1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Update on Vince Carter rumors (includes proposals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

Hahahaahahaha don't forget Stromile Swift.

2. lalala902102001

We can't afford to give up both Battier and Artest. Who would be our defensive stopper then? Vince? Tracy on one leg?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

we're giving up too much. but at least now we know morey is not making battier "untouchable" like some say.

4. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

No, read closely, it says COMBINATION, meaning more than likely 3 of the 4, with Houston holding on to either Landry or Battier.

5. LonghornDIT

LonghornDIT Member

How many times have we sung the praises of Daryl Morey? Why not ONE MORE?! In Morey I trust. He will make something fantastic happen. :cool:

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I want Bdiddy because of his talent.

If he came here motivated, he would make this team great.

I would take the risk on him more than VC.

7. rajc17

rajc17 Member

why do you want another player that plays unmotivated when he is bored with his current team, we already have one in T-Slack i dont want another one

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Remember kids, Morey is a magician. He does not reveal his secrets. This is just like the draft; he loves to create distraction. In reality, Morey is working on a stealth trade to bring in Amar'e or Bosh.

9. Rox-Champion

Rox-Champion Member

The Nets have countered with a proposal that would send Carter and Josh Boone to the Nets for a combination of Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

10. JGrizz

JGrizz Member

We need to have faith in Morey. The dude has his focus and has a plan for this team. He is not going to blow some serious pieces of the future for a big namer of the present. I want to hear more about this "combination" aspect of the deal. I agree, moving T-mac would be prime, but how often does a trade go that well? I'd take VC if we got to keep Battier.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What does VC REALLY bring to this team even playing at his best besides a player who can hit a open shot and drive the lane when he feels...He is bascially Tmac 2.0

Baron at his best is a playmaker, a bully guard, takes pride on defense, hits the open 3 (with Yao...there will be plenty of open shots for him to hit) and he'll be motivated because he has tons of talent around him and would be coming to a team that can still finish 2nd in the West.

Look at how he played in GSW...and they were 8th in the West. Of course he's going to be unmotivated playing on probably the worst team in the NBA.

I'm pretty sure he would come here motivated, we're 5th in the West not last place and we could still finish 2nd or 3rd.

12. trenton1977

trenton1977 New Member

The deal is Battier or Landry with Head and Artest for Carter and Boone! I do it! There is no way Artest is going to resign with the Rockets next year, Head is no longer in the rotation, so in my opinion the deal is Carter for Landry straight up, because Im sure New Jersey does not want Battier and his contract. New Jersey is in the Lebron Sweepstakes in 2010, the Battier contract does not help, who wants an Overpaid somewhat defensive stopper!

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

[rquoter]Sources say the Nets are also concerned about McGrady's health. McGrady has already missed 18 games this year. The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that McGrady missed Monday's practice and will not play against the Nets as he prepares to seek more opinions on his problematic left knee.[/rquoter]

Ok ... it's sounding more like the microfracture scare really was a ploy to block trades.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

If we are basing our playoff hopes on hoping someone is motivated we might as well keep T-mac.

Baron Davis has a bad contract and his shot selection is worse than Artest and T-mac.

15. xiki

xiki Member

Sorry, but - I'll believe VC the Rocket when he is one. No Carter deal seems Rocket realistic to me.

I suspect this is NJN trying to create a Vinsanity market where perhaps there is not one?

16. Texxx

Texxx Member

I said that (Not in here) the minute that the story broke out. It was only a week prior to that and Mclady said he was going to become vintage Tmac again and then not even a week later when the trade reports start surfacing he talks about shutting it down for the season? That was such an obvious coincidence right there. Mclady just wants to ride our pine and relax it until his contract is up. He could care less about winning or playing hard. He is very comfy just coasting along.

That was so obvious how Mclady did that to kill any possible trades. He is one of the most pathetic Houston Rocket players of all time.

17. Texxx

Texxx Member

Uuum not it isn't. Baron Davis has been a smarter player than She Mac ever has been his entire career and a better leader when his team needed it. He played more than one season hurt in the playoffs and won a series or two for the Hornets and upset a great Mavs team a year or two ago when he got his Warriors team hot. Mclady hasn't accomplished anywhere near what Baron Davis has as a player in this league when it comes to making good decisions on the court and leading your team to victory.

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Man HELL -----> to the -------> NAW. Has New Jersey lost their collective mind? Shane and Artest? Never. Never ever ever. They can have Chuck hayes instead of Shane.

19. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

But the question is Baron Davis's contract is garbage, and if we keep Tracy, we can hunt next season cuz his contract will become attractive, maybe we can bring here Wade or Bosh, maybe just wait and give up this season

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

baron davis is a career 41% shooter, shooting 35.2% this year, WORSE THAN RAFER ALSTON.

also, despite his bad shooting, he's jacking up 6 3s per game this year and 5.3 for his career.

no, i wouldn't say he's a smart player. he played well for the warriors b/c they played an extremely fast pace.