1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 1/28/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got red

got red Member

no tmac=win

2. littlefish_220

Yao will play according to Chron

3. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

I think Houston will play with alot more heart tonight than they did in the Knicks game. I wanna see some teamates hugging after this game, family style if they win. I expect them to win big.

4. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

5. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I really want to see more Tmac/artest isolation plays....its the corner-stone of the rockets offense...very potent

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Great, we finally get our big 3 back. We have already lost those 2 games where they all played but really, nodobody was healthly.

Now McGrady looks pretty healthly, Yao is ok, and hopefully Ron's ankle will only improve.

TIME TO STEP UP, Go Rockets !

7. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great post. pure genius. I am in total agreement.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

COMPLETELY AGREE!
    We have had TOO MANY of those games! We have a Ball Stopper (T-Whack) and a Ball Hog who dribbles like he's in Rucker Park (not talkin about Skip to ma Lou) who ends up turning the ball over more than he puts up shots (talkin about our boy Ron Ron).

Another thing that has pissed me off this year are the atrocious calls that YAO does not get! HORRRENDOUS OFFICIATING! Worst than is has been over recent years! JVG had some balls to stick up for YAO and take the 100K fine! Problem is that D. Stern Knows there's a problem, but has no way to fix it or just doesn't know how! It is KILLING the integrity of this game!

9. TheBigAristotle

w00t! first post on Clutchfans! :D

I will predict a victory with this post! Hopefully T-Mac and Ron don't isolate the ball all game!

10. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

oh, so this is the famous "philadelphia" (game) everyone was talking about :D

11. Bassem

Bassem Member

It's funny to say this, but Clutchfans bash Tracy more than anyone else. (Instead of perhaps, I care to say, support him through hard times) The fans of the team that he is on make up the majority of his haters. A bit ironic, if you ask me. lol.

12. Bassem

Bassem Member

Welcome, Aristotle. Please be free to create a thread bashing whoever doesn't play well today after the game. Thanks. :cool:

13. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

We lose this game, and.....
    Let the WINNING STREAK begin :)

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

He gave up on the team a number of games ago. A lot of fans have given up on him in response.

15. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

I think Rick should try a little reverse psychology on these guys' azzes. I suggest he call every play as either:

- isolation for T-Mac
    - isolation for Ron
    - long distance fadeaway for T-Mac
    - double crossover then shoot for Ron

After a whole game of this, and a 47 point loss, maybe they will embrace the motion offense?

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

T-Mac to Kings for anyone/everyone.

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The people that watch him the most are bound to be the most knowledgeable.

18. TheBigAristotle

Sadly, I cannot create threads yet. No worries, I will join the minions of bashing certainly when I can... jk :D

19. Bassem

Bassem Member

Everyone struggles, and if you make the attempt to understand the player's situation it would be easier to swallow their recent play. For example, Rafer will not all of a sudden change from being a 38 percent career shooter, to 50 percent. He's a streaky shooter, and you should know that by now. So if he has a bad shooting night, there's no use of bashng him, because he will his fair share of good shooting nights as well, and he will probably end up averaging around 38 or 39 percent.

Anyway, the main point, the solution to every problem is not to trade whoever players are struggling, but to have other players step it up while that certain player is struggling. I'm sure that player is trying his best to come back to his usual form, and it obviously takes time to do so. If that player happens to be so valuable as to have so much of the team rest on his shoulders, and how he plays greatly affects the team, then expect some losses for the time being, but be patient for he will come around later on, and especially around playoff time when it's most important.

Sorry for the big lecture, but I just had to let it out. :cool:

20. Landlord Landry

welcome BigAri!

LandLord is going to the game tonight! woooooooooot!

Cheers mate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.