1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What player on the Rockets suprised you the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DEANBCURTIS, Apr 7, 2000.

1. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I would have to say it's a toss up between Moochie Norris and Kenny Thomas. I would of never expected Moochie to make the Rockets and with Kenny playing solid minutes and contributing they have been my suprise players.

------------------
    THE DEAN

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Kenny Thomas has suprised me alright. He's suprised me at how low his FG% is and how little defense he can play.

Moochie has suprised me. He's a better all-around player than I thought he'd be.

Cato has suprised me at his lack of consistency and lack of desire.

Walt has suprised me the past three weeks.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I am not saying Moochie or Kenny are the best but I expected nothing from them and they have been playing well, they also may not be the best players on the Rocks but they have had some big games. Kenny is a rookie and recently he has been good down low. I don't expect Kenny of Moochie to deystroy the league but I am just saying they show some talent.

------------------
    THE DEAN

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Initially, Carlos Rogers really impressed me, since I considered him an automatic cut from the start.

But lately I can't get over the fact that Cato has pretty much been a bust for the contract we gave him. I mean, if we'd have just stuck with the original deal, than I'd be fine with his presense on the team. But hey, you'd think he could show a little more enthusiasm toward actually earning his paycheck...

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

5. Chickenhead28

Chickenhead28 Member

I agree with Darkhorse, Cato has been a bust. I thought he was a Olajuwon type player at least in potential, but I geuss I was wrong. That contract was a mistake. I dont think his problem is talent, its mental.
    I hope he grows up fast and becomes the player that the're paying him to be.
    I'm also surprised at our gaurd combo,they are young and awsome together. Stevie,Shandon and Cat! These guys should be signed to long term contracts. They remind me of the Pistons all over again. Isaih,Dumars and Vinny Johnson. All we need some more bad boys and we will be back on top.

------------------
    the Heat suck!!

6. LaTinBoy

LaTinBoy Member

yeah, if we sign'em to long term contracts, are backcourt will rock the league in 2 years

The Player that has surprised me the most is
    Moochie, man, i bet he would start for 25 of the 29 nba teams if he werent here
    I hope mocchie doesnt ask for big bucks in the offseason

------------------

7. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

STOP SAYING CATO IS A BUST

geez i am so tired of hearing how hes a bust. this is his 3RD year in the leauge. this is the 1ST season that he has gotten any playing time

YES he needs to give more effort
    YES he needs to develop an offensive game
    YES he needs to play with heart

and YES those things will come

geez im tired of impatient little members who demand 20 Pt 10 RB from every guy on the team or otherwise call for their heads in a trade.

This is a young team. im sorry but young players dont always play up to their potential like u people demand they do. they are still learning. sheesh

------------------
    --TEX

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cato, I feel will improve over the summer. I HOPE that CD and company push him. What about actually drafting a center[Joel Pryzbilla], the result would either be:
    1.) Cato is motivated, and we have a 2nd coming of the twin towers.
    2.) Cato becomes expendable, and we trade him for something to some desperate team, who thinks he's still good.
    or the dreaded #3.
    3.) Pryzbilla busts, and Cato remains unmotivated, leaving us now with 2 wastes of space. Pryzbilla is traded to the Jazz, who seem to love Greg Ostertag like players.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

9. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Im sorry but if we draft pryzbilla i will quit watching the rockets. pryzbilla is the goofiest white guy player i have ever seen. he needs to wake up and stay in school. he will SURELY be a bust if he enters now. all he can do is make baby 2 ft. shots and block shots. cato at least has potential. pryzbilla
    i dont think could start in the CBA. someone made a great comparison to him and opening a bottle of wine WAY TOO EARLY.

give cato a chance. geez. he often doesnt play hard because of lack of touches on O. alot of players are like that. u guys expected a benchwarmer from PORTLAND to have 15PPG and 10RB per night. thats crazy. hes doing just fine w/ a couple of flaws.

the rocket that has suprised me the most? kenny thomas. and moochie. and actually i am surprised francis would be that good.

------------------
    --TEX

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cuttino is the surprise of the year. It is OK to win this award two years in a row.

11. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

TeXaSalsa,

I consider Cato a bust.

And, not just because of his performance. The first thing I think about when I hear Cato's name is that big-ass $45 million contract the Rockets gave him after he only played a few preseason games.

Now, if you compare Cato's prduction to his pay, most people would consider him a bust.

The other thing that bothers me about Cato is his intensity. He should be our defensive intimidator. He's shown he can be on occasion, but then he goes into a shell and disappears for two or three games.

So, if you add:
    inconsistency + lack of intensity + big contract = BUST
    IMHO

Here's hoping that he can either be the most improved player next year, or we get rid of his mental arse.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

For all of you who think Cato is a bust, I suggest you read this classic thread by my arch nemesis, RIMBAUD (Grrrrr...)
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/006130.html

-Barkley surprised me with his injury.
    -Olajuwon surprised me because of his horrible play this year, injury or not
    -TMass surprised me cuz he didnt play
    -Francis surprised me with his fancy dribbling, passing, and most definently, his hopps
    -Mobes surprised me with his explosiveness off the bench he makes things happen
    -Anderson surprised me with his unselfishness
    -KT surprised me cuz he did not play like a rookie, he easily fit into the flow
    -Cato surprised me getting 20 pts off of garbage and cutting dunks
    -Drew surprised me cuz he could actually play
    -Moochie: see above
    -Devin Grey surprised me cuz he got so much attention from the BBS
    -Hamilton surprised me cuz he was so tall and so fat. He was a real piece of work
    -Bullard surprised me cuz he got like 18 points in one quarter and he dunked!!
    -Pig surprises me cuz he keeps weaRINg a Rockets jersey
    -Walt surprised me cuz it turns out that he is the man!!

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.