1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2009] Monday Morning Weigh-in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weslinder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. YourSecretLover

okay so ill start my real diet today! i gained a couple of pounds due to birthday parties and etc.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I hope you are still eating enough. Some people make the mistake of not eating enough and then their metabolism will slow down.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'm keeping up with my food on my LiveStrong app for my iPhone, and keeping it under the calories that it recommends. I'm eating relatively low carb and very low sugar, but only because those are the most calorie-dense foods. I'm working out about 3 times per week - 20 minutes cardio and weights.

4. YourSecretLover

if your having trouble losing weight...i recommend this site

http://www.livestrong.com/

get tips from other members by posting in forums, recording food journals and excercises.

5. Asian Sensation

For breakfast- try having a protein shake and a banana. Or get some cereal with high levels of oats and or fibers (Trader Joes is awesome if you have one in H-town area). Stock up on some Protein bars so you can grab them when your in a rush.

Make a tuna sandwich and go light on the mayo. Make your own salad with spinach, lettuce and other various greens with a lighter dressing (vinagrette for example) and top it off with some grilled chicken. For lunch prepare your stuff the night before and bring it with you to work. I recommend getting some lamb meat and grilling that, chicken and beef is good too as long as your doing the skinless white meat for chicken and leaner cut of beef. Then pack that with some rice and steamed veggies or a salad and you're golden. Baked salmon is good too and goes well with rice and salads too. Sandwiches actually aren't too bad for you during lunch depending on what you put in it and they're quick and convenient . Just don't have chips and soda. Instead opt for fruit and water.

Extra pointers- Drink lots of water throughout the day while your at work. Snack on almonds. Not roasted or salted but the raw kind. These are not bad tasting but are extremely good for you and help keep you full. Get some good quality beef jerkey (I'm not sure if this violates Halal). You'd definitely be avoiding the nasty/greasy pepperoni stick kinds for sure I know that much. Also try to bring an extra piece of fruit with you like a banana, orange, apple, few tangerines etc.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have been drinking 1 gallon of water per day.

I have to piss every 30 minutes, but I feel like it is really detoxing my system nicely.

I don't like drinking just straight water, so i get some sugar free ice tea or lemonade packets to mix in with it.

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yes, I'm drinking plenty water...I don't drink sodas or juices that much anymore. I drink at least 48oz water everyday except on weekends because i'd have to run to the restroom wherever I go so that isn't good.

I eat 5 times a day, I try to eat small meals throughout the day but sometimes I eat a little more at lunch or dinner. I try to not eat carbs at dinner but its hard. Chicken or fish with veggies can get boring. I'm not sure if I'm eating enough calories for my age and activity level. It's kind of hard to keep track of calories. I don't know the calories for fish or chicken. I feel if I try to diet then I blow my diet so I'm just trying to eat things in moderation. I HATE diets. I don't eat processed foods that much anymore. I still love pizza though. I'll go crazy if I had to eliminate all carbs from my food!!! I still need to have fiber so I eat whole wheat bread with eggs or peanut butter. I'm mexican so I gotta have some whole wheat tortitllas but I try not to eat too much bread in a day.

I've never had to lose weight. I've always been at a constant weight all my life so it's kinda frustrating to try lose 10 pounds that crept up on me last year. Maybe I should just tone up and be at 141 instead. I know weight doesn't matter but size does.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The link to the spreadsheet isn't working for me.

I'm down to 218. Lost 2 pounds this week and I've lost 8 total in 2 weeks.

I'm cutting the sugar and carbs and drinking lots of water. In another week or 2, I'll start adding carbs again, but only good carbs with lots of fiber. No sugar or flour unless it's wheat flour.

I have 1 cheat day per week when I can eat whatever the **** I want to. That helps me stay motivated. Today is the cheat day. Hello Los Cucos!!

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I usually have one "cheat" meal per week where I can eat pretty much whatever (within my own dietary rules, which right now means no meat except for fish)

Friday night we went out to Macaroni Grill and got pasta.

Good stuff.

10. ima_drummer2k

Why, that doesn't sound like a cheat day at all.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

That was last week.

This week I'm at 189.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey, a Caesar salad, a bowl of fettucini alfredo and a desert is about cheat as you can get. ;)

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Any young knuckleheads trying to gain weight need to start their own thread and GTFO.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Whoa, a spreadsheet -- typing in this thread once a week is already kicking my ass.

15. weslinder

I'll catch the spreadsheet up tonight. I didn't have time to do it last week.

16. ima_drummer2k

No kidding. How is is possible that people can struggle gaining weight? I can put on 8 pounds in a week without even thinking about it if I so desire.

I know the difference between adding muscle and fat, I was just making a joke. Please no 5 paragraph reply explaining it. kthnxbye.

17. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Down to 216.4. Why did you pick monday for weigh in's, I'm horrible over the weekends.

18. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I'll join in. 183 lbs, 17.5% body fat. I managed to hold at this weight over the holidays, looking to move down in the next few months.

I'm eating Paleo-style, and doing SimpleFit 3 times a week for exercise.

19. weslinder

I guess we can use this thread to share healthy recipes. Here's a delicious one that I made up tonight:

Wesley's Salmon Cakes

7.5 oz Can of Pink Salmon, drained, deboned
    1 egg
    1/4 Cup Self-rising Flour
    1 bunch of green onions, chopped
    A little salt
    A little pepper
    Enough olive oil to get to 1/4" in a small pan

Heat oil to medium-high. Beat egg and flour together. Stir in salmon, green onions, salt, and pepper. Shape into patties. (I made 2). Fry patties about 3-5 minutes per side until brown. Remove and place on paper towel. Serve with whatever topping you want. (I made up just a little garlic butter.)

According to my calc's, assuming that the cakes pick up 4 tablespoons of oil, they are 350 calories, 21 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbs, and 16 grams of protein.

20. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

I'm in as of this monday. Copy.