1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Your 20th Birthday the Most Depressing Bday Of Your Young Life?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros148, Jan 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You should kill yourself if you can't appreciate what's about to happen.

Fun teen years are equivalent to a day at Disney World.

Fun 20's are like a week in Vegas w/ stories you take to the grave.

It's not even close.

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I was depressed turning 20 only b/c of the fact that I wasn't turning 21...

High School was good to me but if your not having more fun in college than your doing something wrong...(assuming your in college)

Of course I was blessed to be in a great college town in Lubbock....

I'm 25 now I feel old occasionaly but not really...

I still go out only on the weekends now.... I've just had to make some adjusments the past few years on which places are okay for a 25 year old...

3. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I'm gonna suggest your 30's are the best times. You are still young enough to hook up with 20 year olds but 40 year olds are not out of the question and you finally start getting some decent MONEY. Plus, you've had time to get your priorities straight (whatever they may be for YOU).

Seriously, you are just now starting to get to the good parts of life...

I'm in my 40's and they are not so bad..

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The summer I turned 20 was one of the best time of my life. Although I didn't think my 20's overall were that great and the worst time of my life was when I was 24.

I've been a much better person and enjoyed life a lot more though in my 30's.

There is a lot of truth to the saying that youth is wasted on the young and if I knew what I did now back in my late teens and 20's I think things would've been a lot different.

If you feel depressed now just remember you still have the great advantage of time ahead of you and things might seem bad but they will pass. You've still got youth and energy go out and enjoy life!

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From my own experience that is true.

6. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Lol, enjoy it man. You're one step closer to getting into clubs, fancy restaurants, and drinking :).

20 wasn't anything particularly special, but I do remember that feeling like "woah, I'm out of my teens for the first time in 10 years"... lol.

7. Locke

Locke Member

I'm going to agree with this as well. You couldnt pay me to be a teenager again. My 20s were awesome but I was broke for most of them. Now I'm in my 30s...I've got cash, its easy to date gals in their 20s (mostly bc 20-year old guys manage to piss them off), and I havent started to break down (yet).

Downside of my 30s: I cant drink back to back nights and not get a hangover.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Your 20s should be some of the best times of your life. Technically, you're an adult. 20 yr old and up girls > 18 and under girls. At one point, you're going to have to grow up. Maybe your parents coddled you too much so it may not be your fault that your afraid to "grow up". But once you get over the fact that you are no longer a "teen", the 20s will begin to look up for you.

9. mazyar

mazyar Member

Dude it's all down hill from here. Real life sure does suck. Enjoy being in school while you can. Cause when you get out you'll be disappointed.

No, I was kidding, life is beautiful

10. astros148

astros148 Member

damn i guess you might be right.

lol its just like WOAH im not a teen anymore you know lol

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm in my 30's and like it better than my 20's which I liked better than my teens.

By 30, you've finally got some money. I've got a great job that allows me to travel the world and I buy season tickets to the Rockets. Life is good. It would be even better if She-Mac comes back from her injury and leads the Rockets deep into the playoffs ...if that happens, I'll be in the building because I can pay for the seats. ;) Can you?

During the Rockets championship years, I was too old for my parents to buy me tickets and too young to afford them myself. I was still down on Richmond, which was great, but I'd rather have been in the Summit. If it happens again, I will be!!!

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

This should probably tell you something.

13. astros148

astros148 Member

thats a pretty big IF lol. w/o she mac we arent going deep just sayin.

but you do have a good point

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Nice analogy.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What kind of weirdo gets upset about turning 20 and losing his teen years ?

Seriously STFU.

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

nope, he 22nd bday is the most depressing.

17. Omer

Omer Member

Just turned 19 a couple months ago and am afraid of losing my youthful vigor.

I'm sure 20 will be cool, but then it just keeps coming and before you know it, you're old!

18. lalala902102001

My big 30 is coming up...thanks for reminding what it was like to be 20...

...NOT.

19. duwende

duwende Member

Wah wah wah 20's > teens hands down.

In your 20s you can do the following:
    Happy hour after work
    Fancy restaurants
    Never get carded EVER
    Date any age of girl from 20s to cougars.
    Young enough to be completely stupid and do ridiculous things, but old enough for people to call you "sir"

Mind you I also live in NYC so being in your 20s in Manhattan is the best thing you can ever do.

20. Jayou

Jayou Member

Wah wah wah! Stop being a p***y who likes to hang out with 15 year olds and start learning to get along with older people.

Do you seriously want to be that guy (a year from now) who buys beer for his 16 & 17 year old friends?