAVE 0 rings!!!!

What did the 07-08 patriots and dolphins have in common ? Huh, what's that? Oh yea 0 rings that season. Your logic is ridiculous and the bases of your arguement is stupid nicknames.

The stats are there, rafer shoots better than baron, yes rafer everyone.

19. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hassle no problems VC a few. But is VC a problem for us. Do we even want him? HELL YES!!!!!

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Riiiiight. Except that part where Battier is 6'8 rather than 6'5, can play spot minutes at the 4 when Hassell can't, and his worst 3pt shooting year is better than Hassell's best.

Other than that, you're right. No difference. I'm sure those things don't matter to anyone.