1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SheMac - How can they stand her?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

The latest drivel to come out of McLady needs a response from a die hard Rockets first fan. Wouldn't post this except I don't think it's been said this way. I especially want T-Mac 1 (or whatever that poster's name is) to respond to this.

Fundamentally, my point is that I don't know how Yao, Shane, Rafer, Chuck, Scola and Wafer can even stand to be in the same room as She Mac.

Each of them are imperfect basketball players, but each of them fight like hell, give full effort, are grateful to have the best job on earth, and put the team first. In particular, Yao and Shane are imperfect ball players, but both came off injuries and surgery, and obviously worked their asses off to be as ready as possible for their teammates, and for themselves.

After how SheMac dishonored her teammates and the jersey she wears, there's not much that she can do or say to change my mind. For the sake of team success, I want to be wrong and hope she is able to help the team. But like someone said, a leopard doesn't change her spots.

She-Mac is a soft, lazy, primadonna of the highest order. All the stuff she is doing now, she should have done in the offseason. The laziness on the court, weak ass comments off the court, compounded by her historical softness and me first attitude, are all the proof I ever need.

Sure, now that the world has called her out, she does the right thing and actually earns her paycheck and works hard like the rest of this country. The truer measure of character is doing it when you're supposed to.

I'm so ticked at her that I'd almost rather she be off the team for the rest of the year. I'd almost rather see what we can do with Artest, but without She-Me-Mac. Almost. Almost because the team comes first. If there's a chance that she can help us win, the team comes first and I'd be willing to set aside my disdain for her. But I fear it's foolishness to count on her. This has a feeling of ---- fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.

===========

From the beginning of the year, it was obvious what was going on. Tmac was upset from prior years --- it's all on me, blah, blah, blah. So, after having surgery, she has a convenient excuse not to work hard. She's not all that tough to begin with. So, she figures it's better for the others to carry the team through the regular season and so long as she's ready for the post season, that's all that matters. The whole thing turns into a Shaq like situation -- an excuse to be lazy, take half the year off, and work herself into shape. No, I can't read her mind. But then again, is it so hard to piece this together?

And that's where we are. Half the season is done. We remain afloat due to the diligence, sweat and toughness of Yao, Shane, Scola, Rafer, Wafer and company.

It sickens me to think that SheMac is now going to swoop in, and try to take command. I suspect that in her mind, she's thinking ... "Ok boys, I'll take it from here." That's never lead anyone anywhere.

My hope is that Yao, Ron or Adelman says NO. No, this isn't your team. No, you have to earn your right to wear that jersey and command important minutes. No, you don't get to play just because you're SheMac. No, if you play poorly, you don't get to "work yourself into shape" at the expense of the other teammates. No, you don't get to be a ball stopper.

There have been movies written based on this script, where the uber talented kid is lazy and wants special treatment from his coaches and teammates that work so hard. But in those movies, the uber talented kid finally gets it, has a change of heart, and puts team first.

I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know where this will end. But I'm very concerned about just giving this team back to Tmac. I just don't know how they can stand her, but they're pros, and will do what's best for the team. For their sake, I hope this all works out.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great post Riley.

I hope the team makes it clear what is expected.....and that he has to earn his way back into the rotation.

DD

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You can get your point through without your disgusting name calling.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HOW CAN SHE SLACK, SIR, HOW CAN SHE SLACK!!!!???

5. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

rileydog is gonna be feeling stupid as **** by the all star break.

6. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

get over yourself

7. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

Good post.

This period reminds me period before the 22 wins last year. I just begin to worry about Yao's healthy. Though this year wafer shane landry scola and sometimes rafer do stand up and fight along with him.

8. Asian Sensation

lol well played.

9. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

You're joking right? What other player took cortisone shots (in mutliple joints?) to be able to play and carry this team?

Game 6 McGrady line 40/10/5 (13-26 FG). That's awesome. What were some of the others' beloved lines:

Battier 2-7 5 points (1-4 3pnt FG I'm sure he just needed more shots)
    AB 0-5 5 points
    RA 2-7 8 points

I'm sure it's McGrady's fault that the rest of the team sucked. If he'd just passed more would could have gotten beat by 40.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I think you just summed it up for most of us right there. The difference is that players like Chuck, Scola, Battier and certainly Wafer understand how priviledged(And lucky) they are to be an NBA player.
    Tracy for some reason feels entitled to do as he pleases. Any Rockets fan who works 60+hrs a week or is working thru school feels this way.
    I consider Rockets fans to be a blue collar community who appreciate hard work and a tough attitude, this is why we love and will always remember the championship teams. They were the embodiment blue collar.

11. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

nah, rileydogs just a stupid **** head

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

people who have never had an injury or surgery before shouldn't talk like they know what it's like to go through that.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

10/10

that's exactly what I thought of when I saw this title :D :D

Then I rewatched the video

14. Rileydog

Pippendagimp, for the win!

15. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

That is true. But we all know same situation happened to lot of players last spring and summer. What did they handle their injuries?

Kobe? Yao? Shane? They are fighters and hard workers. I'm sorry man I can't see that though attitude from a so called talented leader. I can't believe this kind of leader could lead the team to go somewhere.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wow, what a clever nickname! Did you come up with that all by yourself?!?!

And maybe the Rockets can stand Tmac because its probably not such a big deal and they aren't a bunch of whinny ass b****es like half of this board?

17. Rileydog

Nope, dead serious. I'll give you the cortisone shots. That was about as tough as Tmac gets. But that small sample of toughness and great game 6 -- that doesn't absolve him of the crap effort and toughness he's shown this year.

You can quote Battier/AB/Rafer stats all you want. that wasn't the point of the thread.

18. Rileydog

Pulitzer winning response here. You've got me. I admit it. I am totally wrong. Tmac is tough and works hard.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great post Rileydog,

you shouldn't hide your emotions cause you care about the team more than a bunch of kids who buy this dude's sneakers and jerseys.

Cause when Tmac is gone or Yao or everybody, the Houston Rockets will be here and you will be a fan and that's why this site was created.

Not for fans of individual players, it was made for HARDCORE ROCKET FANS.
    it says it on the fine print, not diehard Tmac fans, or diehard Yao Fans, its about the Rockets.

So let them spit anger with their last breath like khan did before he died on the reliant and the crew escaped cause spock fixed the warp drive.

we know the needs of the Rockets outweigh the needs of the Tmac fans. I am, will always be your friend Rileydog.

http://www.clutchfans.net/about.cfm

What makes the site so special is it is fueled entirely by passion. No money exchanged, no bosses to impress, no asses kissed -- simply diehard and loyal Rockets fans giving the honest dish and coming together to form one of the largest sports communities on the web.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet your the type of fan that thinks we can get the 2nd round with Von Wafer leading the way. The fact is I cannot ignore sheer talent. He may be the way he is but if he plays at 75 percent of his max he is a great player. I don't want a great group of role players in the playoffs; I want 3 stars coming together to get to the Finals.