1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My list on who we should pick up:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wink369, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

What a ****ing r****d.

"You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!"

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

jahiro; you ok? you seem upset. lets talk.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

That was one of the most classless acts I have ever seen on this BBS.... Is Jahiro another of Heypartners monikers?

4. jahiro

jahiro Member

amazing,using big blue letters is enough to push you guys buttons,

i wonder what other little things sets you guys off

oh and nugz fan ,im great,using big letters though might be thought of as upset,was to get your attention that "true" rocket fans dont want to hear about nuggets

and "rocket fans" i prop houston,bash denver and get flamed,you guys obviously support nuggets more than rockets,maybe thats why attendence is so bad,

5. TheGreatest

TheGreatest Member

Jahiro- Using big blue letters is just gay and classless. Although I am fairly new on this board, I can tell that NugZFan is a guy that knows what he is talking about and is respected on this board.

By the way, no one is flaming you for bashing the Nuggets. The reason we are flaming you is because of the way you did it. I am glad that the vast majority of Rockets fans have more class than that.

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

dude, comeon. dont start that pity story crap. you love the rocks, i love the nugs. theres nothing more about it. we are talkin ball.

i guarantee no one here, cept me and n4, likes the nuggets more than the rocks. not even close. you have nothing to worry about. we are all true fans or we wouldnt be here.

lets be pals.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You won't be laughing when the Nugz trade Dice for Rice and our picks.:p

That would be a great trade for the Nugz.

8. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

wtf? what happened to kenny thomas, aka nugget killer?

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Odom,Lewis,or Marion are first on my list, after that anyway we could get rid of Cato,taylor,rice or moochies contract. Jerome James is a sleeper pick. He has a good back to the basket game and catches the ball good. I would take anyone from big z,to ratliff, for the reales of those 4 contracts. If its anyway we can get Odom, we should do it.

10. german rocketfan

My List Of Players We Could Sign or Trade For:

Michael Olowokandi
    Did you see how he bombed Cato away in the games vs LAC

Ricky Davis
    I really like this guy.He's young and could develop well here in
    Houston.Can run fastbreaks,and catch alley oop passes.

Ira Newble
    Perhaps you all disagree,but his D is amazing,perhaps he could
    backup Rice,if we don't get a good starting SF

Keon Clark
    I think Toronto loves him and would like to resign him.The rockets
    don't have good chances to get him,but i would be a very good
    acquistion.He is awesome

Ben Wallace
    I would love to have Big Ben on the team.He is so huge!He plays
    the best D in the NBA and is the best rebounder!Need I say
    more?

Lamar Odom
    I'm not sure about him,because we would take a high risk with
    him,but the team chemistry would be very well,because Francis
    and Odom a good friends.

Rashard Lewis
    Come Home Boy!

Jerome James
    Perhpas we could sign him if we don't get a good Center.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ok, Nikestrad says if we sign Steve to the max, then it takes us out of the running for out-right signing of one of the superstar FAs in 2003. So the only way we can get one of those players is to do a sign and trade.

But Nikestrad, what if we got both MoT and Rice's contracts off the books for one-year contracts which terminate by 2003? Would it be possible then? I don't know if I'm suggesting this to be a smart move. I just wanted to know if it could be done.

Certainly one might take Mo's contract cause he still has some trade value, especially if he comes back and plays well. Rice's contract could be taken by packaging our draft picks along side it. So it is possible to get rid of both of those contracts if we really wanted to, would it not?

Although it would look like we were looking a year a head instead of the here and now, who thinks the FA class of 2003 would be worth it? I just keep thinking that if we had the money, we would be a top contender for Duncan's services, being that we are in Texas, and being that we have a young talented team which he likes.

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Of course it can be done. Can you go out and plunk down the money and buy a new 'Vette? Sure, if you win Lotto Texas.

As a purely business decision, why would anyone take Glen Rice's contract? There are only 2 reasons I can think of:

1) If they were offered the 5 and/or 15 pick along with the contract. Unless that team is one of 2 or 3 (Clips, Bulls) that can absorb Rice's contract, the Rockets will have to take in equal value.

2) If the Rockets took a contract in return. A net of nada.

The only other way to remove Rice is a buyout and that hits the cap as well.

Trust me, no one wants to get rid of Glen Rice more than I do, but you can't just tear up contracts and dreamcast Tim Duncan. Do you realize how few top tier FA's leave their team?

#32 GATER, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I guess I'll except the fact that we won't be a player in free agency for several years. Which free agents do ya'll think would take the 5 million MCE?

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Good question but very difficult to answer. There are too many variables at this time. For example, whether they can package Rice's contract along with the pick(s) and what position(s) those aquired contracts play. If Rice is gone, are the available MCE SF's better than Walt who has Bird Rights? Are the Rockets interested in Kevin Willis and is it mutual? Did Rashard Lewis sign a short-term contract in Seattle because he really wants to be packaged to Houston? (Probably not, but it's among 100's of dominoes that must fall before the final MCE decision is made). What trades will be offered to the Rockets?

That's the reality. If you're asking who I would like to see them go after, then my list would include Jerome James (especially if Collier is dealt), Malik Rose (not much chance and only if KT is dealt), Ruben Boumtje Boumtje (possibly the next Ben Wallace?), Darvin Ham (no reason, I just think he would be a nice addition), and Menk Bateer (primarily joking, but not really if we draft Yao Ming and there is alot of diplomatic red tape).

Two players I really like but it would take some changes in the current Rocks lineup are Lee Nailon (Hornets) and Walter McCarty (Celtics).

It's just too easy to sit back and say I want Bonzi Wells...hell, every team in the league wants Bonzi Wells. What do you think that does to his value? The Rockets need to find tall, athletic, court-smart, defensive players that are under every other teams radar.

#34 GATER, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  15. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

whats german for "no way the pistons trade wallace"?

i cant find my english-german dictionary.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Die Pistons werden Wallace unter keinen Umständen traden.

17. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you're a Raptors fan?

18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I would avoid Keon Clark at all costs. The guy is the most inconsistent player you will ever find. He would not last a minute in the west playing center and his one on one D makes Cato look like the Dream. I also think the Kandi man will resign with the Clippers and even if he didn't, he wouldn't be that huge of an improvement over Cato.

I would love to have any of the 3's that will be FA next year but I think signing Mo T killed any chance we had of signing them outright.

I think the sleeper might very well be Ricky Davis. Yeah hes raw but he loves the game it just shows when he plays. Anyhow enough of this dreamcasting stuff.... Bring on the lotto.

19. Hydra

Hydra Member

You have Die Bart Die tatooed on your chest.

No no, thats German. It means the Bart the.

Oh, no one who speaks German could be evil.

20. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

lmao! thanks!