1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you do before the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jan 26, 2009.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

First all, I say we keep Tmac and Yao. It would be sad to live through this Tmac and Yao dynasty and not have anything good happen.
    Tmac is coming off the books in 2010 and will be valuable then. And regardless of what has happened, I still believe he can bring this team a championship. Plus I see the most chemistry between him and Yao, and I think the way they play compliments one another.

However, I would strongly consider trading Rafer and Artest.

Rafer is overrated and his streaky shooting is too much of a risk for us, especially if we already have Tmac shooting the way he is. I know its probably just me but I don't exactly see what Rafer does specifically that any other point guard can't do. Occasionally, the guy plays some outstanding defense which I can most definitely appreciate, but that's about it.

And for Artest, the guy is just not bringing what I thought he would bring to the team. I was hoping he would make our offense run faster and attack the basket more like he did in Sac, but sadly, I feel like he is just a redundant Shane Battier shooting 3s from the perimeter with maybe better defense on the other end. He is good, don't get me wrong but we have enough 3 point shooters on the team. And yes, I would trade Shane instead of Artest, but Artest probably has more value, and if we're going to get anyone good in return, we gotta give up someone good.

In return, I would hope to get a true top tier point guard. I know I'm day dreaming but anyone like Billups, Parker, Deron, CP3, Nash, or even Ginobli would be flippin fantastic. Tmac's game has obviously shifted to settling for jumpers and with a true point guard that attacks the basket and can pass out, it would set Tmac up for better shots.

Flame me if you want but Rockets are under performing way under our expectations and we keep losing to sorry ass teams. I don't even want to use injuries as an excuse anymore. This team NEEDS a true point guard like we've been saying all throughout the off season before we got hyped up about the Artest trade. I am not questioning what Artest can bring to the team, but if we're really looking at to improve the Rockets and what the team NEEDS, I would really consider this.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I would trade Artest for a Ray Allen type player, I just don't know if there are too many players like him..

3. 1individual

1individual Member

You're right. A true PG would erase all our problems with SG position. But who would come to Houston? What do we have to give away? Ron Artest?

4. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

If the Rox get a great PG, I don't think it'll matter cus Grady would still dominate the ball. Have to get rid of Ron for a backup to Battier.

5. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

they need to go after ramon sessions, earl watson, or mike miller

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I've seen a lot of people give their lists of untouchables in various threads. In my opinion, the only guy that is truly untouchable at this point is Yao. There are several others that are unlikely to be traded (McGrady, Scola, Battier, etc...) but I can see anybody other than Yao being dealt under the right circumstances.

7. mag

mag Contributing Member

I think we should trade TMac while he still has some value.

8. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

We should trade Tmac and Artest, I'd love to have Kevin martin on this team

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He'll have more value next season as an expiring contract. He's basically at rock bottom right now.

10. boby

boby Member

Trade Tmac for a big Mac please!

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Trade Artest and fire Adelman
    <br>
    A person can wish right..
    Well actually, the Artest part is realistic
    <br>
    Luther will probably be traded

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Trade I would love to see happen but I doubt

Ron Artest for Jose Caledron

Can this even happen?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'd try to swing a 3 way trade, where Ron and Rafer leave, and we get Nocioni plus a starting point...not sure what point would be available though...maybe ridnour, but he hasn't been shooting as well as he's capable of..i know that looks one sided, but consider Ron may leave for nothing after this season and I think ridnour/nocioni would fit better than ron and rafer.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

nope, the raptors won't trade Calderon away for a forward, not after they made it clear he's their pg and traded TJ.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Welcome to my world get us Mike Miller, or get us Kirk Hinrich...either works in different ways.

Ron Artest DOES NOT FIT !!!

DD

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

when tracy gets healthier, he'll use the pick and roll better. right now, it's simply ugly. but when healthy is better, he remains highly valuable.

i don't know if artest will ever get better. he just said after tonight's game his ankle is "very rough." and he doesn't fit with this team b/c he doesn't know how to pass and he wants to the ball.

mike miller would be an ideal player on this team. kirk hinrich would work too but we have too many PGs.

ARTEST FOR ODOM make it happen morey.

17. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

I agree.

Especially Mike Miller. He is a real fighter plus a consistent shooter behind the arc.

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Artest and Rafer for Nash. Or Artest and Head for Hinrich. I'd take either/or.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

artest has more value than just hinrich. what are you smoking? we better be getting back more than just hinrich if we're trading artest.

if we're going to get hinrich for PG, trade artest + brooks for hinrich + another starter.

20. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I would take Miller also, I'm always afraid he's going to injure himself though he plays crazy sometimes. :eek: