1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FOR SALE: NBA Official Game Ball

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by emoreland, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Ive got one brand new, still in the box, Official NBA Game Ball.....the same ball that the pros play with. This is the alternate ball that the NBA decided to go with last year and then ended up changing back to the original ball after some players decided it did not have the same feel. The ball retails for 100.00 plus tax but I am selling for 75.00. I live in West Texas so there may be 5.00 for shipping. I will pay the rest. Please feel free to email me with any questions and as always....I will include some chocolate fudge free with the purchase of this ball. I will get a picture up soon. Thanks again. :cool:

Below is a stock photo but this is the ball you will be receiving.

[​IMG]

#1 emoreland, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If you get no takers, I'll take it for $25.

3. itony

itony Member

i outbid thee 26!

4. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

I'd offer your $45.

5. emoreland

Folks.........what you have witnessed here......with these ridiculous offers...is the main reason why this bbs and our world in general is going to hell in a hen basket. The chocolate that comes WITH the ball is worth more than the ridiculous $45.00 number that you called an offer.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

no disrespect, but you are selling the infamous failed experimental basketball. im just saying.

7. emoreland

My friend has one that we use for tournaments and I promise that it is the best ball that you WILL EVER ball with. Ive played with the current ball as well and this one is better. The ONLY reason why they went back to the current ball is because it was different. It isnt slick as they claim it is and it doesnt make you shoot worse. In fact, there is more tack on this ball and a better grip than the ball that they are currently using. They only complained because they were used to it and didnt want to change.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

True, but with the recession, I don't know many folks that would spend more than $45 on a ball (not including the fudge). Hell, I think $45 is pretty damn steep for a ball. If the world is going to hell in a hen basket, its because they spend $100 on a basketball :D. Blame the NBA, not the cheap asses like me.

9. itony

itony Member

here, here! second that

10. emoreland

Neither one of you were even close to the price so why even take the time to post? If it was so steep why did you offer it? And this isnt "just some ball." This is an official game ball that is made with real leather and is the same ball that the pros played with. You cant buy this ball at walmart or target.

You can be a cheap whatever if you want.........if you have no intention of buying it, stay out of this thread. :rolleyes:

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If I recall correctly, this ball does have better grip. Enough so that Jason Kidd and Steve Nash said that using that ball felt like it was giving them paper cuts. And didnt Nowitzki start bleeding during a game?

And before you complain about people low-balling you, you should know that amazon was selling the current nba balls for $50 during black friday.

12. emoreland

well this isnt black friday and you can still get the current nba basketballs. The basketball that I am offering isnt being made anymore and there arent that many of them around.

13. emoreland

UPDATE: Item has been sold.

14. itony

itony Member

just curious, did you sell it for asking price? or did you break down...because i had that 26$ waiting and ready(not really) :D

15. emoreland

i actually got full price............as in the retail price of 120.00. The man didnt even blink an eye; said the ball is the best hes ever played with. Im trying to get more of these if i possibly can.

16. astros148

astros148 Member

you should also try selling him a artest jersey for 2x the value before he gets traded.

17. emoreland

Or convincing him that your mom made the RIGHT choice by giving birth to you.

18. UTmo

UTmo Contributing Member

so mean but so damn funny...

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

was it the man in the mirror? :D

20. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

What's so special about the chocolate? More than $45, really??