1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

I think McGrady might play better with a coach who's more dynamic in emotion. Someone who's hot & cold & warm. Yes, like Van Gundy.

A coach like Adelman, though he's respected by everyone in basketball ever not named Maloof, probably comes across too even keel, mild, crusty and "stubborn" to McGrady. Which is a shame.

2. the_donace

the_donace Member

If you are a Rockets fan you need to understand the best thing for the team is having McGrady playing at a high level and he only does that when he is confident when the fans are not on his side it kills his confidence I think, as fans, we are only making the situation worse when we boo or try to run McGrady out of town, I think we all need to stick together and support McGrady and the team as a whole through these tough times I hope I can get through to some of you who dislike McGrady but Support the Rockets tremendously. I am as angry as anyone out there about his performance but I realized best thing for the team is to support them and its respective stars Tracy and Yao and Artest.( i think we are better off this season at 15 losses than we were last year if im not mistaken)

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Shut your mouth, DD. :p

Just that thought makes me ill (pun intended)

4. sgm

sgm Member

T-mac, please forget the injury or we would forget you. :eek:

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So basically McGrady and Adelman are too much alike?

Rocket River

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wow - that is an interesting thought RR......

I think McGrady did respond better to JVG, but the rest of the team works better under Adelman.....so......you have to make a choice as an organization.

DD

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'd be fine if Tracy sat out for 3 weeks, and come back for the Twolves games on the 7th. That way, get in 3 games before the allstar break to see how he is feeling, rest for the break, then come back strong. How he comes back will determine the rest of our season.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't think so.....I thin the team with Artest in his place is better than last year's team which was a championship contender until Yao went out.

This is the first year that the Rockets have a replacement of equal caliber as Tmac...and with Wafer's emergence they don't need him to win.

Now, I am not saying they are better without him, they are much better with him playing his role, but I think they are BETTER than last year's team.....with Artest in his place.

DD

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I do think so. Unless Tracy comes back strong, we wont make it past the first round.. again. We need everyone in tip top shape to make it deeper in the playoffs. Of course, this does depend on who we play in the first round.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well, we have had Tmac and never gotten out of the first round......I do agree that he makes the team better, but I think just putting Artest in his place makes them good enough to get through the first round.

The team no longer needs TMac to compete, they are good without him, better with him, but good enough without him...IMO.

DD

11. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I would have to disagree. Even though I think this team with all players healthy minus McGrady can still possibly get out of the first round with the right match up, we still are not a better team than last year's with Artest in his place. McGrady and Artest are almost complete opposites except for the fact they are both ballstoppers. Artest is no where near the playmaker/facilitator McGrady is, he can not make his teammates better, nor get easy looks for his teammates like McGrady can.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think McGrady is a much better offensive player, and Artest a much better defensive player.

So to me, the team is different but at the very least...equal to last year....

One of the reasons is the emergence of Wafer, and Brooks.....as well as Artest...

I think the team is a bit better than last years.

DD

13. fmp087

fmp087 Member

That is true. I overlooked the emergence of Brooks and Wafer. With those two guys off the bench it has really given the team a much needed boost. However, even though Artest is a much better defensive player, come playoff time McGrady usually decides to play defense and that is why I think I like the team's chances with McGrady then Artest. I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad, when it comes to McGrady.

I guess all I'm saying is I prefer a healthy T-Mac over a healthy Artest in the playoffs.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is a toughy for me, how about we prefer a healthy Tmac AND Artest?

;)

DD

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You know what? I'd take it...

And this is probably what the team is trying to do...

16. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

But apparently,they failed to do what they were trying to do.

Every players who come with Rockets got injured somehow if I remember correctly,I don't know who to blame,it happens to every team,but to me,we're unbelievably injury prone.Whose fault?

17. omax

omax Member

If the Rockets are really trying to trade him I'd be surpised to see anybody take him. Who wants him with the amount of money he makes and his injury problems even if his contract expires next year?

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh bro, I feel your pain. As I said, it is tough to be Rockets' fan. But all we gotta do is to keep beliving

I am SURE we will see T-Mac, Yao, Ron healthly in March, April and they will be rolling in the postseason.

19. rocketsmetalspd

TMac has 2wks to get his s#$% together. I hope he does what he needs to do to get better but he had more than enought time already. There is exactly 6 weeks till Feb. 19th the trading deadline if TMac does not show improvement I am sure he will be dealt and the only takers will probably be the Knicks.

20. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey its tracy mcrady did you expect him to say. Oh ill play!!!!!!! :eek: