1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Teflon Midget miss shots with HEART?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2009.

Tags:
?

Missing Midget's missing is mostly

1. mental

52 vote(s)
    73.2%
  2. physical

19 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Rafer Alston

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

explain to me how yao ming has more assists to aaron brooks than the other way around? aaron brooks is a wanna be devin harris.........actually not even.....just a quicker wannabe mike james........those type of PG's dont work in this system as a starter.........maybe in san antonio with Ginobili off the bench parker as a scorer helps.........but with yao tmac, artest, you dont need a starting PG who wants to score the ball more than half the time.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you're missing the point -- there's not a magical panacea that could fix our wounds in one fell swoop. (And maybe there's no maybe that you're missing the point.)

This thread isn't about McGrady or Rafer, but magically the topic gets into how McGrady and Rafer suck more; that's irrelevant.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, the point is that there is no point...got it.....so it is a waste of server space.

Basketball discussion board, I never understand why people complain about the opinions or discussions of others. If people don't like to discuss a topic, then just don't click on the thread. It is completely in an individual's control, and the ignore feature is available as well.

While you may not think there is a simple solution (and I do agree with you) that does not mean that there aren't some possible solutions that would help....which is what others have been discussing.

As for this topic, it doesn't deserve a response because it is simply a conglomeration of other threads, in order to attempt to make an innane point - basically to whine about the GARM...so.

WRONG FORUM !

;)

DD

#44 DaDakota, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  5. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

wait - is Carl Herrera Van Gundier? really?

or is this one of those "She-Mac is having extramarital problems" things?

6. Supa Scoopa

Supa Scoopa Member

This may be a little off-topic, but how many times have there been a team with two, and close to three, players whose 3pt shooting percentage is better than their overall shooting?

So far, Artest and T-Mac are there, and if Alston misses more of his layups, he'll join the list too. He's only a fraction of a percentage off.

As for Brooks, we need to give him a little more leeway because he hasn't had the history of bad shooting that Alston has had. He did beat Steve Novak in a 3pt shooting contest, right?

7. DaDakota

To quote Shrek...."Really, really".

DD

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Now see, when Negrodamus was creating threads about getting mo, you know what I was told? He's a ballhog. He's a poor passer. He can't play defense. Rafer is ok. He will ruin chemistry. Everything. Know what? Negrodamus was right again. I ade threads as soon as the gm came from detroit and came on full court press and said we need toughness from the frontcourt and change the dynamic of the team. I knew softie Yi was on the block and for whatever reason a 25 yr old pg with a deadly mid game, really food 3pt shooter, good penetrator and great ft shooter was up for pennies on the dollar. I catch a lot of flak, which I don't mind suggesting players. I created a thread also about richard jefferson who was given away for peanuts. Know what was said about that. Go bring up the thread and you'll see some of the same people wondering why our offense sux.

9. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He's a hell of a player, averaged over 6 dimes for 3 yrs so you know he can pass, shoots above 45% from the field the past 3 seasons, and shoots about 85% from the line, did I mention he's great at getting to the rim and shooting the 3?

10. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Too bad though we really missed out...I doubt we'll see too many more PG's like him on the block soon for just expirings/picks.

11. DaDakota

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Wishful thinking. Why add a player who shoots comparatively the same at a much higher salary?

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

BrooksBall stop going all out defending your lightning bug speed hero, he's been horrible in the month of December. and you know who's worse than him? our starting point guard.. this is futile, we won't win crap if we have Alston starting and Brooks coming off the bench..

I'm not concerned with the "slump".. as a matter of fact, I don't think he's in a slump (with the exception of last game, where he couldn't hit a shot to save his life), I'm concerned with his horrible shot selection.. off-balance fade-aways, driving to the basket with Camby and K-mart waiting for him (and Duncan in that game where Brooks blew the game winner).. this guy has the potential, but lacks the right attitude.. he's doing what's best for Aaron Brooks, not the Houston Rockets.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Terrible thread. Especially when these numbers are similar to Rafer Alston's numbers for the past 2 seasons. I'd have thought that after Rafer putting up horrible numbers for so long as our starting point guard that people would give Brooks plenty of rope; especially after he has had only 1 bad month this season...

#55 JusBleezy, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. There's a point, you just don't get it. Apparently, you have 3 buttons which create new posts:
    Press 1 -- "VSpan rocks!"
    Press 2 -- "TMac has no heart!!!1!"
    Press 3 -- "Rafer sucks!"

Pot, kettle. This is a perfectly fine topic -- at a time when 99% of people are freaking out about Rafer, the original poster points out in his own special way that his backup (the one that people are calling for more playing time) put up an extremely Rafer-esque month of December after seeing a bump in minutes.

If Rafer and others can be called out, why not Brooks? If Brooks is going to shoot like Rafer, I'd rather just have Rafer out there.

Then why are you perpetuating this thread as opposed to one of the 12 threads you've started in the last week all saying the same thing? As someone who asked for TMac apologists to say out of his own thread, can you not appreciate sticking to the thread topic?

This thread is about a poor month of backup PG play -- which to me accentuates the flaws of this team and increases the importance of TMac, the playmaker. I'm sorry if your 3 program buttons don't fit with that.

17. DaDakota

A generalization that is patently false, but I will play along.

1. I only wanted VSpan to get some run because Rafer sucks...
    2. Tmac's heart is in question and has been wherever he has played - even the organization is questioning it now....
    3. Rafer does suck.

Apparently you have an idea stuck in your craw about my starting threads. The last 3 topics I have created in the GARM have been.

1. I hate how this team competes - about the lack of overall playing hard as a team.

2. Brooks starting - could this be his time.

3. Would the Rockets be better off getting TMac's contract off the books a year earlier.

I have no issue at all with someone being called out, you know that. If Brooks continues to brick for 4 years then he will equal Rafer's ineptitude on the basketball court.

I think you will find if you bothered to look that I start far fewer threads than people think. But having someone like you SAYING I start a lot of threads perpetuates the myth. I start my fair share, but do not start that many.

And, this is an internet message board, which is a place for people to talk about the team, which requires people to start interesting topics....if you don't like some of the topics, ignore them.

Certainly Brooks has struggled, and there is nothing wrong with talking about that or any topic concerning the Rockets in the GARM.

Look Nike, it is clear the point of your posts/attacks is that you do not like my posting style, or think I post too much.....fine.....I get that....I for one, do respect you as a poster and fan, and don't agree with all your takes, it is what makes this board great, IMO.

DD

#57 DaDakota, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  18. Jimes

Jimes Member

I think the funny thing is this thread is just a parody of leebigez's post about Battier (leebigez is a Brooks supporter who's been sucking while Carl Herrera likes Battier who's been sucking [though due to injury]) but has (in?)adventently riled up BrooksBall instead and now we have a argument about T-Mac between two other posters.

19. DaDakota

As for the topic at hand and Brooks, I think his struggles of late have to do with his ever changing role.

He was playing great as the starting PG, then got tossed to the back of the bus as a backup and his minutes drastically cut, then asked to come back and start again, but not as a PG but a SG.

His role in each of those situations is completely different, and he is probably having a slight difficulty figuring out how he should be playing each and every game.

IMO, start Brooks at PG...with Tmac......as he is a better shooter than Rafer and TMac is the facilitator......and let Rafer come off the bench with Ron.

One of the biggest problems with all these injuries is a lack of Adelman being able to clearly define a players role, which leads to all these crappy offensive games, and a lack of identity and leadership.

DD

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think Brooks has struggled this month, no doubt what about struggling with your shot for 65 games like Rafer? At least Brooks can get better, rafer won't. Why? He was never a avg shooter at any point in his life. I'm willing to bet, he shot poorly in jr high,high school, college and now pro. A guy like rafer pigeon holed himsel into a spot up shooter. Its called shot recognition and playing to your strong points. He should never straddle the line. He's never had adequate consistent range from there. Brooks on the other hand is a natural shooter/scorer. He knows how to score inside and outside and for all the critics, the offense has went backwards since he was removed from the starting lineup. He takes a load of Tracy,he helps scola because he runs everytime, and he fed yao the ball even if yao didn't shoot the ball. People of course pull up the stat about Yao assisting more to Brooks than the other way around. I don't care. Maybe when he dumped it to yao, yao passed it to someone else. Also when yao kicked it out to brooks, he made a deceison to attack instead of yo-yoing the ball. Look at the games, not the stats.