1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, time to learn some technique from scola.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beachboys, Jan 4, 2009.

1. beachboys

beachboys Member

Yao had been play hard and play with heart through out his career. No body doubt about it. But lets face it, no matter how "hard" you play in the pain, the ref will not see how hard your opponent foul you, face it, they will never blow the whistle. There is a phase called "Do not work hard but work smart". Don't know whether you heard it before. Now, I think its time for you to "Don't play hard but play smart".

Since the ref "unable" to see how hard your opponent foul you. Why don't you act a bit and let the ref be able to catch the foul. At the same time teach your opponent a lesson and send them a message "don't try to do funny stuff in front of me"

I think its time to learn some technique from scola. I think he will be happy to show you the move.

You know "tai chi" right. ying and yang. When they played too hard, you don't force yourself to play hard with them, you will be caught by them, but in the other hand, try the softer way to react. Try to use your leg movement to bypass them not force yourself to fight them you see.

Try talk to scola and learn some movement from him. If you can do this I think this will save a lot of energy for you.

If you can only do one stuff at once, your opponent can guide you easily. But if you can do 2 or more movement at once. They are difficult to guide you.

Other then mine, anymore suggestion? Please post here. Thanks

2. FFz

FFz Member

so you're telling yao to... play like the jazz? HELL NO!

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

ooo so you want him to flop?!

and jesus work on your english

4. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I'd rather we can learn something from Jazz--Never give up..

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I don't know if you played basketball yourself. But those who do play should know it's very hard for someone to change his way of playing. Every player has his moves and preferred spots. Those who often take charges like battier has a nose for it. You can say it's a conditioned reflex cause things happen so fast on the court that there is little time left for players to think. Players are different. What Yao can do is to improve himself.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The OP must be Mr. Miyagi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. beachboys

beachboys Member

Miyagi is karate, not tai chi. By the way i am not asking him to fight. I am just giving an example.

8. ibm

ibm Member

can yao play like vlade or vice versa? i think the answers are the same - no.

9. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Rick would love for Yao to play like Vlade then he can run the actual Princeton Offense!

10. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Its really not that simple. You have to have the other players buy into the system too.

11. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Yeah, your right about that but that would be one step closer to it.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

flopping is quite a popular and nessesary skill now, especially when the refs suck like this.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

first off yao is too slow to trick anyone his movements are so slow the opponent knows what he's going to do before he even does it.

14. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yao playing with heart??? ha ha ha ha

Yao and TMac = no heart, thats why this team hasnt won

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

nah, yao just need to start complaining, and shout as if his been shot. No need to flop, just make noise so that the referee notice you.

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

We-eee-eeel....
    You know you make me wanna (Shout!)
    Kick my heels up and (Shout!)
    Throw my hands up and (Shout!)
    Throw my head back and (Shout!)
    Come on now (Shout!)
    :D

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No thanks on flopping. Last thing we need is our 7'6 Franchise Center is to make unnecessary falls to the hardwood.

18. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

no ref is going to give yao the call if he flops. Several times even yao took legit charges they wouldn't call because apparently they believe 7'6 guy doesn't fall ever.

19. Seth

Seth Member

Weather the refs are in this or not, Yao is hurting the team late in the games and i think Adelman must start considering if you finish the games with him.

The last 3 games he has been a defense and offense liability down the stretch when teams clog the lane hard and refs wont call fouls, the guy does not have any speed or post movements to get advantage of his size when it matters most.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What's worst you can'r really say he is playing bad. For example, you watch Tracy and you see he is playing horrible, than you can talk to him about that.

With Yao, I just don't know. He doesn't look effective. He doesn't really play bad, but down the stretch he has been the WORST Rocket so far. For example in Atlanta. Down the stretch we went to him two straight times, one time he got the ball stolen, than he traveled.

Maybe it is because the entire team has been HORRIBLE lately.