1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 108, Pistons 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sab504

sab504 Member

+1

Your not a true champ if you try to avoid someone. I say beat em all and crush them if they are in your way.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's playing tomorrow. hopefully yao does too, but the ESPN people said yao might be out tomorrow too and won't come back till wednesday.

3. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year buddy,oh well,I'm a Chinese celebrating this festival,with a victory in the bag of the Rockets,I couldn't be happier than now.Good luck buddy.

4. sab504

sab504 Member

Thats fine. Rest him. If we dont need him for Detroit, we shouldnt need him for d'antoni's knicks.

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

LOL,I guess that's all because he needs to reunite with his family to celebrate the traditional Chinese Lunar New Year.Tradition is tradition,he can't skip the schedule just like me.As long as we keep winning,no need to rush back to the floor if Yao's knee is still sore and painful. ;)

6. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

One of them was a really bad miss leading to a Pistons' fastbreak. He should have let the clock run down and manage to get a high percentage shot for the Rockets.

At critical time, you should try not to be a gambler.

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

We've crushed Utah twice this season so far.I'm looking forward to watching the Rockets sweep the Utah this season. :D Hope it'll come true.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Tracy,

I know you don't know me but listen to me for just a second. . . . you are not a jump shooter. In fact, you are a terrible jump shooter. It may look fancy and feel cool to do a turn around jumper. . . but you suck at it. Stop it. If you stop doing one thing in your repertoire of moves, that's the one.

In addition, you hold the ball way too long. Pass the ball and run your ass off in another direction. Get to an open spot, don't stop moving until you do. If you don't understand what I am talking about, watch Rip Hamilton. Not only will you get better shots but you will also give better passes and set-up a more productive offense. If your coaches aren't telling you this in practice then I'm telling you now.

Run. Run until your lungs burn and your knees ache. . . and then run some more. Your legs are fine. The doctors have told you this, we all know it here on the forum. Frankly, you look awful out there and we all want you to be as great as we know you think you are.

Best of Luck to you,

Rokman

P.S. - Can someone start a letters to Tracy Thread?

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

He just gets himself used to be a gambler rolling the dice that his jumpers would fall.He's lovin' it! :D

10. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Ha! Eat it, Wallace!

11. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great game! We should've blown them out, but we never keep a big lead, so I've given up on that hope.

Anyway, Artest was a beast tonight. I loved the and 1 where he did the "most muscular," pose to the crowd. Fantastic game for him.

TMac, well he looked good for spurts. Overall better than before the time off, but not anywhere close to his usual self. Prince gives him trouble, but it was nice to see him go to the basket on him for that big lay-up towards the end.

Rafer was playing out of his mind until the end when he decided he needed to take one last floater. AARRRGHHH. Man, Brooks is in a terrible, terrible slump. He looks like he has completely lost confidence in his game.

Scola was great for the most part, but man does he get abused by good post players. Still you gotta love how he didn't get involved in the trash talk with Wallace and kept on grinding, especially on those huge o-rebounds.

Von Wafer, man what a gem. He didn't even get used on D too many times tonight.

Ball movement was GREAT! Defense was NOT GOOD.

Well, I hope Yao plays tomorrow, it'd be good to see our full team out there.

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

apparently yao will be playing tomorrow (from rotoworld).

anyway, tmac moved better but was very average. it's just his first game back so we'll see how he progresses but i can't see him improving much more than tonight. maybe he'll make more jumpers, but he rarely drives to the hoop.

artest really impressed me today. he has a habit of jacking some bad shots up but he's really a huge asset. his three point shot looked great and he battled hard.

13. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He got lost on every screen he tried to fight through. Rip was abusing him all over the court in the 2nd quarter.
    Offensively he was very good, but defensively, not so much.

14. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Agreed the first time he came in. The second time he came in, I thought he was just a bit better.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Good overall game by everybody. Impressed with Wafer scoring 10 pts in 14 mins off the bench. Tracy still looks a little rusty. Rafer played well, but his decision making down the stretch was turrible, just turrible. I don't want him touching the ball down the stretch - ever. Battier with what might be only his 2nd good game all season. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

In sum, it was a good game, both teams played hard:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrOH-KHxXg0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrOH-KHxXg0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For the record, I love Rasheed Wallace :D

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Tracy was what 6-13....Thats like right in line with his career average shooting percentage. Not his best game, but we won. He still has a ways to go. But ill take Ws.

17. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The team defense at the beginning of the 4th quarter was much better than the defense in the 2nd quarter, i think that's why he looked so much better.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tmac was a little rusty but i trust he'll get it back together with a few more games.

19. aka665

aka665 Member

I completely agree. Tmac in the 4th quarter didn't play within the flow of the offense. He doesn't have his legs under him yet, but he's trying to play iso like the way he used to. But at least he was attacking (or trying to) the basket... so at least he has confidence in his left knee...

let's hope we have yao back on wednesday, and we'll see how good this team can be.

20. chinafansforyao

chinafansforyao New Member

what r u talking about?