1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SheMac - How can they stand her?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, who can forget?

But this is different. Its like someone gets drunk or high and decides theyre going to post a thread about how Tmac kicked their dog or something. Just getting tiring, thats all. Thats why a lot of posters just visit the Hangout section now because the constructive criticism has left the GARM most of the time.

Before everyone accuses me of being a Tmac apologist, just know you arent even close on that one. I have problems with him just like everyone else. I just dont understand the new thread about the same freaking issue (or non-issue) 11 or 12 times a day on here.

I know it wont change, but just had to vent. Apologies to those Ive offended.

2. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

actually pretty disappointing thread from one of the better posters here. (rileydog)

3. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

I asked in another thread for people to stop using She-Mac and McLady. I personally find it insulting to women.

I am disappointed in the motivation and heart McGrady has shown over the last couple of seasons, especially this one. I am a Rockets fan and as such root for all the players and want them all to succeed.

I have personally come back from injuries, including broken bones and almost having my leg amputated, to compete in my chosen sport. I have had 4 surgeries on my ankle and over 8 broken bones. So I do know what it means to recover from serious injuries/surgery. There are plenty of tough, driven women out there and I do not like to see women references used as insults.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but I am hoping that now that he has had his comeupance from his own teamates, he will fall in line as a secondary star player.

It is Yao's team now......if Tmac wants to play, he has to play by Yao's rules.

And that team has enough to get past the first round with our without Tmac.

DD

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tmac only mailed it in THIS season. You are out of your mind if you think he had been coasting the last few years. Or did you think making the playoffs and having the 2nd most win streaks in history without Yao Ming is something Nba players do every day?

6. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Sigh....Thanks for ignoring the point of the post and picking out one phrase to get indignant about. Fine, nobody here ever questioned his heart last season. ;)

7. blk5g

blk5g Member

actually not a great post... nothing different, it's the same crap most of you so called rockets fans keep posting, except t-mac is now a girl (shemac) wow did u come up with that all by yourself you get a pat on the back... but for real how bout we stop the bashing he is who he is and he will come around so just suck it up untill he does...

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon man, now you know you are speculating and making stuff up here. And you ride me for bringing a D&D stichk in here?

His trainer said if only guys like you knew how hard he worked. And to say he's only doing this because of von wafer - dude, von wafers great play has been primarily after t-mac decided to "shut it down" and go back to his workout regimen.

So please, at least hold the B.S. Dada. You've made your points with T-mac, but enough is enough. Now you're just going overboard.

9. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Le sigh. What was the point of this garbage? You should have vented a month ago when all the other clones were. Welcome to the party.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope, just speaking the truth as ever.

DD

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

SheMac? McLady? Looks like some people never grow out of the high school mentality. Seriously, you can get your point across without the childish name calling. Unless you actually are 15, I apologize.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Don't you think people are just venting and trying to use a little humor as they vent?

DD

13. Landlord Landry

it's not truth, it's your opinion, your always wavering, flip-flopping, flavor of the month, spur of the moment, opinion.

some truth, some times. :p

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't flip flop at all, I just call it like I see it.

For example...I think Rafer is horrible....and has to go....but that doesn't mean I can not recognize when he has a few good games, that is not flip flopping it is keeping it real.

Big difference....

And everything I said about the Tmac situation is how I read it....and based upon the evidence on hand. I am just not one of those people who blindly follow the team or think because someone can shoot a basket they are some kind of hero...

DD - The speaker of truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.

15. Landlord Landry

the Landry will still read your posts. ;)

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Well I read that whole mess and I still don't think there was anything constructive said throughout.

I'll just head back to the Hangout.....

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I don't post often, so may not be deserving of the better posters compliment. But thanks nonetheless.

I put this out there as a separate thread because I don't think people have really thought through my fundamental point -- how can McGrady's teammates stand the events of this season considering their own makeup, character, toughness, and team first attitude.

The thing that makes this Rockets team unique is the huge number of effort, character, tough, and team players we have. This is the fiber of this team and what makes it so great to root for. Some fans here are understandably focused on results, and all those things don't necessarily translate to results. They haven't translated to anything beyond a first round exit. But that doesn't mean those virtues have any less value.

So, circling back, the reason I put this out there in the fashion that I did is because what has happened this year with McGrady is unique -- unique in that it is totally contrary to the fiber of this team. And I don't think anyone has examined that issue specifically.

If I missed a discussion about this, I missed it.

18. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Maybe my memory has deserted me, but I don't believe RA played in that game due to injury he sustained in game 5.

19. Rileydog

Actually, it's not speculation. Dada's posts and mine are logical inferences drawn from facts. You might not like the inferences or agree with them, but they are not pulled out of thin air. they are grounded in fact.

Some people are incapable of allowing others to voice opinions unless there's first hand, videotaped, irrefutable contemporaneous proof beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I'll tell you -- very little in life is that clear cut. In a trial, with which I'm very familiar, the jury is asked to consider all the evidence and rule by the preponderance of the evidence, or in the case of criminal cases, beyond reasonable doubt.

Even they have to draw inferences from fact to reach a conclusion. Disagree with the conclusion if you like, but don't tell me that there isn't a large body of circumstantial facts.

20. Rileydog

Well, if he only mailed it in THIS season, I guess that should be ok and not matter to his teammates.