1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NugzFan -what your caproom gets you!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GATER, Apr 25, 2002.

1. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

lmao! he had that...one...good...game...for us...vs the grizz.

i remember it so well. i think he had 17 :)

2. Band Geek Mobster

Nugzfan,

Were you joking when you said you'd give the Nuggets chances an 8 out 10 at getting Jason Kidd?

I think you're joking, but I guess I just want you to clear the air.

Please tell me that was a joke...

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

NugzFan,

If we had proposed a trade (not involving the Rockets) of LaFrentz/Van Exel/Abdul-Wahad/AJ for Howard/Hardaway/Harvey/ late round #1 pick, what would your reaction have been? Forget what you know now, after the trade has already happened. You probably would've said: "HELL NO!!!, Howard's contract is too bloated, Hardaway is too old & injury prone, Harvey has never done anything, & Dallas's pick wouldn't be worth it, because it would be so low." Sound familiar?

My point is, that you bring on a lot of this abuse yourself. You don't have to respond to every trade proposal that is posted, as if they were insulting your family. Most of them will die a natural death, because even the staunchest of homers will see them as nothing more than pipe dreams. 75% or more of the trades proposed on this board don't even take into consideration the CBA 115% rule of salary matching or if it benefits the other team at all.

Until McDyess makes a long term (public) comittment to the Nuggets, there's going to be some wild a** trade proposals floated about. The fact is that McDyess is a stud player & most teams in the NBA would love to have him on their team.

So, unless you enjoy these arguments, just let it go.

Why not go on the offensive & start your own trade proposal thread for acquiring Griffin from the Rockets? How about Griffin for Posey/Bowen/#26 pick? You could justify the trade by saying that Houston has a glut of PF's & needs help at the SF position. Try it & see what kind of hornets nest you can stir up. In other words, put them on the defensive & have some fun. :D

4. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

where did i say that?

i did drool over the thought of getting kidd (scary part is i almost did), but i dont think i ever said an 80% chance of getting kidd. id say more like 8%.

5. Band Geek Mobster

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

no thats not true. i would have been more like "hell no you fuking idiot. thats garbage and you know it!"

you dont know me too well ;)

i do. but it doesnt bother me. i know the way i post will merit such responses, but then i reply back. im used to it and often its fun.

hey! thats a good idea. griff for poz/bowen/26.

i like your thinking! :cool:

7. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

BGM...

lol...dude, this is what i meant...

i mean 1-10, an 8 for how biased he is. for some reason i forgot he asked the question and phrased it from 1 to 10 (or maybe i skimmed it and it got stuck in my head). so that really looked odd.

instead of :

"therefore you are biased. quite so.

1-10...at least an 8."

i should have said:

you are an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of biasness...

or something like that.

lol - re reading that, it looked bad.

oops!!

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't say that anymore. That has to be just about the most annoying expression on the BBS. Not to mention a genetic fallacy.

As for Rice for 'Dice: Are you saying that if McDyess leaves via free agency, you'll be fine with it because you can use the cap room? He is easily worth the cap-room he occupies. If he walks out, that's a net loss for the Nuggets.

If the above is true then anything you get for McDyess that is of equal value is also worth the cap room it will occupy. Length of contracts won't matter because the important offseason is the next one. What happens beyond that is not important (unless you strike out in 2003, save your money and try again in 2004, but Rice would come off the books then anyway).

So the only question that remains is McDyess' value. Is KT, #5, #15 worth McDyess to Denver? I would think so. Would it be worth it for Houston to have KT, #5, #15 instead of McDyess? No, I wouldn't think so. Why? Because Houston has dipped into the lottery pool enough already (Francis, Griffin) and needs to look now for some veteran help. Denver, on the other hand, is just restarting their rebuilding effort and will only handicap themselves by getting veterans before rookies.

Regardless of whether you think those 3 are enough compensation for McDyess is a bit beside my point anyway. My point is that a think a formula for a successful rebuilding project is: (1) draft a few elite-level rookies for a solid base of talent without the cap-hit; (2) After a season or two of these rookies playing with the old guard, slough off many of the old players for free agents or trade acquisitions who are veteran enough to lead but young enough to be somewhat near the rookies' ages. Given Denver's time window for cap space, it seems that now is a good time to trade McDyess for picks/rookies/sophomores, regardless of who the trade partner is.

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

(1) - im saying id rather let dice walk than have rices contract.

(2) - yeah but alot of guys we get for dice in a trade are worth their salaries alot more than rice is. rice is just a waste for us.

(3) - now that trade is a little better. worth considering. but if houston all of a sudden doesnt like it (and according to that board its not true), they why bother asking?

10. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

I think that NugzFan is the biggest homer. With contract caps money is not such a big consideration. Players like Kidd and Duncan will have a short-list of 4-5 teams where they will want to go and the Nuggets will not be one of them. It's not like the Nuggets will be able to offer them a Garnet-like contract, even if they have the cap-space. Why would they want to play for the Nuggets? Nobody wants to play for the Nuggets. Players hate Denver, hate the organization, the team has no coach and no players. That's totally different than what Orlando did in 2000. Players love Florida, and the Magic is a classy organization, plus players love to play for Doc Rivers. If everything fails they'll rather stay put than go to Denver. How is NJ or San Antonio worse than Denver?

If the Rockets were able to clear cap room next year, that would be totally different. The Rockets have very good reputation with players, Rudy has good repuation with players, and Houston is much better city than Denver for NBA players. NBA players don't care much for ski-resorts and white supremacists.

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm sorry, I can ignore bashing our franchise, but <b><i>white supremacists</i></b>?!? HELLO?!? Get a ****ing grip. Name one instance of racism or "white surpemacy" in Denver from the past 50 years. You can't.

Dude, it's one thing to insult an organization, but get a damn clue. That white supremacy crap is bull**** and you know it.

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Nuggets4--i cant speak for that guy, but i THINK he might be referring to that time when Dan Issel called the guy a dirty mexican (not a direct quote there).

13. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Issel later apologized and the Hispanic community accepted. Here's a small quote I found on ESPN:

As Issel walked off the court after the Nuggets lost to the Charlotte Hornets on Dec. 11, a fan shouted at him. The coach responded: "Go drink another beer, you Mexican ... ," adding an expletive at the end of the sentence.

Wasn't the person Issel shouted at 1/2 Anglo? It's a stretch to call Colorado racist based upon this one incident. Perhaps Kayman has a more personal reason?

14. Nuggets4

If he wants to base a huge assumption on that one comment, can I bring up the fact that a black man was drug to death by a truck in Texas?

I'm sorry, but that was utter bull**** what he said about Colorado.

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i wasn't siding with the guy, just for the record...

16. Nuggets4

Oh I know. I hope you didn't take my message to believe that I thought any of you agreed with such a statement.

17. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

its helarious to read anyone on this board use the word 'homer' without having 'i am a' before it. lols are appropriate in this situation according to the online humor manual (v 4.02).

i never ever said we would sign duncan or kidd. ever. id like to but i know it wont.

all of you believe players hate denver. there is no proof of that cept moochie, which means nothing. many players, including recently ricky davis (eh, hes aight) saying they want to play here. ok they arent DYING to play here, but to say they hate denver (no one has, no one will) and wont sign is wrong and stupid and ignorant (why do you make up stuff to prove a point?). we got a class A orngaization, great owner, arena, GM, and fans...plus offering the max...oh yes, that is lovely.

the part about houston just prove you a hypocrit. 'uh, if houston was in denvers position, well then we are the greatest and its the opposite...' says the houston fan. lol. please dude. at least 'hide' your homerism at little. you didnt even try!

18. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

ah thanks n4. i didnt even see your reply before i posted mine. well said...that dude was an idiot.