1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Youtube account suspened.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Galaksy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

You gotta watch out for some chinese sites since they only have servers in China so people that are overseas aren't able to view them or it would take a long time for it to load.

2. GOAT

GOAT Member

it has been reported that youtube will become extinct before the year is over

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The change you didn't want to believe in has come. ;)

4. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Doubt it, Google is in control of it, whenever Google controls something, it only grows, it never dies.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Youtube sucks, two of my vids were also deleted due an unfair copyright claim ... CF Youtube account should be back online!

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Where did you get that info from?

7. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I've been shut down 5 times, they don't like NBATV videos or NFL stuff :mad:

8. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Amen my brother!

I have gotten "warnings" but never been suspended for the stuff I have up... though I don't get as many hits as Clutch.

10. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

wait for the answer

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I was out of town all day yesterday so I missed this when it happened. YouTube did not send me an email saying my account was suspended, but I did receive this at 4:47pm yesterday (and this thread was started at 4:58pm):

That's the third time I've received a notice like this... the first was in November for the Bill Walker-Tracy McGrady fight, the second was later that month for (you guessed it) the Houston Rockets-Phoenix Suns fight. Notice a pattern?

I don't know if the NBA requested deletion of the account or if this was automated by YouTube for repeat violations. I've put in emails as of early this morning and haven't heard anything. I would have suspected YouTube, but I noticed the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/odenized">Odenized account</a>, which posted tons of popular NBA videos, also was removed in the same way. I would bet the NBA did it.

In my opinion, Houston fans lost out here ... there were probably 200 Rockets videos (not sure how many exactly, but I'm guessing close) in there -- some of them I took with a camera at press conferences, NBA Drafts, the Artest rally, etc. Game highlights of course are the NBA's, but I was under the impression they were embracing fans doing that on YouTube.

SO ... I'm just not sure if I should start over and post the highlights WITHOUT posting fight videos, or if the NBA wants no fan-posted highlights of any kind on YouTube now. If I find out I'll let you know.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

If this is true then those of us like CCR and myself and a few other people who have highlight/compilation videos up should get notices as well.

I haven't heard anything from the NBA or Youtube... I have gotten notices that said "you don't have the rights to this song, but you can use it."

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This just sucks! Odenized and Clutchfans were the only 2 youtube accounts that I subscribed to.

14. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Hey Clutch you can try using Veoh because i'm using it right now and it works perfectly and you can download the clip as well so many members may like that feature ;)

15. YugoRocketsFan

Theres no pattern, the NBA just doesnt allow you to post fights or altercations on YouTube, but videos of dunks and such are allowed.

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Upload to Dailymotion now!

17. FFz

FFz Member

I like veoh or dailymotion. They're all pretty good. You should appeal to youtube.

18. IROC it

Don't be so sure... I had a :24 clip of T-Mac hitting a game winning 3 with a scripture verse on the end of it (it was an illustrated sermon video) hosted on GodTube and they deleted my entire account... that was the only video that had any sort of NBA image... and the NBA had them remove my entire account.

Everything else I had saved was personal videos of church services.

The NBA. Where ruthless bullying of internet video hosting sites happen.

19. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I guess the NBA is being very random with their selections on what youtube videos/ accounts to suspend (probably based on something besides fights) cause this one below has got to be on the most suspension worthy end of the spectrum (as far as NBA nazi's) and it has been up for about a month as well as a handful of other Piston/ Pacers brawl videos.

***Video removed cause IROC It gave it the dreaded "sarcastic" rolleyes :D

#59 ron413, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  20. IROC it

Way to point it out for them to see. :rolleyes: