1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady interview today (2/10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Feb 10, 2009.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Maybe he should get a shoe deal with Nike...his current one isnt working.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's on him to build that confidence. the knee will keep improving, but it's on him to have trust in it. he can sit out as much as he wants but if he's nto confident, it's gonna be the same old inconsistency (though not as bad as at the start of the season).

but we have the all-star break now. we'll see. if this doesn't force him to do something to salvage his season...

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has seen 3 doctors and all of them said he would be fine, and to strengthen the muscle.

How can a guy that got LOOSE particles removed be such a wuss?

DD

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A sports psychologist is not a bad idea. I'm sure if the Rockets have any sense they've probably tried something to that effect.

5. t_mac1

yes. look at how when he took that steal and ran up, it's obvious he slows down so someone could catch up to him. he ran the fastbreak v. kevin garnett FASTER earlier this year when his knee hurt more.

when you're playing HESITANT and with no confidence in your body, you'll look bad. he has to break through this mental wall sometime real soon if he wants to salvage this season. tracy is the only one who can bounce back and make this season work.

6. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Quit trying to defend him.

He SAT OUT because he was not confident about that knee. Now he is saying he is not confident in his knee. What changed? Nothing.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

With his luck and this teams luck that would probably end his season with a concussion.

8. t_mac1

it's his first injury. some people deal with certain circumstances differently. i'm sure by next season, he'll be ready to go just fine.

but he needs to do something to salvage this season now.

9. jae713

jae713 Member

I hope is just like he said "just mental". If it is there's still hope.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What a hypocrite.

11. DaDakota

Of course he will next year, it is a CONTRACT year.

DD

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

LOL! That was mean Shaud, but seriously I hope he regains his confidence somehow.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'll go one further. Why even attempt a reverse dunk if he has no confidence in the knee? He added unecessary complexity when he could have just jammed it home without he added flair.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i like how he mentions that we're not in a bad situation cause he's been on worse teams like the one that only won 16 games

i hope he looks at the standings, we're not too far away from not making the playoffs too

15. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Until then he needs to come off the bench and allow us to set the tempo with wafer, shane needs to sit with him.

16. DaDakota

I totally agree....sit him.......make him EARN his time...when he plays hard, play him when he plays passive sit him.

Start Wafer the team needs his aggression and is better when he is in right now.

DD

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wafer is not going to help us as much as you think. Once people start scouting him and see what he does, he wont be as good as a starter. I like him playing more minutes off the bench though.

18. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i lost A LOT of respect for t-mac this year...all these BS

19. Ismail

Ismail Member

I agree with this. But at least, in some way, McGrady has admitted the problem is mental and that he needs to get over it. I often wonder what these guys do in practice, has no one helped him get over his leg, yet?

20. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

What happened to "I feel like I'm back."