1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Ron Being Shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxFan4Ever, Jan 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RoxFan4Ever

RoxFan4Ever Member

On 1560 this morning John and Lance said a very reliable source close to the organization said ROX are not happy with Ron and currently shopping him.

2. GMAC

GMAC Member

I smell BS

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This should be interesting.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This has to be bull...It would have been posted already if true.

6. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

*cough* bullsh!t *cough*

..although Ron does have a very very attractive contract with this being the last year.. this will definitely up his trade value.. but I really don't think DM and the Rox are ready to give up on RonRon yet. i don't understand how the rox are "unhappy" though. Ron has saved us from quite a few games (esp. Dallas and UTAH). Sure his fg% is down a bit.. but come on...

7. bucket

bucket Member

I kind of doubt it... he's such a good fit here, and what could we possibly get for him?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

9. theREALDEALkid

Why would we trade Artest? Morey just said he was happy with his and T-Mac's progress in a interview from like a day ago...i don't think there's truth to this

10. RoxFan4Ever

RoxFan4Ever Member

They said it has kinda been under the radar due to the T-MAC situation and how the fans have been reacting towards him, but the ROX are definately shopping him.

11. RoxFan4Ever

RoxFan4Ever Member

I was as suprised as you all are. But I truely don't believe it was bs.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

B.S........................ or possibly a mega Trade is in the works
    I would not expect this as RON is a vital part of our defense, especially against the best teams in the League. Or possibly he has already given Morey a Minimum Fig. ($) for which he will resign with the Rocks- possibly it is so far from what the Rox wan't to pay for him, so they are seeing what options they have. :p

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true but they won't make a deal unless they get something that will clearly make the team better. In that sense, I'm not worried about it.

14. RoxFan4Ever

RoxFan4Ever Member

They also said it would be tough for the ROX to keep him after this season anyways and are seeing what they could possibly get.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well if Morey doesnt want to or thinks he is unable to wrap up Artest long term, its smart to trade him. The absolute last thing you want is your assets walking out the door without getting anything in return. We do have a glut of wings atm, especially now with the emergence of Wafer. Ron has taken over a few games, but has also been a bit of a chucker and hasnt fit into the offense very well. If he is packaged him with Rafer and you can net a solid PG + a solid 7 footer, you do it. May not be the popular move, but its the smart move.

16. zilches

zilches Member

Wouldn't they have known this in the first place before they made the trade for him?

I think that fellow DD with 87,000 posts might be the "reliable source".

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

With the emergence of Von Wafer, Ron does become more expendable. The Rockets should certainly explore that option and see if they can net a solid PG in return.

18. RoxFan4Ever

RoxFan4Ever Member

I would have posted this sooner but I work nights and just got to my desk. I was hoping maybe someone had heard something as well. Let the speculations begin.

19. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Tmac+Ron for Wade+Matrix?

20. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Very interesting...