1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Per Friedman - Tmac getting MRI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

the rapid decline of t-mac is just alarming...

how did a two time scoring champ now regularly score 3,4 points at age of 29?

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Exactly...nothing has been over the line, like wishing injury upon him or anything of that nature. It's been all within the scope of what Tmac is currently facing, a chronic knee injury that he failed to rehab properly in the offseason. As a Rockets fan who wants to see the team succeed, there is no worse feeling that watching a team with all the talent in the world fail to do anything with it because one player, who is also our best player and is supposed to lead by example, dogged it in rehab. Like, is Tracy really that dumb? I mean, this season is probably his best chance to win a championship and he decided to not give a 100% in rehab. I thought winning a championship was everything that he ever wanted. I just don't get it. It was the most irrational decision in my opinion.

3. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Tracy didn't play basketball during the summer. He has a sound bill of health,The problem is he didn't work on dunking the basketball or shooting his jump shot or running hills or any type of cardo/basketball /strength conditioning during the summer.

As a result his game is out of wack. Tracy feels he is so naturally talented that he can just suit em up and go out there and run the show. He failed to realize or wasn't advised that his age was catching up with his body.

The brother is getting older and when you start to get to this point you have to work extra harder to keep up with the jones's because you have young trayc's entering the league every year. This is what makes kobe better than tracy is his off season work on his game. Kobe works on his game in the summer in order to keep up with the compettition.

4. aggie87

aggie87 Member

he is a shell of his former self... I don't see him signing after his contract is up

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I was speaking more in general. That's why I said around here, and definitely didn't feel it warranted it's own thread to say what I did.

I guess I'm just trying to see things from both sides. I completely understand fans getting upset. I am 100% on board with criticisms of players. It's just that some of the stuff said, I just know they would never say it if they were face to face with the person. I guess it's the hiding behind a keyboard and monitor deal.

What can you do though right? Some people can't criticize without resorting to less mature ways to get your "point" across.

See when I read a post like yours, I'm more inclined (as a McGrady apologist) to say..."yeah...it's the beginning of the end of either his career or at least his time here." I don't have to agree with you, but I can respect your thoughts and give them some thought myself.

When I read, "McLady is blah blah blah, trade him for Kobe, blah blah blah." I just think...man, if this is the general concensus around here, I'm glad they don't run the team, and they are just spastic and aren't getting any points across.

Which one to you is more effective? Anyway, that's not the point. I just find that a lot of comments recently are pretty classless. Certainly not everyone, but a nice sizeable chunk of posters. It detracts my enjoyment of this once great board that I use to just troll and finally decided to become a member and join in on the discussions.

I guess I feel that a certain breed of posters is ruining something good we had around here. Damn...I've gotten off the topic of the thread now, haha!

Anyway, MRI away. I don't care what T-Mac does. I just want the team to make the playoffs, and I want the team and him to be playing at a high level come playoff time. If he's not, I'm on board with trading his expiring contract.

At this point, I don't believe any trade out there will fix the problems the team is having now.

6. 99bb

99bb Member

No way, Grant Hill has a great heart. :mad:

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Wow.
    Since when is Tracy McGrady not a team player?
    He's been the main facilitator throughout last season and does his best this season.
    And to address the knee (for all you ignorant "fans")
    He received surgery during the offseason. After he rested it the amount of time given, training camp had already started so he wasn't able to correctly rehab his knee like he should have. And because he was so excited about the season, he decided to start playing right away.
    It isn't easy to come back from knee surgery, ex. Dwayne Wade
    50% of the posters on this forum are crossing the line, posting ignorant comments in which are pointless and only instigate false and ridiculous hate towards the guy.
    People expect way too much from him, and whoever thinks the team is better off without him, obviously doesn't understand basketball.
    Besides his horrid shooting performance on Milwaukee (he wasn't alone... yao, rafer, battier), he's had a decent shotting percentage since coming back. Especially if you take away all of those desperation 3s at end of games the TEAM lost.
    Of course he's not gonna be 100% right away. Give him time.
    By April, he'll be ready enough to give this team enough to beat any team in the west. We have the weapons.
    Basketball is a team sport. It's not just one man's fault. Get real "fans".
    Instead of buying into the BS you read around here, actually think about what's going on.
    We don't need a trade. We have everything we need. We just needa get everybody on the floor for more than what.. 5,6 games?
    Chemistry isn't an overnight thing.
    Be patient or don't call yourself a Rockets fan.
    A "fan" doesn't bash his/her team with ignorant BS.
    K thanks.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Can't argue with that - though they're always going to be around. Bad news just sends them flying out of the woodwork.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

God how many MRIs is this guy going to take?

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

It would not surprise me if he retired when his contract expires. Its a shame that he is so young and so so talented, but can't put it together between the ears.

11. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

exactly, if t-mac had to go thorugh what Grant had to suffer, t-mac would have quit like 8 years ago rather than working his butt off so he could just play again.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can imagine a scenario where he calls Amare, J. Kidd, Oden and some of the other microfracture patients to get some advice.

Tracy: "Say man, how long was it before your knee felt right after the procedure?"
    Amare: "It never was 100% again but by 18 months I felt close to being the same player I was before the surgery."
    Tracy: "Damn, no wonder I'm still having problems with it. I got blocked by the bottom of the rim last game because I couldn't get any lift."
    Amare: "I feel for you. You're a real soldier coming back after 8 months for sure."
    Tracy: "Thanks. The fans are giving me hell. They just don't know what it's like to come back from getting major surgery. This arthroscopic surgery is the toughest thing I have ever gone through."

Amare: "Wait a second. You had arthroscopic surgery not microfracture."
    Tracy: "It's basically the same thing. The incision in my knee was nearly 1/2 inch long."
    Amare: "WTF? They are not the same thing. I had my knee scoped a few years ago and was dunking on people 8 weeks later. That's pretty pathetic Tracy? You for real?"
    Tracy: "Whatever. I'll have the last laugh."
    Amare: "What the hell are you talking about?"
    Tracy: *sobbing*

13. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

GREAT GREAT POST

exactly the way i feel

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i agree in most cases. i really dont like it when people result to words like "moron" or "idiot" or character-defining terms like that. it tends to bother me more when people attack reporters or other non-players though, because whether its Morey or RJ or Fiegen or Adelman, they are all secondary actors. when it comes to the players, especially someone like tracy who has coasted his whole life and is now dealing with the cumulative effect of all his "easy way out" mentality - really it should be expected. he brought all of this on himself. he could have taken his job seriously and worked on his game, and respected his team and teammates enough to put the kind of work in that he needed to in order to have a successful season - but he didnt. so, in my opinion as long as nobody is hoping for his death or something completely inappropriate, i'm fine with people calling him an old man, or a lazy bum, or a pansy, or weak, or a loser - because he earned all that.

matter of fact - if you think fans here are hard on tracy, go read what fans in new york say about A-Rod. 3 time MVP. Potentially an all time great. It'll give you some perspective :)

15. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

except most of what he said is wrong.

i understand wanting to hope. but at least get your facts right first.

16. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I'm glad there are some people that still feel this way. There isn't an excuse for the way Tmac is playing. But there is no reason to make up bad nicknames and trash the guy after what he's done in his stint here. What, would you rather have Cuttino Mobley and Francis back? Both of them aren't even playing anymore.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

LOL!! Call me what you want but that's priceless!!!

18. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

The TEAM has played better without him than with him... THIS YEAR.

I just don't know how anyone can argue that. I hope he gets well and returns to form, but I just don't like watching this team play anymore when he's on the floor. It pains me to say it, but it looks like Tracy is the problem. This year. I don't care about individual players as much as I care about the team.

I hope he doesn't play tonight, because I'm going to the game and want to see the great motion and ball movement we saw when the young guys were getting lots of playing time.

For those who continually defend Tracy, I ask you... when did you finally give up on Steve Francis?

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL :D

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

He never seems to surprise Houston.