1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge Saying Yao Wants Tracy out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jan 13, 2009.

1. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I feel the same. pretty shocking stuff. but tmac is looking more like me-mac.
    sad

2. ibm

ibm Member

wow, didn't see this until now.

since all the old-timers here give doc rocket credit, i'd take it as truth.

and if what he said is true, then i say F it, let's just trade the cancer. no bid? fine. marbury him. it's more fair to yao, artest, the coaching staff and the whole team.

jesus, it truly feels like orlando 2003 all over again. can the rockets ever get a break from bad luck?

3. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

woah, woah, easy there Nostradamus.. you don't get called out very often, but apparently you snap when someone questions your credibility..

I have the utmost respect for you sir, but frankly, I think all you've been doing is yank our chain and blow this little "drama" waaaay out of proportion because you somehow get a kick out of DaDakota and DaDakota wannabe's posting a bazillion new threads about how this team is falling apart.. I was never a fan of the infamous HeyP, and I laughed at his post about how Doc USED to have the inside info and it was more than 1 person, but for some reason it's slowly making more sense as this thing progresses..

I would like to direct your attention to Yao's response to the Aldridge garbage..and for that matter, I would like to offer an explanation for every single individual/source that has been hinting at "major drama" taking place within the Locker room.. but first, please everyone, understand the concept that DRAMA brings the mos audience, so guess what's the best way to get audience? hint at drama taking place, and voila, your ratings are back up!

1. Fran- documented Tmac hater, people grew tired of his stupidity and constant b!tching, saw an opportunity to start something out of nothing and blow stuff out of proportions.. he was the first one that started all of this.. people saw that and ran with it..Fran became an instant celebrity

2. Feigen- although he's usually a homer, he thought "dang, my boy Fran is getting all that attention and I'm left out, let's write something slightly controversial to see how that turns out.. this unfortunately became a more "reliable" source because of Feigen's track record

3. Doc Rocket- hey, I used to be an insider and Fran and Feigen started something interesting.. let me log in to clutchfans and yank those fans chain, maybe post a couple of cryptic messages bluntly hinting at a Toronto trade! (I bet it took you a while to come up with that "sit BACK", "come ALL THE WAY BACK" gimmicks.. very clever there sir)

4. Aldridge- guess what? people from Houston are hinting at drama, I might as well pull a "well plugged in source" out of my a$$ (ignore the pun) and make this national!".. unfortunately, people took his crap as validation to Doc Rocket's gibberish, and Doc sat BACK and enjoyed all the attention, then came in and went off on someone expressing reasonable doubt in Aldridge's credibility and yet conceding that Yao HAS NO RIGHT to say anything like that because he hasn't helped the team on the basketball court any better than Tracy has.. but good ol' Doc takes exception to that, and comes back with a "smack down" post, and many brainless Doc Rocket fanboys and 08 newbs pitch in with the supportive "DAAANG, BOI GOT PWWNED!!111!" posts..and of course, my boy Tinman took a shot and didn't miss an opportunity to let me know about how awesome he is with all his basketball legends interviews..you're badass dude, we get it, now drop it..

so sorry to break it for ya Doc, but not everybody on clutchfans is brainless.. there is no drama.. I'd call it frustration at most.. McGrady is a lazy little b!tch, Yao isn't a lazy little b!tch but he is a little b!tch on the basketball court skills-wise, brain wise, and everything wise.. I respect and appreciate that he busts his a$$ every game out there, but he isn't even close to the great player people here dream of him being..

and oh yeah, I see you back peddled on the "not south of northern America" trade B.S .. I guess you MISREMEMBERED your little badass code message that got you 12 pages of ignorant people, including myself, trying to decipher what you meant.. I guess it sucks being exposed dude huh?

I'm out for now.. have at it if you want, I'm eager to hear your explanation about the Raptors code you sent us.. but wait, don't you use code in the first place to have alternative explanation if you turn out to be wrong?

have a great night.. :rolleyes:

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Just got home to read this thread and just wanted to say thanks to Doc for telling it straight and letting us all know what's going on before it happens. Maybe now all the player fans will open their eyes and ears and finally get back to being team fans. Houston Rockets our the team we cheer not some selfish and jaded person that looks down on others. This team has looked fantastic ever since the Hawks game even though it was a loss it still was a team effort and you could tell. And again he may be the real deal or he maybe a one hit wonder but Von Wafer deserves some respect and T-mac should be ashamed that a kid like this picked up his spot and has ran with it and hasn't looked back. This team actually makes me proud to be a fan again, and I can see now its because they are playing team basketball and not trying to fill a stat sheet. Good game tonight and hopefully this will all come together and we can still have the same expectations we had at the beginning of the season.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

doc rocket is kinda overreacting? who saw tracy's fist pumping when yao dunked over that washington rookie earlier this year? um... did he?

maybe tracy said that DIRECTLY to yao so he can be a BETTER player? i mean, that's every rockets' fan dream that yao can do those things, b/c if he does, we'd easily be the best team.

so tmac telling yao what he needs to do to be MVP is a bad thing? wow. maybe when my pops tell me this is what i need to do to be the best person i can be, he was TALKING DOWN TO ME? :rolleyes:

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

That's a ton of speculation on your part too, buddy.

8. jondoe

jondoe Member

I think the whole team is tired of Mcgrady, and Yao is the highest profile guy, hence he gets the attention. It cant be a power struggle if the entire team hates Mcgrady and wants him out.
    Lastly, I hate Rafer and I want him out.

9. t_mac1

this actually sounds very reasonable. though i hate speculation and i admit i don't know anything. i'll just take what comes out daily.

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

funny thing is, people used to b!tch about how "Tmac isn't a leader!!", "he isn't vocal enough!", "he needs to tell Yao to 'slam it down big man!'", "he has no heart, no leadership, that's why he's never been out of the playoffs!".. so the guy tries to be a so-called leader and provide some advice for Yao (Tmac coincidentally happens to be a 10 year vetern, a 2 times scoring champ, and "third best player in the league" per JVG), but this pisses off Doc ROcket (this is all assuming that Tmac has been actually saying this stuff, which is unlikely considering Doc's cred and his "going all the way BACK" coded post), and this of course warrants Yao Ming to tell someone who he knows will let it out to the media that "he wants Tracy Out", which is untrue per Yao himself: "who is this guy? we just spoke today!" ..

I'm by no means a Tracy nuthugger, as a matter of fact, I was one of the most active members in Doc's thread trying to decipher the message and hoping for a Jermaine O and Calderon for Mac and Skip trade.. but once things cleared up and I realized this is nothing more than a classic "overblow it to capture people's attention" matter, everything made sense..

11. blender

blender Member

Thanks for the info, Doc. This is depressing yet - unfortunately - believable.

My guess is that sadly, McGrady may actually believe this kind of behavior is what is expected from a "leader."

So the Chronicle report, which says it was Adelman's decision to have McGrady rest, is just a spin?

Anyway, the Lakers game proved to me again that this team still needs McGrady or someone of equal talent to go anywhere.

But it sounds like McGrady needs to do some convincing if he wants to keep that job.

12. t_mac1

again, please explain to me how tracy telling what yao needs to do to be an MVP in this league is a bad thing?

telling him to go harder at guys and be more aggressive?
    telling him to dunk instead of those layups?
    telling him to just straight up beast on guys?

if anything, doc rocket just CONFIRMED that tracy wants yao to take over as the best player on this team and probably the best player in this league.

if anything, the team is frustrated at tracy's POOR REHABBING, knee taking too long to get better, and the constant going in and out mess up the team's chemistry (with practice time) and thus really mess with the team's psyche -> FRUSTRATION. i'm sure everyone would get frustrated with this. and i'm sure yao is frustrated with tracy. battier is. hell, the towel boy is frustrated with tmac's constant ins and outs.

BUT SERIOUSLY? tracy telling yao to be an MVP is a bad thing? i mean SERIOUSLY?

it's like if yao calls tracy up right now and tell tracy to man up and start freakin' rehabbing and get better and help this team, we need you man, not your soft pathetic game we have seen so far?

should fans see that as critical? or as a LEADER?

i mean SERIOUSLY?

13. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

then toss to select a day tmac likes to play. the problem is not just yao wants him out.

14. t_mac1

um, have you seen how jordan treated his teammates? the perfect example was how he treated richard hamilton and kwame brown in washington?

i see no wrong in tracy telling yao how to be an MVP b/c we all know yao has that capability.

15. BallerzDream

BallerzDream New Member

Hmmm...

16. MD_in_Training

As much as I've lost faith in Tmac, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm actually pleased to hear that Tracy is putting the pressure on Yao to become more dominant and the MVP that he is capable of becoming.
    The problem should only arise if Doc is right about Tmac's attitude towards his OWN rehabbing. If he's half assing everything from playing on the court to rehabbing his supposedly injured knee, then the organization has every right to put him in the doghouse and possibly look for trade offers.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David Aldridge has been reporting on the NBA forever.

18. ibm

ibm Member

to all of you who still want mcgrady back,

#1, be aware the image you have in your head is probably the old mcgrady. the dunk on bradley, the 13-in-35, etc. those will not happen again. he has physically declined, and declined too much to be even 70% of his old self.

#2, yes, this team still needs help in order to contend in the west. but that help doesn't have to come from mcgrady (and personally i don't want to see him in rockets uni ever again). if we pull a decent trade, this team can still play with anybody and run away.

just my 2c.

19. MD_in_Training

David Aldridge may be an honest journalist, but it's highly possible that his source is overblowing the situation.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are talking to the same people here who post "Where is Steve Francis?" every other week and think Steve Francis is the same guy who went to the All star Game.

come on ibm. you know better.