1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eminem Fans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Almu, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Just to inform the fans that today I had the absolute pleasure of having lunch with the guy along with some collegues.

He cannot be more different that what he portrays.

We had him in for a youth public spot for radio here in NYC and the guy is smarter than I thought, better mannered than I thought and we even discussed GW Jr, the War and other intellectual conversations which (I have to admit) surprised me. He even made fun of me when I told him I grew up in Texas. The typical "Does everyone ride horses" comment was asked. But that is about as dumb as he got. He really was truly nice and for the couple of hours we were at the place eating, he signed alot of autographs and took a couple of pictures.

He handed me and a couple of my coworkers the soon to be released hit single "Without Me" that will be out in late May. Its absolutely "hush-hush" and not even his record label has a copy. He is afraid it will leak before its time so I feel very thankful since I do like his music. I told him its already on the internet. He cursed. :)

He drove a Dodge Durango around. No limo for the guy from what I can tell. He was on his way uptown to record a song with Busta Rhymes.

Pretty cool how when I started this job 7 years ago, one of the main things that my boss told me was to never let famous people see you fawn over them. Its really frowned on in our agency. But everytime I meet one of these goofs, its pretty cool to think this guy is a multi millionaire and is loved by millions. I asked him what he thought about being so famous and he gave said just as long as he doesn't get played out, he will be around. He truly loves his work and when he stops rapping, he said he wanted to further grow his own record label and just produce albums. He hates touring and says that 90 percent of the other rappers hate him but they do respect him.

Thats about it. We ate. He had Lemon Grilled Chicken with mashed potatoes and a diet Coke. Pretty damn nice day with the guy.

By the way...

I bumped his new song in the car on the way home. Guarantee its gonna hit #1. Its off the hinges! ;)

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Damn, I don't particularly like the guy, but that must have been a pretty cool day for you! Something to remember.

3. red

red Contributing Member

ahem...pictures...if not ill throw this thread along with all those other "sightings" threads into the trash...

sounds like it was cool for you...personally i think the guy is..how should i say it...ill use the phrase of the month...an "*** clown"

4. IVFL

IVFL Member

LOL

Its one thing to be an idiot and act like an idiot its another to know better, I have to agree with reds assesment here.

Still it has to be cool to kick it with a star, especially if they pick up the tab:D

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

hey man, your story is awesome, but i think Eminem was just trying to make y'all feel cool about having his single, because apparently his record company DOES have the single...

cuz i just heard it on the radio

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I just downloaded it (sorry slim ;) ). Its petty tight. Definitely something you can bounce to.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Pet Shop Boys apparantly released a song that implied that he was gay. I thought that was funny.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

This is kind of funny....

Eminem sees red over pink shirt
    Knight Ridder Newspapers
    April 25, 2002 11:51:04

Eminem is inflamed. The swaggering rapper was so mad that a British magazine retouched its cover photo of him that he had his European record company buy all the copies.

Editors at The Face thought his red shirt didn't work with the magazine's red logo, so they digitally made the shirt (gasp!) pink.

"The Face altered his image after the fact," Eminem's rep, Dennis Dennehy, said. "It was done intentionally to cause controversy and to taunt Eminem." The magazine has agreed to publish an issue with unaltered photos, Dennehy said.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/articles/0425eminem.html

9. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i just downloaded it and listened to the lyrics for the first time, and damn Eminem RELIES on fueds with other music stars to sell records.

Almost like the whole west/east coast rap war.

He disses Fred Durst and Moby (who has already replied to Em on his website) on this one...

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Eminem is the man.

I knew that he was a smart guy, just strictly judging on his witty lyrics.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Well, I work at an ad agency. So, when stars come in for radio edit or public service announcements or commercials, I suppose to act professional. I work in Finance. How would it look for me to ask for pictures for every star? My girlfriend works at AOL-Time Warner and meets famous people everyday. Chris Rock, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, Chipper Jones, Bill Clinton, Prince and everybody who comes and sees her boss who is Gerald Levine who is head of AOL.

But she can't do squat. When you deal with them as CLIENTS, you cant fawn over them. When you deal with them as FANS, you can ask for all the autographs and pictures you want.

Just have to take my word for it. I have been posting things like this for 6 years. And by the way, Eminem is as white as they come. They guy must not believe in getting any tan lines. :)

13. Nomar

Nomar Member

Thats awesome. Eminem is probably my favorite rapper.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I find that hard to beleive
    considering he is not a rapper

Just some crappy imitation

Rocket River
    no i do not like him on a box. .
    do not like him with a fox. . .
    I do not like that sick sad man
    I do not like eminem

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What does he say to diss them?

16. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

awesome. im an eminem fan. thats good stuff.

now i gotta go dl his song...

17. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

At least he didn't call him a musician.

18. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

Just heard the song, and I absolutely love it. Typical Em song ... but with more :) Very good stuff...

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

sorry, the RockHEAD rule of BBS stalking only applies to Rockets players and coaches...

BTW, I saw Steve and Cuttino at Bizzar Bazaar the other day :D

20. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

I Love the guy, he speaks the way everything is and doesn't hold back

He can pretty much rap about anything and get the respect he deserves.. He might be a bit of a psycho but thats all with his image and that what makes him great

PICTURES=0