1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A missed dunk, so what?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Feb 10, 2009.

1. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

TMac is not playing well, but he is not done, not even close. That dunk was just a miscalculation. He thought it was a done deal, so he moved his eyes off the basket and slowed down his body. That is what happened, I showed the video to one physical trainer at a NCAA division I school, he agreed with me, there is no obvious sign shows any part of his body caused that failed dunk. That dunk was more about his mindset rather than that LEFT KNEE, he lost that type of concentration with no reason and got blocked by the rim. that is the same reason he never got a tough Kobish image.

If I were the coach, I would have a good talk with Tmac and tell him he will be benched to let that knee heal. Start Wafer and give Tmac 20 minutes a game, he might be fine when the playoff starts.

2. Raibonsters

Raibonsters Member

But still...a missed dunk is a disgrace. Missed dunks tend to rarely happen. I don't know if this shows signs of his weak body or damaged left knee, but it sure shows that he didn't put a 100 percent effort in the dunk. I'm not giving up on TMac or saying that his body is not the same, but his effort has been proven to be insufficient.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good luck with this. Once you become a scape goat, every mistake is magnified. T-Mac will never live down the ire of the clutchfans mob with anything short of a championship... and even then they'll claim that he was a non-factor. He has dug his career in Houston its grave.

4. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Missed dunks rarely happen? Shaq misses a power slam almost every game

5. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

missed dunks are bad.. but i also agree, start Von Wafer and give Tracy 20-25 minutes a game

6. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

on average once a game from my experience in watching nba...

shaq missed one or two last night

7. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

just a missed dunk
    what's the big deal
    his knee is not back to where it should
    how many dunks did yao miss this yr?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Haven't we been through this already?

Whatever ... at the point, I don't really care any more. This collection of basketball players has given me no reason to believe they can be successful in the playoffs.

9. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

the Big deal is if you are not doing it in practice, don't bring it to the game. Keep it simple/plain

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's like Jordan's missed dunk in the all star game -- it's over.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Then Yao must really be feeling small.. Especially being 7'6 and missing a dunk

12. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

Yao Ming got hung by the rim twice this season, his career is over too then

:mad:

13. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I never realized he was computing a physics question.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. You claim this had nothing to do with tracy's knee, no signs of a physical problem, it's all mental...yet you're suggestion the coach bench him to let the knee HEAL???

What i don't understand is why more new threads aren't locked. There's too many" i think this" or "i hate that" threads, among others, that can be grouped in with other posts. This is unecessary and a waste of space. There's too much repeating and the whole board is cluttered with pointless threads or threads pointing out what was pointed out inside of another thread...

15. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

that's a big deal?
    like we would've won w/ that dunk?

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ding Ding....

We have a winner.... Crap around here is just getting unreal...

When we lose 2o new threads pop-up about T-Mac... FREAKIN RIDICULES!!!

17. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIFwBPvc6_0&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIFwBPvc6_0&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUjwP1onBok&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUjwP1onBok&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

^^ those aren't great examples, Wafer came back to redeem himself with a big 3, and i'm sure lebron had like 20 dunks the rest of the game.

19. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Both are examples of failed dunks, simply. And the are both athletic players. Sometimes you trust it too much and fail on the jump measure.

20. lalala902102001

It's not about the missed dunk.