1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those that still believe t-mac worked hard during his rehab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jan 15, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

NY newspaper, NBA.com, Doc Rocket, other insiders, Sina, Chinese news outlets, Fran, Feigen.

Look whatever, you can choose to ignore it all, believe what you want, I personally believe the house is on fire and Tmac is standing there holding a blow torch.

DD

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I actually hope it's true. I'm asusming if he rehabs right and comes back healthy (as much as he can be) then he will sotp sucking. I would rather the reduced version be due to him skating on his rehab, as opposed to him just not having it anymore.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Anyone have a training camp photo? If I remember, T Mac looked horribly out of shape.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

T-Mac and Clyde Drexler are very similar in many respects. Both had a reputation for not practicing hard, both criticized coaches and teammates early in their careers, and both had that "coasting on their talent" reputation. The difference is that Clyde was much more diplomatic about when to criticize teammates and he had a fantastic team in Portland. If T-Mac was on that Portland team, I guarantee you they would've gone to the Finals, as well.

Clyde readily admits in his book that he wasn't big on working out or practicing. Matter of fact, one time Cassell approached him as he (Clyde) was reading a book in the locker room before a big game and said, "Hey, Clyde, why aren't you out there warming up with the rest of us?" Clyde responded with something like "This is how I prepare for games." Sam kind of rolled his eyes, Clyde goes out on to the court, and Clyde proceeds to do one of the nastiest pre-game dunks Sam said he'd ever seen.

The point is that I don't care what Mac does to get ready for games (unless he's out of shape, so it's fair that he's called into question this year), or whether he's best friends with Yao, or whether he's a prima donna. Kobe is, LeBron is, Shaq is, etc., etc. That whole "Good Guys" slogan of the Astros is bunk- I want talented players who play well together.

And up until this year, T-Mac was a great individual and team player. Since we're talking about several years as opposed to one, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I think they'll iron everything out in time for the late regular season and playoffs.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that have said t-mac dogged it during rehab of the knee? show me.

t-mac himself has said he didn't go through his normal offseason workout because of the surgery and clearly that showed this season. there's a difference between that and intentionally messing around during rehab.

I don't ignore the fact that t-mac has been brutal this season but I think the clear reason why is the offseason surgery. it's possible that he mentally handled the situation wrong, but i'm not going to take this and use it to blast his workout and practice habits over the duration of his career like others have. I think he's made mistakes but I also think he's getting a bit too much blame, considering what he's done in the past.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

completely agree. great post.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

t-mac looks out of shape now.

that's still not the same thing as messing around at rehab.

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I don't see how only 2 weeks is going to be enough time to do the conditioning he needs. Maybe the Rockets told him they will shop him around for 2 weeks and if nothing pans out he better come to play.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

honestly me too that would be my biggest fear that he cant put up at least 20/5/5 anymore his contract would just be a burden on the team until it expires next year.

but even with him being a high school player and having extra miles he has gotten less out of his body than others due to poor rehab and dedication to his body.

Kobe is a year older and has much more wear and tear with the playoff games he has played than mcgrady and hasnt lost a step due to his diligence. Kobe has had more surgeries than Tmac has had too

Garnett is even older and though he luckily hasnt had any major injuries he has kept himself in amazing shape.

O'neal is the only major high school star that has been depleted due to injuries and I believe he had multiple major knee surgeries compared to the light surgery tmac had.

Even with his back issues he may not be the same dunk over people McGrady he was in toronto and orlando but there is no reason why he should be like the McGrady that was playing in the 04-05 season here in Houston if he kept up with a proper regimen and stuck to it.

I also place some blame on his trainer, he should be the one in there trying to bust mcgrady's balls to be in shape. But then again if mcgrady is paying for his services then thats a problem because its hard for the trainer to maybe say no or force tmac to do something since his paycheck depends on mcgrady's satisfaction. it would be much better if the rockets hired a trainer for mcgrady that way the trainer would have no fear about pissing mcgrady off for forcing him to rehab and train

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

maybe. I don't see what 2 weeks is gonna do either, I think it'll buy him a couple great games at first but he'll just tired again. I'd rather sit him out till the all-star break.

11. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Why you wait so long to post this info?????

Huumm

Btw what was the injury your "sister" has, and from what date to what you said this happen? Where?

12. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

More details for the doubters.

It was at the Roger Clemens Institute

She saw him 3 times during 3 weeks

He arrived in a stretch limo (escalade I believe)

He had the same trainer as my sister

She recovered fully from shoulder surgery, which is a crucial surgery for someone playing softball much like a knee for basketball. Her surgery was much more involved than his though

13. Ashes

Ashes Member

Oh, come on.

I've stopped caring about T-Mac, but this is just silly.

14. sunsnow

sunsnow Member

Wow, you are not smart for sure.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Jon..

I spoke with both Dave Macha and Wayne Hall today. Both laughed at how brutal the workouts have been. Macha said he will need to know when McGrady will play so he can back off, but has not been given a date, yet. -- Jonathan

is that sarcasm? or has McGrady really been pushing it?

(They said he is really pushing hard, but he really does not have a choice. That's what he's there to do. -- Jonathan)

i think tracy can only do so much physically. it's time for his mental side to catch up and some being "petrified" to play on it. that's really all. if he thinks the knee is fine, he'll play fine.

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

TRADE MCGRADY!

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

You honestly believe this? Lol, it's pretty much a known fact that McNoHeart didn't take rehab seriously because why would it take this late in the year to recover from R.O.U.T.I.N.E. arthroscopic surgery? Seriously, it's a SCOPE not piecing bone fragments back together.

18. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I agree with both of your points. Great post.

19. MandM's

MandM's Member

THAT dude is SWOLL! Not sure if that makes for a good basketball trainer...but SWOLL nonetheless

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I saw Mutombo and Artest walking down Main last Saturday night after the win over the Knicks.

I got nothing, just bragging.