1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

OK, so let McGrady sit out for the rest of the season until he is

2. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

as for selfishness ,yao need study ,he have a long way to level with t-mac .

3. blender

blender Member

Both teams are/were slumping and tired. But the Rockets gutted it out and got the win. This was huge.

Great game.

4. crown519

crown519 Member

It seems RA has learnt a bit more about how to keep Yao's stamina. Maybe Yao should have been granted the privilege of rest before his unclutch games.
    Whether he can score on clutch time or not depends on his physical fitness rather than willpower.

Hopefully, Wafer will gain a decent shoe contract.

5. depot

depot Member

great game by Yao, Wafer and Ron..

What a sweet Winning over Celtics

6. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

like i said b4 the game! if yao can get perkins into foul trouble then he will shine!! GOOD JOB YAO!! get that dirty perkins outta the game!! so he can't push you with two arms no mo! :cool: :cool: :cool:

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I agree but Tracy McG must make up his mind that he is going to play in the flow of the game. He must be willing to set others up as well as taking any high percentage shot. I say this because Tracy tries to set himself up before he ever thinks of a team mate, even so far as to taking many low percentage shots when several players are open and awaiting a pass from him.
    If Tracy can adapt then we will be contenders :p

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Chuck Hayes was awesome on Garnett tonight. He always seems to play better the better the person he's guarding is.

9. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

If Yao wants to be more effective in the paint area, he should start playing tougher to let the refs getting used to his toughness. Occasional swings of elbows to protect the ball and knock down some defenders is inevitable.

Most of the time he is playing with his skills and not making full use of his height and weight in the paint area. Hence any defense player flops and the refs buy with a foul given.

Tougher plays might lead to Yao being fouled out. But if it continued for a few games, the refs would get accustomed with his new style and less fouls would be called.

That might be a way Yao can earn the respect of refs and help Rox in the playoff.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I thought Chuck was going to get killed tonight because KG is one of the few players he has real problems playing against. Go Chuck Wagon.

One thing I noticed is that he blocked KG's vision with the palm of his hand rather than try to block the actual shot, ala Shane.

11. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

yao led in almost every main category in the stat sheet?? pts/rbs/assits/blks only artest topped him in assist! w00t!!

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

btw, did Scola get injured? how come he only played 15:00 minutes tonight?

13. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yao is a team-oriented player. Also, it takes 5 to win. Selfish players would only destroy the chemistry of teams. I guess you meant Yao should take more shots. In this regard, I think he needs to be more decisive: shoot or pass immediately when he got the ball, don't ever hesitate and let the defense have time to react.

14. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I loved it when KG tried to back him down, failed, and then called for the ball after the Celts got the offensive rebound, and failed again.

Solid love for Chuck.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Foul trouble.

DD

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

0 for 4 shooting, and his minutes got split with Hayes because Hayes did a bang up job on KG.

17. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

I believe yao will improve rapidly .

1,chinese arent foolish .at least yao's IQ isnt inferior to T-MAC .

2,yao is from shanghai , shanghainess are clever in chinese .

18. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

Great victory! Just when everyone thought they were down and out.
    The way they played tonight, they would go far when Battier rejoins them.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

100% right, Rafer can not shoot, T-mac can not play, just play Brook, and Wafer more, also start use Chuck more to stop someone. Can our coach do it?

20. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

thank you Rockets. Thank you Vanilla Wafer, AB, and Ron Ron. That is all.