1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interest in a Wizards Lottery Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hoyarocketsfan, Feb 17, 2009.

1. hoyarocketsfan

Washington Post is reporting that the Wizards are potentially interested in trading their 2009 Draft Pick (which would more than likely be in the top 3 or so) for expiring contracts.

For the people who believe tmac is done for the year or at least that this season's Rockets can't win a championship, how would you feel about a Ron Artest for Etan Thomas and the 2009 Wizards pick? (works in the trademachine)

I can say from firsthand experience Greg Monroe is for real and would look great next to Yao in Rockets Red.

Sources: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/16/AR2009021601244_2.html

& ESPN trade machine

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Artest for what?? scrubs.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I would definitely do that. A shot at Griffin in the lottery alone would be worth Etan's contract.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! I am down...

Well, unless we can get Vince for Tracy....

If not, I AM DOWN.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Etan only has 2 years left on his deal. There's no way the Wizards would do that. Maybe if we took on Agent Zero, now that's a mean contract. T-Mac for Gil and their #1? :eek:

6. Texxx

Texxx Member

I'd rather keep Artest and trade Mclady for that. I'd have no problem doing that and building for the future. Mclady and Yao together as a dup has been a complete failure that will never win a championship much less even a playoff series at this point. Mclady is about as valuable as Walt Williams was many years ago.

7. hoyarocketsfan

I agree they probably wouldn't, but they are in bad shape financially and may just need to dump money. We could also take on another 1.5 mil 2 year from them in Pechevor in exchange for Head's expiring.

8. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

please do this deal. More lottery selections please!

Morey would exchange those for a freaking superstar.

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Wizard's lottery pick is worth a lot....

Artest for Pick + Contract Dump would be just a dream.

10. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

just assuming we were to do the Tracy/Vince deal as well as this Artest/Draft Pick deal, here's what we might have next november:

PG - Stephen Curry / Rafer / AB
    SG - Vince / Wafer / Barry
    SF - Battier / Trenton Hassell / Barry
    PF - Scola / Landry / Hayes / Etan
    C - Yao / Deke / Etan

with one extra roster spot open.

or if you put Curry into the SG spot:
    PG - Rafer / AB / Barry
    SG - Stephen Curry / Wafer / Barry
    SF - Vince / Battier / Hassell
    PF - Scola / Landry / Hayes / Etan
    C - Yao / Deke / (Etan)

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I would much rather trade for their lottery pick than go ahead with any of the rumored deals. If McGrady is done, this team needs to rebuild. Check the delusions of grandeur in at the door.

12. Egghead

Egghead Member

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Like Shane Battier? :rolleyes:

if we obtained Washington's #1, we might wind up with two #1s -- ours and the Wizards'. Wouldn't it be a lot better to get a future star and a future solid player (#1 to #6 and #13 or #14)? Remember, our pick goes to the Kings unless it is a lottery pick -- and we could collapse completely the way we are going.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed.

this is better than the long term deal of vince carter.

we need a young stud on this team.

15. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

That's my sentiments as well. Yao and Mac just never could stay healthy enough to live up to the potential, and the time has come to turn the page on what was an era filled with promise and lacking in results. If we get a guy like Carter it only delays the inevitable (and bury's us further in cap hell) rebuild that has to come at some point.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Take it from me; this year is a DOWN year for the draft. There is no Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, or Derrick Rose (or any other one-and-done player to drool over) at the top, and frankly it's difficult even coming up with 10 players in the entire class that one could see making a lasting impact on the league. This is why Morey traded his first rounder for this year, and why a Wizards 2010 pick is more valuable than their 2009 pick regardless of where they're picking in each year.

Individual players we should probably save for the College and Draft thread discussion board. Suffice it to say, I am not impressed by Greg Monroe, Hasheem Thabeet, or any other big man you want to throw out there in the lottery. DeJuan Blair is the only real deal there, and that will only be bc he will probably last into the 20's.

17. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Just send T-Mac over there, He would fit in with Gilbert Arenas anyways. Money makers who never play.

T-Mac for Javaris Crittenton and a lottery pick

Get it done Morey.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You can't rebuild that young when you're star player is already 28 years old. They need to win NOW and need proven players. Tmac +filler for a top 3 pick +filler is definitely a good idea, but they need to turn right back around and trade the pick for a legit star, or semi-star.

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

McGrady's contract for Arenas and their first rounder sounds great to me.

20. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Uh... Blake Griffin? Ricky Rubio is not sure yet. I'd love to have Stephen Curry.