1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 103, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I hope we can still get into the playoffs.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

IBM- If you're searching, I don't know what you're looking for. What I limited is when the team gets the rebound and its a strong push, they have to pull it out ad wait on him. Once there, he has to be close enough to make a move, if not, he has to kick it out and repost. Well the shot clock has been running and now the pinch is on and probably a bad shot. He gets tired quick, so when he's in there, the team feels the need to use him while he's in there, but since he's not a good passer from the high post or mid range shooter which I can't figure out why he's not, he's limited to 1 spot for a certain time frame. When he goes out and the floor opens and the tempo quickens, the team plays better offensively, but since they have midgets, they suffer defensively. Just like tonight, the offense struggled with him in there and the defense struggled without him. That's why I've been saying that the rox have the wrong compliments to Yao as a pf. scolandry nor hayes are long, or shotblockers, or big enough to protect the paint when he's away from the goal or out he game. Just like if they have guys that would slash off the kickout, they could get easy buckets. When yao is in they don't get any easy baskets because everything is dump down,kickout for 23'9.

4. ibm

ibm Member

no need to explain it to me, 'cause i would agree with the point.

what i don't agree is when you said "yao is so limited". every nba player has him pros and cons. yao is limited in that sense and is as limited as any other star players. but you were claiming he's SOOOOOO limted, which is false.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You have a significant failure to recognize Yao's actual abilities on the court. His lack of athleticism is very limiting on offense and defense. There's no question about that. No "star" player in this league is as limited by a lack of athleticism as Yao.

You exaggerate his skill level and undervalue his limitations.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

This was a good loss for the Rockets. This game mirrors the Denver game last year. For that game, the Rockets were also shorthanded with Tmac being injured. And at that time, we were still finding an identity despite being in the middle of the season. And unlike this year, we actually had a losing record.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0SO61jgkfk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0SO61jgkfk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Rockets were down for most of the game, but fought back with effort, teamwork, and clutch plays. It looked like the Rockets would get the victory. It was just unfortunate that one of the Denver guards (either Carter or Atkins) hit a shot with 0.8 sec left in OT to win the game. But despite the loss, the game was seen as a moral victory as Rockets went 39-13 the rest of the way til the end of the season.

It was a great game by all Rocket players tonight. Hopefully, we can go forward from here.

7. ibm

ibm Member

what does athleticism mean to you? jump high and run fast? that's all? yao is very athletic for a man of his size.

if yao is so "limiting" our offense, then jvg and adelman must be both idiots, eh? bias tend to lead people only see negatives; for example yao's turnovers. the other side of the equation is, compared to other athletic bigs who also plays an important role in offense, yao's t/o numbers are on par if not better.

if yao is so "limiting" our defense, for example, then tell me why the heck everytime he leaves the floor, our opposing teams immediately score in the paint like crazy? like 60% shooting crazy?

and if you want construct a good debate, you'd better present your facts, logic and such. simple conclusions are not gonna convince anyone.

8. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

"Gosh. Does that ever suck."
    -- Bill Murray, Scrooged

9. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Good game. At least it was competitive and everyone was active and participate. Too bad we missed the defense in Shane and Ron and that was the difference. At least it was better than watching Mcgrady sucking. :(

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

11. ibm

ibm Member

12. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

if T-mac doesnt get in gear soon, we wont make it to the playoffs..

13. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

It was actually the same last year, even during the 22 winning streak. After Yao went down, the ball movement gradually started to slow down, and finally became the very old style: T-Mac dominated the ball and was almost the only facilititor in the team.

This year, for almost every game that T-Mac didn't play, the whole team played really good team basketball.

14. spyajing

spyajing Member

hawk were so fxxking hot and they make so many jumpers. i am very pround of this team.

15. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

At least it was close.

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Yao is doing his job unlike the 21million T-woman

17. monica

monica Member

It sucks!

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I AM NOT HAPPY. I understand we played with effort but you gotta be able to win close games, even without Ron, McGrady.

We played hard but all we need are WINS, even those very ugly wins. We are falling down and I am afraid that this season may be the biggest dissapointment ever...

19. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

Still a good game I'll take the loss.
    Whole team played with heart and fought till the last second :(

20. joesr

joesr Member

Can you explain how that was a bogus comment?

It is very true that when Yao leaves the floor our offense stutters and the opposing team attacks the basket more.