1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer=J.R. Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T FOR 3!!!, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Arnibicus

Arnibicus Member

hahaha ohh man, *whooosh*

2. Moneygetjealous

Have you watch JR Smith played? He have great handles. Better than Von Wafer. Also, I think J.R Smith is a better 3 pt shooter but his percentage is worse than Von Wafer because he take bad shots.

3. kevolution

kevolution Member

Ala today's game, you can see that Wafer still has to improve a little more to be compared to JR Smith.

4. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I was thinking more of Trevor Ariza? what you think? Ariza can shoot and can take it to the basket.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

how did i kno this thread would be brought back after the game. I WAS NEVER SAYING THAT WAFER IS AS GOOD AS SMITH. i was simply saying that wafer could be looking at a similar career. jeese.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Then what do J.R. Smith's last 4 games tell us?

[​IMG]

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I still think JR Smith is more talented than Wafer. Just my opinion anyway..

8. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

Same hairdue! :p

9. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

wafer plays harder and plays a little smarter than smith

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

My post isn't arguing Wafer > Smith or Smith > Wafer, or that they're even that similar as players. I'm just pointing out the lack of logic in the post I quoted.

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Ariza is playing a Pippen role for the Lakers. More size, and amazing defense and flexibility. Von, as good as he is, is no where close to Ariza's level defensely. He has the offensive talents to be as good though.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm pretty shocked that he hasn't stepped up with Melo going down.

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

meh. jr is prone to falling in love with the 3 ball. he also has the quickest release in the league...bar none.

cookie's game is more well rounded and is more of a physical threat when he drives. dude is looooong in the lane.

the similarities between them are 1) hair, and 2) their best role on a team: offensive sparkplug.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Every since Wafer has become a starter for this team I have been making this comparison. I like both of there games.

15. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Come on guys, Wafer has only played in 6 games or so for the Rockets and besides that hasn't played much in the NBA. J.R. Smith has already proven he can be a SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE and a legit starter in place of Carmelo, but also proven himself for many years now. Let's wait until we see Wafer play a whole season.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wafer is just Wafer: comparing him to established players is really not fair. He is not like them, he is on the road there. His shooting is a bit streaky, he needs consistency. He has good form though, I like the high arch. At least he had the good sense to start driving once he realized his shot wasn't falling. Right now he is the athletic spark the Rockets need. He will have some important minutes in the playoffs and could be a difference maker in some games. Remember, overall, the Rockets are likely the least athletic team in the league, Wafer helps.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

It's pretty clear you're the one who has never seen JR Smith play because he doesn't have anywhere near great handles.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love wafer, but i'd trade him stright up for JR Smith in a heartbeat.

19. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Haha, more hops and speed, hahaha. What, did you picture Ray Allen like he is now only younger face, huh? You obviously haven't seen young Ray Allen play.

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

hahaha
    Why would he stop? I like to laugh.