1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge Saying Yao Wants Tracy out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jan 13, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Uh oh, as if this thread wasn't going to blow up enough.

;)

DD

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How big is this really? Isn't it obvious the Rockets will keep Tracy until 2010 and then let him go?

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

FWIW, I don't buy it. It's uncharacteristic of Yao.

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

This is friggin' ridiculous!I guess it's taken out of context.Maybe Yao addressed that he wanted T-Mac out and rest his knee up until his left knee is healed completely! :eek:

5. MD_in_Training

Learn to read. The article states that the entire organization wants Tracy out INCLUDING Yao. That does not mean Yao was pulling a Kobe to get McGrady out of Houston.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Actually, he's probably in a better postition to be dictating such things than almost any player out there. Lebron James is probably in a better position... maybe Kobe or Wade, too... but few other players is likely to have as much of a pull on management.

I don't see why legit injuries disqualifies a player from being in such a position.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Because Yao Ming is a joke of a franchise player??

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is hard for me to believe too, but Aldridge saying it.....that is not like Fran or even Vescey, he is usually right.

I hope this is something that is overblown and Tmac and Yao can get back together....this would suck for Morey if he was trying to trade Tmac.....

DD

9. MD_in_Training

Who still has more influence on the organization than McGrady??

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Would be totally out of character for Yao do something like this

11. jboslett

jboslett Member

Am I the only person who doesn't see Yao as the type of player to express this type of sentiment towards a player, especially Tracy? I mean, even if he felt it, would he come out with it? Personally, I give Yao more credit, especially considering how much time he has missed because of injury.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So Doc Rocket says that everything's going to come out. He says keep your eyes on Yao Ming.

13. thacabbage

Take a reading comprehension course. My point was that Yao Ming of all people has no right to want Tracy out after he's carried his ass the past four years.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Oooohhh shiiiiiittttt, forgot about that one.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Nope, I don't think Yao would ever do anything like that..

16. thacabbage

Not my point. He clearly has more sway than anyone else.

17. redao

redao Member

Yao was just talking "out" like we did. He can not make TMAC out. Even Les has no right to "out" TMAC.

18. code_red

code_red Member

Doesn't sound consistent with Yao's character. And Yao hasn't really done much in the playoffs either. Not to mention Yao should be grateful for TMac getting the Rockets to the playoffs after Yao's injury last year. I call BS on this one too.

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Did the Rox plan to torpedo McGrady?

All I have to say is holy ****.

20. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

If there is any truth to this, then I lost all of my respect for the most overrated player in the game today called "Yao Ming"... maybe he should grow a pair and learn how to avoid getting blocked by Nate Robinson and not getting injured every season before he calls out the best player on this team who, by the way, has been carrying this team on his back SINGLE HANDEDLY for the past 4 seasons..

I'm not gonna go any further because I doubt Yao said any of this, and it's obvious that Tmac will be here up until his contract expires, which makes Doc Rocket nothing more than a fraud who craves attention (unless of course what he said turns out to be true and a trade does indeed take place, in that case I will admit that I was wrong and apologize to Doc, but as of right now I stand by my position)

if any one needs to be traded, it's Yao "money maker" Ming, because teams would be willing to give up Kobe or LeBron for the huge market that "big yao" brings with him..