1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] TMac UnHappy with lack of shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

This is a much more reasonable than that Days of Our Lives scenario.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, too bad real life is not like that, huh?

;)

DD

3. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Mcgreedy is doing a Maddof Ponzi Scheme.

Taking the fans for a ride by giving them a triple double one game and mediocrity the next 10. Either ways the Rockets are screwed on their investment.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't believe Tracy is a guy that talks about shooting more. Touches, probably, shots, no. I thinks its a lot of stuff besides shots.

DD- I know you've talked about how quickly a guy should come back from surgery, but I've known people, atheletes, that have problems with multiple surgeries. Any running you do requires your arms as with any track person will tell you. The faster you arms move, the faster your legs move. When u have you shoulder in a sling and another surgery on your knee, that's going to cripple your rehab. I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying.

I just thought that for the way adelman wants to play offense, he has square pegs for round holes. I think when you think of slashing and cutting to the basket and filling the break and multiple cuts off the high post which can stem to a dribble drive, how many rockets can execute that ? I know a sign of good coaching is adjusting to your talent and players will take to good coaching, but all that apply have to compromise. Coaches and players. One of my favorite quotes, "if you can't change the people around you, change the people around you." I don't know if that applies to the coach or the players.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If you don't have space Tracy you make your own space... it's called IMPOSING YOUR WILL you coward!

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

ROFL @ mcgrady...i am not even going to call him tmac anymore...maybe tslack

this is a disgrace, i still had faith, but i dont know whats wrong with him these couple of games...dont effin play if you arent going to try? i bet you wafer or heck even head would try guarding moon and not let him dunk,....at least try and get dunked on rather than just let him blow by you..

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Leeb, Tmac quit tonight, he quit.....there is no defending a quitter.

DD

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

TMac should stop making excuses about his touches. You don't see Wafer complaining about only playing in the 4th qtr in scoring his 18 points.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Come on guy. You are making excuses for Mcgrady, if this were Yao you would be unmerciful. Feigen, Worrell, Bullard, the whole Garm knows Mcgrady quit today.

10. RareAir

RareAir Member

Amen.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Yes, Tmac wasn't himself tonight and for a good part of last few games. Something is bothering him. That something has to be removed.

A happy Tmac can play at Kobe's level. We've all seen that before. Make it happen, Morey.

12. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I'm really quite amazed at Tmac's comments. How can he say "we need to show more effort" when its clear that he himself showed minimal effort on the floor tonight. You saw that on the dunk he gave up to Jamario Moon.

Also how can he say that he couldn't score because there was bad spacing. That's just an excuse for not being aggressive enough. You think the spacing was good for Von Wafer when he was in the game? Wafer just found a way to score. That's how a superstar like Tmac should play (lol i just hinted at Wafer being a supestar). The same problem goes for most of the team like Aaron Brooks, Landry, Luther Head, or Barry. Those guys aren't looking for their shot. They're not aggressive enough. When you're not aggressive, even open shots don't drop for you. Bottomline: Rockets need to be aggressive.

13. RareAir

RareAir Member

Coach should have benched Tracy's a$$ after that jamario dunk....in fact, he should have benched all the starters midway through the third. Both worrell and bullard dogged the team (specifically mcgrady) for their lack of effort.

I'm tired of watching a broken down mcgrady limp along on the court, standing at the 3 point line and not contributing...if he's hurt (maybe his ego's bruised) sit his a$$ down and get someone in there that wants to play and contribute.
    I'm sure wafer could have made some good use of mcgrady's minutes....mcgrady didn't.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the sad thing is the team just traded away the one player that always left it all out on the court.

i wish we could have seen steve play at least once this season to know fully well if he was truly done or not.

15. worzel gummidge

Magic mushrooms or what?

16. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

:)

:mad:

17. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

This is my last post about TMac: I quit on him. The Rockets are going nowhere with him. If he proves me wrong, I will kill my 6-year old clutch ID.

18. 2rings

2rings Member

I have resisted the trade Mac knee jerk threads / comments, but I am starting to think he has to go. To complain about shots after the effort (lack there of) he has given and the impact his lack of toughness has had on the team??? Yao and Artest are both pretty unselfish players. Mac could have all the shots he wanted but he is soooo passive. I just think Adelman is not coddling him in private like JVG did and Mac is not responding well. This is no good amigos.

19. qian.gj

qian.gj Member

seconded with added "凸凸凸凸凸"

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Tmac wants to be traded ....so maybe that's why he wants to play bad and not giving effort. I mean if you want to be traded as a player ..what would you do?? You protest...and the way you protest is to play bad and send a signal to management that you want to get out. And the Rockets' teammates sense that because they knew what Tmac is so when they see that he ain't playing right...they all feel panic and out of sync.