1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge Saying Yao Wants Tracy out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

you don't have to go far to answer this:

the NBA, "we know drama" .. (well, it's actually NBA on TNT, we know drama, but same thing :D )

let's say you're a Bobcats fan (I'm not sure many such individuals exist) and a an average NBA fan, you check NBA.com, and you see an article about "drama" between Yao and Tmac. now let me ask you this, aren't you gonna keep checking back every couple of days to see what's happening? combined this article with a couple more controversial pieces of crap based on no evidence, and you're thinking, "damn, that's some interesting stuff, maybe I should get NBA TV to keep up with all this extremely interesting drama!"

of course this isn't precisely what's gonna happen, but you get the idea,

more drama = more $$$ for David Stern and his crew

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

agreed. but all i simply wanted to say in response to doc rocket was that tracy doesn't dislike yao and wants to talk "down" to him like he was saying.

doc rocket painted a picture where tracy simply stared yao down and talked to him like a little punk, which clearly if that happened, les and morey would have immediately shipped him out of town already for a bag of cookies.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

since when did the north koreans have gary payton?
    now we know they are really evil!

4. i3artow i3aller

I first found myself at a loss of words after reading many of the posts in this thread. Namely the posts by Doc Rocket.

Rest assured Doc that I appreciate what you bring to this forum, but man is that some disheartening reporting. I was holding out hope that this wasn't as bad as many assumed it to be. Then you tell me it's worse than even the most recent ugliness. It's bizarre and unnerving to say the least. I now find myself searching for answers and explanations in these controversial times.

Has McGrady truly gone too far?

Is there truly no hope for these open wounds to heal?

I mean Kobe openly blasted Bynum a number of times, as well as the Lakers as a whole and they seem to be winning and grinning these days.

Is it truly over for T-Mac in Houston?

For the most part I can forgive, and have even tried to make excuse for, his poor play thus far. What I can't forgive is someone trying to purposely sabotage the Houston Rockets when they still have very legitimate championship aspirations. It's beyond cowardice. He's the key to all of this, and he knows it. He was my favorite player, and still is, but I am beyond disappointed by all of this. He's really using this situation as some kind of contract negotiation tactic as well?

During tough times, the Boston Celtics of lore used to go around the room and each player would individually stand amongst the others. Instead of berating the player, they would instead speak of what that individual could do more of in order to better the team. Red isn't walking through the door anytime soon though, but Adelman should not have let it get this far. At the same time, it's on T-Mac.

Last thing Doc. I know you can't give us too many details as to what's going on, but could you at least inform us as to what position these deals to the East and North could be for. PG maybe? Perhaps a C?

Oh Ya and what was with "He's coming!" circa 2002?

These are dark days indeed, but sometimes one must go through hell in order to get to heaven. How amazing it would be to end this all by hanging one in the rafters.

5. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

RocketMac - I like to scream in posts sometimes because it's one of two things that helps me sleep. (And I like to start the morning with a crude reference! :) So,I apologize that the attack against Yao's haters came in my post to you. Didn't mean anything personally...much! :D

I'm no Blinebury fan! At all. I assure you this.
    I'm an average Feigen fan. I actually think he's a good reporter, TBQH.
    I have been a HUGE TMAC fan and am still a HUGE Yao fan.

This is what I know - they've inquired/been approached about two scenarios - I KNOW this for a fact. I do NOT know how close it may have been or is but I know that it wasn't declined - and that's ALL I can say - call it whatever you want. I just post what I hear. I'm no insider. I'm nobody. I just hear a few things and post them and don't make any claims. Like I said, what I say on here is 25/75 (Oh...maybe just a tad higher! :)

I know very little about the Artest situation other than some 'think' he could be traded - but I haven't heard anything at all about Ron.

TMac is the cause of this locker room fiasco. There's more here than is out right now - I promise. The Yao/Tmac thing is not a hatred thing and I don't know anything about what Aldridge said. What I know is Yao is tired of Tracy's act and mouth and he's tired of the way he puts himself first over the team. It's been annoying and now is starting to come to a head. It's just enough from his mouth, basically. And they ALL, for the most part, feel the same way. I think TMac is a Me-Mac - that's imho. But I also think without him, we have no chance THIS year of a ring.

That interview with Yao was Yao. props to 1560 for getting that so quick - that was impressive...but that was Yao. Yao needs more touches IMHO - RocketMac thinks less. I'm cool with that - Repubs and Democrats - opposing views. But let's wait until rehab is over and see where we are. Tracy is a different bird...more so than you realize.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know it is weird, but this just sounds like the typical changing of the guard, where the old leader doesn't want to give up the throne, but the serfs are following a new leader now.

The old leader has a choice, get with the program and follow the new leader, or get run out of town.

Again, it is all on Tmac....make a choice.

DD

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I take what you say is truth, at face value.

Two questions -

1 were the offers legit? As in, Starbury for McGrady is NOT legit; Ellis/Maggette is IMHO.

2 can TMac be dealt in a 'fair' deal or only like Pippen was, or Marbury might?

Cheers, DR.

9. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

MJ could lead by example and thus give tough love. tmac did not do his off season work and, instead of looking in the mirror, he is casting out blame - unfortunately.

10. DaDakota

If someone was always picking, making fun, and in the meantime you are working your arse off while they are yucking it up and avoiding rehab, letting the team down, and being a general wuss......I would be pissed too.

I think Yao probably did say..."Screw it get him out of here"......it is up to Tmac to come back in shape, and apologize to his teamates for letting them down.

All will be forgiven..

DD

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I can't imagine a slacker telling the hardest working individual in a group to be more. The hypocrisy.

12. DaDakota

There is the crux of the problem....RIGHT THERE......

DD

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I remember how people b*tched that VET SF3 would not turn over the reigns to ROOKIE YAO
    now
    the same folx are all insisting that PAST PRIME T-MAC should not turn it over to VETERAN YAO

How the aroma of hypocrazy rises

Rocket River

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

5. RocketsMac - Jeez, I didn't get enough attention as a child---or did I get too much? You know, where I felt like I could call someone an Attention w**** (not daring to look in the mirror on that one) and a liar (I sure am brave in cyberspace); jeepers, Wally, I won't believe any of this, I'll just live in denial---you know, that river in Africa---and say that this is all just media-driven, even though, if I would set aside the McGrady homerism, I might see this team's obvious dysfunction...but then again, people see what they WANT to see.

15. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

yeah, like picking up a technical foul. not yao. ;)

16. DaDakota

Yawn.

DD

#276 DaDakota, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hope its BS, but sounds like it can have some credence...not much but where there is smoke...

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

this thread is really starting to make me a sad panda. i wish i had the powers of denial that some of you have.

assembling all the reliable information that I've gathered on this situation, here's the breakdown:

people within the rockets organization have grown tired of "tracy being tracy". this dysfunction has manifested itself in many ways, none of which are very positive, and at the end of the day the general feeling is that "since tracy is not dedicated to the success of the team, why should he be here?" this is a feeling shared by many, including the other star players, including the rotation players, even including the bench guys. many on the staff are tired of his unreliable play and erratic behavior, his bad . . . no, terrible work ethic, and his mood swings, fine one day, dying the next seemingly. they simply do not feel that tracy is dedicating himself to the success of the team, and the team has a LOT of pressure on it to win. so does the staff. not just from the fans, but from ownership also.

there is nothing solid about where this situation will go in the future. could people be traded? maybe. could there be major changes made? absolutely. could things work out perfectly and tracy comes back? sure. nobody knows.

and thats the biggest part of why this is such a hard issue. nobody understands tracy. he keeps to himself. he isn't a "team" guy. people don't know how why he does what he does, or why he feels like he feels. the only person that knows tracy is tracy. and tracy still seems to think that he's special and needs to be treated like a superstar.

19. DaDakota

Exactly.

DD

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This is the same league that says we have great officiating.