1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is he back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomjc, Feb 4, 2009.

?

Is he back?

1. He's back.

79 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Nah he was just teasing.

115 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. tomjc

tomjc Member

What do you think.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dude let him play a month first then ask this question.

but i'm optimistic. i've seen tracy attacking the paint hard for 3 straight games now, trying to posterize somebody. his mid-range game is slowly getting back too.

just hope he gets more foul calls. he could have easily gotten 7-8 more fts tonight.

3. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

i think he has played too great games in his last 2 appearences. he needs a big stretch of games where he is not injured.

4. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

unfortunatley we have to wait awhile to see if tmac can still play like he should. he knows if he can ball the lights out houston has a shot at the title. 2nd half of the season is where the nba regular season starts. preseason ends jan 31

5. leonking

leonking Rookie

It reminds me the day when he got tripple-double and announced in Chron like "I am back and you all shut up".

6. t_mac1

unfortunately, he was moving terrible still and never tried to dunk one bit or go to the rim much. a one legged tracy was still capable of great nights.

this tracy is capable of more consistent great nights

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

No he's not back as far as vintage T-mac.

But if he plays like he did tonight it is enough for the Rockets to go deep into the playoffs. Especially if he continues to get better.

He has to get better at running through screens though. That has been his biggest problem. Fighting through screens on defense.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey welcome to clutchfans. you play well one game, you are the king of the nba, you stink the next day, we want you traded or rick adelman needs to get canned.

we've beaten the warriors and the bulls, two bad teams. Let's not jump the gun til we play some decent teams. Good to see him attacking the hoop instead of relying on the jumper too much.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

no, tmac is not back. he is playing better but i wouldn't say he's back.

10. t_mac1

i'm telling ya, we have people with mood disorders on this board or something b/c the mood changes day by day.

one dunk and is he back? like i said, give him a month and we'll see. he played great though in those 28 minutes.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

the most important thing is yao getting the most touches and that the scoring is balanced.

I personally would be happy even if it was just a layup on Tyrus Thomas.

12. onreego

onreego Member

yes AB is back. Hes been doing pretty good lately.

13. t_mac1

i disagree completely. listen to tracy's comments or hell his reaction after that dunk. that is a confidence booster. if he layed that up, it would have been swatted (like a lot of shots thomas swatted tonight). now tracy knows he CAN dunk AND dunk in traffic. in his mind, he believes he still has that explosiveness he doubt he still has.

tracy still has all the skills, but mentally, he was doubting himself. he won't after that play. and after that play (he was 1-3 after that play), he ended up shooting 6-11 on the array of shots he usually makes. he played like tmac tonight, not tracy mcgrady.

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

even his movements using his pivot seemed so much quicker in a long time

15. FABOLOSO

FABOLOSO Member

i hope we lose a lot of games and become the 8th seed so we can take care of a bynumless lakers team before he gets healthy later on in the playoffs WCF... anyone agree!? haha

16. acer01

acer01 Member

Based on one or two game?

17. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

agree, Rox will have to go by them anyways

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

19. blender

blender Member

He was definitely moving better against the Bulls than in previous games, the best I've seen him since returning from the two-week hiatus.

I agree. Confidence was something that he was lacking during his slump, so it's good to see him working to get it back.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

No and No.