1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 103, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jordan_hx

jordan_hx Member

Did T-Mac change his shirt number to 13?

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I didn't mind Rafer taking the last shot since he was the reason why the Rockets were still in it at the end. Yao has been proving himself as being a 4th qtr liability lately and Artest wasn't an option.

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Our winning streak when we score over 100 is over :(

4. MD_in_Training

Why wouldn't you look at recent trends? If you'd take his nuts out of your mouth long enough, you'll see that Tracy hasn't played defense all season, and has been shooting 30%. In fact, he's been entirely ineffective the last few games to the point of being a negative contributor. The worst part is that he isn't giving effort. Even Feigen has called him out. And until he shows some effort, I'd rather play Wafer.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I really didn't expect T-mac to be healthy. Him and Battier both had surgery and with our injury problems I figured they would come into effect this season. We are probably lucky to be where we are at right now though.

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

To those whining about Yao not shooting in the 2nd half...Pachulia fronted him in the 2nd half...and he was completely neutralized. It's his kryptonite. The few times he did get the ball, he passed out, traveled, or turned it over.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Well, McGrady and Yao have to be together. Am I right Clutch?

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

well we didnt score over 100

9. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

When t-mac is actually a threat to score he can create space for Yao. I do think that Yao needs to knock people around more. He's taller and heavier than anyone he faces. He should welcome physical play.

10. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

no, he fronted 2 or 3 times max.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Um, what?

hmm

See, I think a 22-game winning streak and consecutive 50 win seasons would've qualified McGrady as, maybe not a winner in your eyes, but not an "undeniably negative" chemistry killer. If you're going to bring up the Magic, save your breath, Jesus couldn't have won anything with that bunch; it was a miracle that they even reached the playoffs.

Let's face it. McGrady might never be a superstar or even a star anymore. But he still is an above average NBA player and if the Rockets can use him to get more wins, then that's the right thing to pursue.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That travel on Yao was a horrible call, he was pushed....

DD

13. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

you know there is such thing as offensive fouls

14. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

he was grabbed too

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Overall, I'm very pleased with the team's effort. We just caught Atlanta on a night where everything was falling for them.

Despite the losses, we still have a pretty good record.

This season isn't about regular season wins...it's about advancing for the first time in more than a decade.

I'll take the effort and the loss without too much dissapointment.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think YAO . . ADELMAN . . .MOREY and LES
    have really gotta get more Vocal about ***** like this

Seriously. . .time for a 100K Fine [I will give JVG that!]

Rocket River
    . . .where is the wife of the Mayor when you need her! :D

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

The refs officate Yao so inconsistent he probably is confused how he should play. When he has gotten physical and tried to get good position he has been whistled for a foul numerous times this year. Even when he just puts his hands up they whistle him for a foul.

18. esteban

esteban Member

I'm surprised after tonight's game, some of you still want McGrady back on this team. Have you seen the ball movement? It never stopped, everyone was involved in the game. This is how basketball suppose to be played.

When Grady is playing, ball movement comes to a complete stop!

When Ron and Shane come back and don't forget Mutumbo, I know we will be a lot stronger and more cohesive.

Management, cut your losses with Grady right now and move on, we still have a chance this season.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

"That bunch" didn't look too bad out there tonight.

20. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

it's so obvious that yao is not the clutch player, especially in the offensive end.

From now on, yao should only focus on defense and off-boards in the final minutes of a tight game.