1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tmac setting us up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Feb 11, 2009.

?

Is Tmac setting us up

1. Dude is not hurt - just wants out

48 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. Actually hurt and wants to stay

53 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The only concern with Tmac is he really hurt or is he looking for a way out of town? Once he's trading, he tells everyone he's back and starts playing at a high level with another team?

Better yet, do we even care at this point. His mental and physical play is atrocious, btw, I don't think he could pass another teams physical.

2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Dude, I think it's pretty obvious that T-Mac is done. I wish he was faking it, but that missed dunk...that was real.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Come on the dude dunked left handed over someone just 2 nights before this embarassment. More mental than anything, becasue he is soft.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

It's not which hand he dunks with, it's his legs. His legs gave in because he had no gas left from previous games.

Stop being a conspiracy theorist. What we see, unfortunately, is what it is: Tracy McGrady is done, even though he tries to mask it.

5. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

i love tracy mcgrady the sleepy eye person.

but trade his ass now.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol yeah, tracy is pulling strings. hes playing bad because that makes it easier for him to be traded :confused: . Because you know, nothing helps out your trade value more than missing wide open dunks and playing like crap. He's definitely setting us up. Mac is running an underground sting. In fact, I think Mac is the one who tipped off the NFL about the Texans' full contact practice in the offseason.

7. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

We should wait for next season when his trade value is higher from his expiring contract.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Okay, if we wait till next season. What do we do with him now, put him on IR or bench player. I'm thinking IR and go with what we got.

9. ibm

ibm Member

good question. but in a way it's kinda a moot point, because we're doomed either way.

if he's done in a sense that he may never be able to go back to the level he used to play, then we're using a 20+ mils salary cap on someone that's not worth it any more (though this happens all the time to all teams).

if he's actually wanting to be out, then we're doomed even more.

the solution i can think of is to get rid of him, if we can. the cost may be high, but long term we may be better off from doing this. i was a big fan of #1, and i am not saying this for "hate"; just for the sake of the team.

10. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

What do we do with him now? It's obvious. We ride it out. This team is 10 games over .500. We'll probably end up with 50 wins and end up as the sixth or seventh seed.

There's nothing we should do unless, as someone suggested, the Clippers offered B. Diddy and Kaman/Camby to us.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think B Diddy is done, he's just jacking up shots ala Shemac. Give me some live active bodies. I hear Monta is available. I would put Artest, Jackson, and Monta together to make a run.

Worst case sceanrio we do nothing, run Ron at the SG with Wafer backing him/Shane up. Our defense sucks anyway, let's go the GS/NY route and try to put up points.

12. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac set up us the bomb

13. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

if we trade Tracy to GS who would we get back?? Crawford and Ellis for Tracy we'd have to trade ron 1st we dont have enough roster spots for a mega trade unless we make some smaller trades before then or on the same day

14. Raven

Raven Member

He's just not an every night player anymore. His body and mind can't handle the grind. Part of this is Tracy setting himself up to retire. More and more, I think he wants out, and we're seeing damage control. He doesn't want people to think he's walking away because he hates the game and hates the work. He's wants people to think he's walking away because of declining health.

15. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

HE IS NOT ****ING HURT jesus...

he had a KNEE SCOPE surgery, and EIGHT months to recover from that minor procedure, the same procedure tons of players had and come back better, stronger, faster...

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

1. Everyone is not the same.
    2. Whether its physical is debatable, but its definitely at least mental.

17. rhee

rhee Member

exactly. ppl should get a hold of their nuts. :rolleyes:

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Awhile back I thought about posting a thread about the eerie parallels between this year's T-Mac and Vince Carter's final months in Toronto.

I'd prefer to believe this is more about McGrady being unable to deal with the fact that his leg isn't itself after he blew off rehab. That he's embarrassed with himself and would rather hold back than make it obvious that he can't do what he used to.

That's not a great situation to have either, but the other scenario would be so detestable I'd rather not entertain it as a possibility without real proof.

Evan

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Nine months and a week, but who's counting?