1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is everyone here a rockets fan?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jjd526, Apr 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jjd526

jjd526 Member

I don't get it, every topic has something to do with the rockets. Aren't there any fans of any other nba team?

I personally have been to houston (went there last year for wrestlemania 17) and was not so impressed with the city. Infact, the city of south houston is scummy.

so please tell me what everyone's infatuation with the rockets is?

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You must have come through the wrong door.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, it's a ROCKETS fan site. It's a ROCKETS message board. Did this possibility not occur to you? How did you find this site?

4. jjd526

jjd526 Member

it typed nba draft talk on yahoo. i clicked alink for this page. It said nothing about the houston friggin rockets. (still proud of their filler titles in 93 and 94 when mike retired) otherwise bulls win 8 titles in a row. 91-98.

5. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

What wonderful knowledge you have of the game. The titles were in 94 and 95, dude.

Incidentally, there are fans of other teams here. Swopa is the resident Golden State fan, we have a couple Denver fans and gettinBranded is the Bulls trol....I mean fan. ;) Check out the NBA forum, that is where other teams are discussed.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Filler titles my a$$! During that stretch and for 3 years later, we always had Mike and the Jordaners(Da Bulls) number during the regular season. If we faced them during the finals, we probably would have had 4 titles and they would have only had 4 titles.

7. mduke

mduke Member

here's my quesiton: "Why are there so many dumb*** trolls coming to CC.net?" If you knew anything about basketball, you would know that "ClutchCity" was the Houston Rockets.

8. mduke

mduke Member

Oh, and By the way....

WRONG FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

no.

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

hehe

www.clutchcity.net

Click on the BBS Forum link.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is a joke, right? If your lost, Do a search for Utah Jazz... they'll love to have you.:rolleyes:

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Your last question is legitimate and intriguing. Remember, not all the posters here are Rockets fans, but those who are may count themselves among basketball's intelligensia -- able to ferret out the subtle nuances of the game not readily discernible to the untrained eye.

Precious few non-Rocket students of the game, like yourself, are able to "get it" or even appreciate the fact that they don't "get it." But once they do "get it," their infatuation is akin to the sirens who called out to Odysseus with their silken voices. It is a pity that, like Odysseus' men, your ears are plugged to the sweet song of Rockets glory, for those who have heard it, are compelled to return to the BBS Board. We are so sorry that, like the blind man who cannot understand the color blue, your senses are unaware of and untouched by the warmth of Houston's heart.

13. Oski2005

Have they ever even had a Wrestlemania in Chi town? Anyways, who cares what this guy thinks, take a peek into his future right here.

I've only been to Chicago once and that picture only shows a small part of the city, but I'm goint to assume that's a scummy part of town. Doesn't this dude's dad look like a Superfans regect? I can already imagine what a dinner conversation is at that house, "What are we doing tomorrow pop?" "Aaaa, we're gonna to-da Henderson home and instal daaaaa doors and daaaa windows." "Then what pop?" "Aaaaaa, den' maybe we could go to-daaa sports bar to watch daaa cubs not make it to the playoffs again and get daaa sausage and cheese with steak, well, i'm on a diet so I'll get daaaa sausage and cheese with pork."

Not so funny when people rip on your way of life.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Did you ever wonder why so many Civil War battles were fought at National Parks?

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

jjd526, you do know that Jordan came back in '95 with 17 games left in the regular season, right? Guess what? They lost in the first round because they didn't have a top power forward. Filler titles my ass.

16. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Damn.....that's the wrong thing to say around here. But I see the ammunition is already flying around, so I'll crawl outta here before I get hit.

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I've lived in both Houston and Chicago. I was born in Chicago but spent more time living in Houston and I can tell you that Houston is a great town. Great people, great sports teams, and great area. If you think otherwise, you obviously have not been around long enough to appreciate the city. I'm living in Chicago right now and it is also a great city with great sport teams and great people. Both cities are equally beautiful in every way. Houston and Chicago fans should not fight, matter of fact, were probably the 2 most alike cities. Our baseball teams sit at the bottom of the NL Central. Our basketball teams won the championships in the 90's and now they both are rebuilding. And look at all the Houston-Chicago trades that have been made:

Maloney
    Drew
    Matt Mieske
    Ricky Gutierrez
    Moises Alou

And many more. In conclusion, live in peace my people, line in peace. :D

18. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Not to be nit-picky, Rockets R' Us, but Ricky Gutierez and Moises Alou signed with Chicago, they weren't traded. :D

But good post, regardless.

19. jjd526

jjd526 Member

ok ok, so maybe I may have been slightly wrong about Houston. I had fun at wrestlemania. To answer someone's post about ever having a wrestlemania in chicago, well yes, we had 2 of them so far. Wrestlemania 2 was in 3 cities (new york, chicago, and LA), and wrestlemania 13 was here as well.

Another thing. I knew the rockets won in 94 and 95, it was a typo.

lastly, you talk about my dad, and windows/doors... well maybe I am blue collar, but that does not mean I am stupid, so keep your comments like that to yourself.

oh yeah, one more thing:

you talk about how the cubs fail to win again... well I don't see the astros doing much better. I'd rather not go to the playoffs then go and lose every year. The white sox are making your astros look like losers. Oh yeah, and the rockets are not much better then the bulls, not to mention the bears should be way way better then your new texans team. Am I missing anyone? hmm... guess not.

20. Oski2005

I didn't mean look into your future as a joke about being blue collar, I meant how you would look, physically. Still, that was wrong and I apologize. So let's break out daaaa peace pipe and get happy!