1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von wafer #16 at Holinger's SG efficiency statistic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Jan 23, 2009.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

2. rv2843

rv2843 Member

Cool. Great recognition for Wafer.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think that's really a big deal.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

two things stand out in that list to me.

1) its amazing how much better Ray Allens shooting %s are than everyone else. look at that TS number. jeez.

2) tracy really, really needs to work on his shot. 0.388? ick. its a testament to how well rounded he is that he can be a top 12 sg in efficiency of all things, with a TS% barely above .5.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Top 20 isn't that big of a deal if you're limiting the rankings to any one position in the game.

I mean I like both players, but just sayin...

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Just shows how good Wafer could really be if he could learn how to pass and defend better. Despite being less than outstanding in passing and rebounding, his scoring efficiency is good enough to land him in the top 20.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

T-Mac number 12 after having as horrible 1st half of the season as he did.

8. JeopardE

I think it's noteworthy in the sense that he was nothing more than a scrub when this season started, and now he's performing well enough to be a bona fide starter. Still, he has a lot of improving to do, and you can't really compare him to star players until he begins to approach a PER of 20 (which is what durvasa means when he says it isn't a big deal). Right now he's merely a better than average player at his position as far as box score production is concerned.

9. JeopardE

I found this rather amusing:

Deke has a PER of 55.

10. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

it's nice to see that T-mac's Ast is still the highest of all the allstar shooting guards and small forwards. I guess jvg was right about that. T-mac is one of the best passers not named chris paul.

11. sjiang78

sjiang78 Member

40pt 10 rb per 48min...

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah it must be really special to have two SG's in the top 20. Try having two that have not gotten their minutes from the other one being out with injuries.

Signed,

Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez, Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams, and to a lesser extent Jamal Crawford and Anthony Morrow.

13. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

wilt chamberlainish..