1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ch 2] McGrady could be out for season (UPDATE: MRI reveals no damage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketabc, Feb 11, 2009.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Where do you get your information from? Lord.

2. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

nice
    now that tmac's out
    now lets see who you rocket fans shift the blames to

3. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

or shall i say
    who you yao ming fans shift the blames to
    i'd say RA
    but we'll see

4. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i dont wanna live anymore

5. leonking

leonking Rookie

I think he will be back in the playoff

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

WTH? How can 3 doctors not realize that there is missing cartilage in his knee.

This is ridiculous. Something just doesn't sound right in all of this.

7. Zfan

Zfan Member

Same old story but still hurts so much.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

"you rocket fans"? What team are you rooting for?

9. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

you can never blame the season on one guy. we watch the games, the entire team lacks energy and consistency...i was sick of people trying to pin tmac for it.

some of the best games the past few years was tmac lighting it up....22 game win streak was led by him.

everytime he rested, he came back and played so hard and lit it up...then dropped off, now we all know why. and to think that he might still try to play out the season...thank you tmac for some great times, and sucking up the opponents defense to give the rest of the team open shots. you're the man. :cool:

10. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

im so sad for mcgrady. he was hurting all the time. nobody believed him. people called him names, questioned his heart and still he played through the pain.

i cant believe our doctors. last time tmac said he didnt feel right, the doctors said it was nothing. come offseason he required a surgery.

now, he keeps saying he's knee still doesnt feel right and the doctors said there's nothing wrong and he should just play through the pain. damn. that could have caused the additional injury.

i said it before, we should have replaced the doctors already after that first misdiagnosis. get those doctors from phx.

also, some people on this board are just pure haters. and i do wish tmac gets traded now, because houston doest deserve him. he needs to go where the fans believe in him and support him. cmon, one season of suckiness after years of carrying the load, and you turn on him already? even if he werent injured, fans should have been supportive of him instead of constantly ridiculing him.

excuses made like they are rockets fan first are plain stupid. these players are playing for you, getting injured for you, they bleed rocket reds like you guys, but as soon they start playing badly due to age or injuries, you turn on them. im so sad for these players. if you cant bring a championship to your fans, they turn rabid on you no matter how loyal youve been to the team. that's what happened to jvg, stevie, even the dream was traded. damn. fans here can be so selfish.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

how in the hell do you miss the missing cartilage on the MRI? this is bs. i have had 2 ACL reconstructions on the same knee and microfracture during the 2nd reconstruction. you don't miss a bald spot on the knee. there is no way they didn't know about this. the missing cartilage explains everything with tmac and it makes perfect sense for how his play has been horribly inconsistent. i know because i have been there.

WAY TO GO ROCKETS MED STAFF!!! YOU TRIED TO GET CUTE BY HAVING T-MAC PLAY THRU THIS SERIOUS INJURY AND NOW YOU HAVE JEOPARDIZED THE '09-'10 SEASON SINCE T-MAC WILL BE REHABBING THRU THAT SEASON NOW!! HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAY!!!

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The coach could drop his minutes to 25 and he could play the rest of the yr.

13. sar4l

sar4l Member

are u serious man, wtf......this is heartbreaking :( :(

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

You've just been nominated for idiot of the year. Congrats!

What's funny is that RA covers 3 people, all of whom have already been feeling the heat on the BBS. Way to cover your bets!

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It looks like we will make the playoff over the Suns (due to their problem), but lose to the Lakers in the 1st round. We could have been #6 or #7, and get past 1st this year.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy's mind is not going to be right with this news. just sit out and have the surgery and rehab strong.

the team has the talent to play without him. we werent' going to win a championship anyways. let's use this year to see how far we can go and make changes accordingly.

17. dexkk

dexkk Member

microfracture surgery at his age means retirement. sad news.

18. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

you are the lonely soul in this forum that refers Rafer Alston as RA
    :confused:

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

have you ever needed to have microfracture surgery done? i'm gonna guess no because your comment makes no sense at all.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He needs to go ahead and retire. His body just isn't built for the NBA.