1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady interview today (2/10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Feb 10, 2009.

1. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

We don't even know what he does. He's just scratching the surface of what he can do, he has to have upside because he hasn't even played that many minutes his entire career. Wafer is growing and blossoming the adjustments teams make against him he will be able to counter simply because he's young and has room to grow.

His skill set will improve and adjust to the scouting report but it isn't really about that aspect of the game. We need wafer because of his youth and athletcism. We are getting beat out the gate by these young athletic teams.

Wafer is a huge upgrade defensively because his athleticism will allow him to recover and stay with his man even know he doesn't have all the fundamental skills and offensively he can get to the basket something that we need when teams overplay and front Yao.

RIGHT NOW WE NEED ENERGY MORE THAN STAR POWER

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Geez.

And he says others shouldnt talk so much :rolleyes:

Hows about your whole "Im back" schtick McGrady eh?? A mantra you've only gone over about 10 times in the past couple of years.

It has been said before in relation to this - but actions sure do speak louder than words - and the actions are nowhere near matching TMac's words/promises/declarations.

I have had it with him now.

Trade him for the best you can get....it is a painful road ahead with another first round loss being the BEST POSSIBLE SCENARIO if he's still on the team after the deadline.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

so what was the purpose of the 12 day training session?

damn shame that he didn't rehab properly in the offseason

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

BINGO!!!!!

It's one thing to move in practice.. But a whole different deal in a game...

When he did that dunk.. He wasn't thinking.. just reacting..

But in the last game, you saw him slip and his knee buckled from then on he wasn't the same. It's just human reaction to protect the part of your body that's weak..

Marion Barber rb for Dallas had a bad toe and as tough as he is, everyone thought he would be back in a couple of games... When he did come back you could see he wasn't the same.

I've said it before... I agree with DD that T-Mac could have done a lot better on his rehab... But no one on this board can judge what type of pain he's dealing with.

But even with that this team has more problems than just T-Mac, the deal is he's got the BIG X on his back. This team has BIG TIME CHEMISTRY problems and no direction...

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T-Mac's rehab is going to take longer than 12 days....

His entire game rides on him being able to cut on a dime, explode in one move and the ability to jump off of either leg.... He want truly heal until the offseason

6. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

That was really sad. Just the way mac acknowledge he didnt had it in him and that he just cannot do it anymore.

Let me make absolutely clear that I've never been a fan of his me-me attitude, and volume shooting, Iso plays and the rest. Any attention grabbing, bigmouthing, cocky person starts on the wrong foot with me. But seeing him right now, I really feel for him. I mean I really really do feel for him. I dont wish this on anybody.

Best thing I can hope is he really stays within the team-ball concept, tries as hard to as his body permits on defense, use his so called facilitating abilities. I dont want him to try anymore dunks ( that dunk on tyrus was more of a layup-tap in) attempts since its clear he cant do it and we dont want him to hurt himself furthermore.

I really hope all this has taught him a valuable lesson and he will change into a down-to-earth person, and he will go on to do great things in his career.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

T-mac said this team had great leaders.

Where at?

Who?

Deke is a leader but the man doesn't even play.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Adelman
    :rolleyes:

9. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

And if he reinjures it, you'll be the first hounding him for having taking the risk

10. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

i'll take the player's word over the doctor anytime. Only the player knows what he's feeling. Wade was 100% healed last season, and still couldnt do jack.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Horse crap....if he injures it, he injures it....you have to trust the doctors.

The problem is that he is not one of those guys that has a burning desire to compete, those guys get mad and forget about the knee and just go...and pretty soon they realize..."Hey it isn't going to fall off after all".

Whereas Tmac is playing scared......so dissappointing.....he is struggling with such a minor deal where so many others have had the same surgery and come back stronger or at least as strong.

Hugely dissappointed.

DD

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Co-signed.

13. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

co-cosigned...

seriously, at this stage, i dont know how anyone can keep apologizing for t-mac.

14. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Tracy has an uncanny ability to appeal to the media and make people feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for him man.

But underneath it all he's just wishy washy. One day he talks about "Defensa" the next night he plays no D. Then, he talks about how they talk way too damn much and now he's talking more about why he's not playing as well as he should be. Despite the fact that he told us he'll come back with a vengeance as the tmac of old after he came back from "conditioning."

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The thing he said that really got me to roll my eyes is when he said "It happens to the best of them" about the flub dunk, yeah tracy but then there's you... :rolleyes:

16. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Why say "vintage" Tmac and "I'm back" but the moment you start playing like s***, all of a sudden its my confidence and my injury.

Nothing but excuses.

17. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

blaa blaa blaaa more bs spilling out of his mouth. :mad: stop talking and play all ready !

18. jondoe

jondoe Member

Sigh, I knew he would come up with an excuse. every time he plays bad, an excuse comes out. Gee, could it also be that fifteen extra pounds it looks like he is carrying? I hate to admit it, but Rox aren't going anywhere until they shed him and his 20 million dollar contract

19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Magic short? Is he going to wear the Magic short underneath the Rockets short from now on? Just like Jordan wearing his UNC short under his Bulls short.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This is really getting sad for Tmac, at least he's being "honest" in some way...but i can't help but feel he's leaving something out.

as for those of you defending his "no confidence in my left knee", he supposedly went through these intense workouts while he was out, his trainer even talked about his improvement and strength gain. I've had enough leg injuries to know it definitely is scary to play again and move the same. However, the first step in becoming confident again is knowing your strength in that area is back, which he should have seen during his workouts. The next is just getting back out and playing, basically repetitions, practice after practice, play after play. We're not talking about a special movement here, it's as basic as it gets, jumping straight up, and he can't bring himself to do it?? Getting rebouds, blocks, jumpshooting, layups, etc., all are opportunities for him to use the movement, it's not like he has to do a fadeaway to test his knee. He should have had plenty of reps by now to regain his confidence.Either he's not practicing enough or he's lying about what those 10 days did for him. I agree he needs to see a sports psych, he's thinking he can just wait it out and one day its gonna magically come back, and it may, but it may also be too late.