1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DocRocket's Latest Posts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jan 13, 2009.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I thought this would be appropriate for the hangout.

So can someone compile a history of DocRocket's posts and why he's so credible? I've been lurking for more than three years now, and every time he posts something, it's more a code than actual reporting.

Also, I haven't been keeping up fully with the board lately. I saw the post he made in the "DocRocket Follow Up" thread. Did he create another thread or make another post earlier? What did he say, and what do you think he means?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Clutch trusts him and this probably belongs in a different section, maybe in feedback.

Anyways, a recent example would be that Doc talked in the Blinebury thread about the situation being worse than it's reported and that things would come to a head and to pay attention to Yao.

Well, today there was the Aldridge report about Yao wanting Tracy out of here.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tinman posted some of his hits in the most recent DR thread -- I think Doc is about 50/50 (if that) -- enough to give him real cred here at any rate.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think he posted credible stuff about the Francis situation also. About how his value was in a trade and how Francis didn't want to go along with the plan. I believe he was alluding to pulling a Brent Berry type deal.

6. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

so correct me if I'm wrong, basically no one can provide a single SOLID straightforward thing he got right?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he predicted Steve Francis leaving the Rockets (Tmac) trade.
    That was obviously a major star on his resume.

I already posted a bunch of his predictions and they all came true.
    Why are you not convinced when people who've been on this board WAY longer than you says he's credible?

8. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

IIRC, he broke the news that the Rockets would draft Yao. (He's coMING!)

Most people forget now, but many thought we would/should draft Jason Williams or Mike Dunleavy with that first pick.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

RocketsMac doesn't believe anybody here dude. I mean if he thinks Doc Rocket is not credible, then he must think Clutch is Richard Nixon.

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

because being on this board WAY longer than I've been != having credibility

just like, you, Mr. Tinman, being the joke in residence of the garm, where you throw out a couple of old players' names, and have noobs pretend like they know what you're talking about and hail you as their idol and a true Rockets fan, while in reality they're 13 years old and have the impression that Otis Thorpe was the Rockets athletic trainer

just like DaDakota thinks that Dan Langhi and V-span could've won Finals co-MVP had they stayed with the Rockets and played together at the same time..

and I don't know if you were on earth or in outer space toward the end of the Francis era, but everybody and their mothers new that Francis was heading out of town and SOON.. you don't have to be an insider to figure that out, you just need to have a pair of eyes and the ability to read/comprehend..
    and i guess the "bunch of predictions that came true" that you're referring to and so huge and complicated that you couldn't post one of them here for my viewing pleasure right?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Jesus dude. I already posted them in the another thread that you didn't bother to read.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I've contributed to the GARM with lots of stuff, asking if Walton likes Van Gundy, asking Clyde if he's better than Tmac. Giving feedback from my talks with Nick Van Excel, Otis Thorpe, etc. Meeting Clutchfans in LA, Vegas, China, Denver, and here in Texas. This is a Rockets board right? Or is it just a board where you go to criticize other members on their credibility cause they disagree with you. If I'm the joke of the GARM, then you are the punchline.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4140559&postcount=167

freaking rookie!

John Connor predicted that Skynet would get rid of Stromile
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doc Rocket
    they're shopping Stromile and had a conversation yesterday about him but I do not know who it was with. He did say that teams wanted him for 'that talent-salary ratio.'

Connor again predicts that foreigners will invade our court
    Quote:

He also said that SPUHNULIS VASOOOOLUS or whatever his name is does want to play here but he's making 600,000 euros and was very clear that that was like 2 million TAX FREE US dollars. He said he has a 500,000 dollar buyout that the team can pay and that it does not count against the cap. They definitely like him alot though. I COMPLETELY forgot to ask about Badiane - my bad!!!

Connor believes the robot that the replaced Calvin would not be as advanced
    Quote:
    Make no mistake - Drexler will be a DISASTER. I know, I know...we all loved him when he was here but he simply is TERRIBLE behind the camera and has no insight. I promise the whole broadcast will be Worrell refering to Clyde's UH days and how TMAC and YAO are a 1/2 punch like he and Dream were!! That will be ALL SEASON LONG!!! Drexler's work habits in the 'real world' are the reason HE decined to do the road games. He's a novelty that will wear thin quickly. He insight will PALE in comparison to Van's and especially Murph's!

I don't hate Glyde so please understand that we all like good commentary and these are my thoughts. If you want a good broadcast, watch the road games with Bull!! He'll do fine!

Connor mentions that Skynet will find Steve and eliminate him.

Quote:
    How good it is to be back, I must say! However, the return does not come without passion.

First of all, not much info other than the following -

One of the coaches pointed out something that Steve was doing wrong. Van Gundy, obviously in a bad mood responded - "Yeah, I Fu(#in& know that but there's nothing we can do with him right now is there?" Not much but interesting.

Also, one of the people on the inside who WILL be leaving (Source gone!) said he 'believes' that VanGundy will move one of the 'pieces' and it could be Steve but not because he doesn't like Steve but because Steve doesn't fit. His words.

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

OK so let me get this straight, Doc Rocket predicted that we're shopping a Stromile Swift that couldn't make a freaking dunk in his brief stint with the Rockets.. damn, no one saw that coming..Vassillis coming in? no way! it's not like we've had him drafted for a while and we were waitin for him to become "NBA ready".. and oh noes, Drexler will be a horrible commentator? that's some shocking stuff..but holy crap! the last one is the one I can't say anything about! drama between Steve and Van Gundy? you mean to tell me that Van Gundy doesn't like players that skip games to attend the superbowl?? you mean to tell me that Van Gundy wanted to trade a ball-hog PG who championed the top of the key ISO + jacked up shot? that's it, I'm sold, is doc Rocket by any means related to Nostradamus? because it's clear that he shares that ability to see the future and UNBELIEVABLE INSIDE INFO!

I don't think you understood my original question, I'm was asking about predictions that came true, not captain obvious giving his take on what everyone and their mothers know was imminent and going to happen to matter what..

I'm not gonna carry on any further with this because it seems like it's pissing you off.. and I don't have a problem with you personally tinman, I actually think you offer excellent insight, but you get caught up in the "old skool all da way dawg!!!1!" gimmick that you lose all your credibility..

but let me offer a piece of advice to you despite the fact that I am in no place to give advice to anyone as I'm aware of the many flaws I have.. but I really think you should stop being such an pompous arrogant prick.. and no offense here, I swear, but you really come across as being a gigantic d-bag.. I don't care if you spoke to Clyde, Van Excel, Otis, or even Oprah.. that's great, everyone on this forum, including myself, dropped in and mentioned how awesome that Walton interview was, but this doesn't mean you go out bragging and boasting about it every other post because it inflates your ego and compensates for your suffering self esteem.. it's a fan forum for god's sake, and you claim to have watched "80's basketball, you know, good basketball", so I'm assuming you're atleast 30, but you sure are acting like a freakign 12 year old.. develop some maturity and stop using the site to boost your ego..

but let it be known that I have no ill will toward you my friend.. I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions as I stated previously..

I'm out

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

:rolleyes:

tinman, you don't have to defend yourself against jackass posts like these. You're cool with the rest of us who aren't somehow threatened by what someone says on a basketball message board.

Honestly, i don't know why you even replied to his quiery. Hell, he knows how to search Doc Rocket's posts as much as you do.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

i'm sticking up for doc rocket. we are fortunate to have someone that close to the organization posting on this site. and the fact that he does shows that he cares about the fans here.

you know us clutchcity.net people really really appreciate when jeff and clutch have done for us. and we all know back in the day that clutch was close to the organization. so is that hard to believe someone in the organization posts here?

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry about it, t. Like the rest of us, I'm sure doc would rather we ignore rocketsmac and hope he goes away.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You keep saying this - but continue to come back to these threads -- I wonder why...

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Huh, how would you know anything about Langhi if you joined the board in 2006?

Have you been banned and forced to change your name????????

As for VSpan, all I wanted was for him to be given a chance to find out if he was part of the future, because I dang sure knew that Rafer sucked...guess what...he still does.

DD

#18 DaDakota, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We could only hope.

Hilariously ironic, you questioning the reputations of Doc Rocket and Tinman. Even DD, for his quirk love affairs with role player projects, brings a substantial amount of reason and thinking to the forums.

Work through your heavy denial issues and get back to us. It happens to all of us. I voted for Bush the first time, and realized he wasn't the guy I thought he'd be. Even tmac_1 has taken his head out of the sand.

Evan

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Since everything is so obvious, why don't you chime in and beat Doc Rocket to the punch?

He must really be getting to you...