1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 2/11/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

i hate big guys who can shoot it from the outside like hawes. Troy Murphy is another and yao puts up big numbers on him but he still gives Yao fits on offense, hopefully Hawes will not be much trouble.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe the Rockets will realize that they're dicking themselves over and start playing team ball.

3. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

Dallas just beat Sacto. Looks like no defense was played. We could probably win this just by going all out on offense and no defense :D

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I don't feel well about this game. We may be easilu outrun by Martin, Udrih, Thompson, etc.

Yao will have a tough job, Hawes is a starter.

5. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

no matter what the result is, please do well.

6. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Martin scores 39
    King 104 - 97 Rockets

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Win the game please.

I mean seriously, just win the game. A score of 86-80 is good enough for me.

There is a hole in the McGrady and Yao win record when they score above 100. Although it's impressive, it's actually because a lot of them are probably blow out wins.

The Rockets were a defensive team for a long long time, defensive teams aren't expected to score 100 and hold their opponents to 80 or less, but whenever they do score 100, it's probably because it's a blowout. When we were still a known defensive team, we weren't suppose to be scoring 100+ a game like the Suns, but suppose to score low but keep the opponent's score even lower, so whenever we score above 100+ it's a blowout.

The statistics lie, just play defense and win the game. The record isn't showing Yao and McGrady together are a great duo, but how good the Rockets are when Yao and Mcgrady and the Rockets as a whole play defense.

8. hayibara Ai

hayibara Ai Member

Win the game , and show some changes in the game

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

If TSlack plays, there is a good chance that we lose.

10. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

11. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

i really find your negativity sexy, i have no idea why..

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Winning cures everything, and if the Rockets aren't going to make a move by the deadline, this is a win they'll need to alleviate the pain.

13. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I can only hope that we win, but i prepared myself for the worst. ;)

14. yysheep520

yysheep520 Member

if i have heart disease,i think i will choose do other things when rockets playing matches,cuz the process of the matchs are really :( .........but i have not ,and i really hope rockets can win the games that they should win.or if all of them try their best to play every games,but, they also lost the games ,i think all the rockets fans will not blame them!!

whatever happens,i will believe&support you !! :)

15. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I will second that. If I see them playing their hearts out, I will be satisfied in what they did. It's important that we take something out of the game even if we eeek...lose. It's important that we make progress and mature in time for the playoffs (if we ever get there...I hope so).

As much as everyone disagrees and based on what I see recently, I am still satisfied with the team. I think Truwarrier is the last piece that we need to complete the team. We just need to fit everyone else together as a unit. T-Mac is still recovering. It pains me to see that he missed the dunk and it is even more painful that his teammates are laughing at him. That dunk could've won us the game or could've change the momentum at least. I believe he did that for the team because he does not really want to be memac again. He still believes in the team but what did they do? They just laughed at him like some rookie :( . I still think Morey and Adelman believes that he (T-Mac) can lead the team. He still needs to get himself together. He know needs to evolve and become the complete player. Remember, he is still not in his prime. Yao is one of the best if not the best at his position but he should be wary of very physical centers that could knock his teeth out. And also the shooting ones like Jefferson or Boozer (occasional center).

That being said...BLOW SACTOWN'S A** OFF! :D

16. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I pray this'll be the day the Rockets click on all cylinders....seriously, all this talent, and we're playing like a .500 team?

**Hopes this'll be the first game Yao goes off for 50 points**

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great analysis.
    This made me spurt Powerade as I was reading.

18. noairer

noairer Member

even if we win this one, doesn't change anything, but better win than lose,go rockets!

19. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

nobody is going anywhere, no trade will happen.

20. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

oops.

anyway will be a busy game day around the association

12 games scheduled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.