1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any hope for this team? Who can fix them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pipesir, Dec 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. pipesir

pipesir Member

I don't know why they're so suck like this. what happened to them? no offense,no defense,no will,no stabilization. who can help them?

2. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

No one can help them, only themselves, most terrible--no willing to win.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Everytime I have doubt I look back to 22 wins. If that team did that then...

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have a strong feeling, a VERY STRONG feeling, that this has something to do with Mutombo's absense.

Can we please just sign Mutombo, even if we don't plan to use him. Mutombo is a force on the bench, and he inspires and spark this team.

If the rumors are true and we are signing Mutombo soon, then perhaps he can fix our will issues.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yeah bring him back

7. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Last year, Alston and Battier were keeping their men in front of them most of the time and rotating hard on D. This year is a different story.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Aaron Brooks starting will fix everything.

DD

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I AGREE 100,000,000% :D

10. Mr Chuck Norris

We need to sign Ray Lewis.....

I'm a ravens Fan and their Defense yes it has some HOF but They have a 4th string player playing at his highest level....... All because of the Motavation and inspiration from Ray Lewis!!!!!

SIGN RAY RAY.......................... But realisticly Mutumbo can provide that same fire

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Is that more than eleventy percent?!?1?!!!111

12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Nope no hope at all. All of you should just give up now and don't bother checking the board anymore. With no hope it would just be a waste of time.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry next time I'll spell it out... so used to seeing that on my bank statement!!! JK ;)

14. azjw

azjw Member

When a team lose a game like this, it shows that there is an absence of a leader.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I second that...what happened once Alston got injured?? We started winning..what were we like 5 -1 with alston out and Brookes starting??? brookes needs to be playing more minutes and starting with Alston coming off the bench...we have gone lost 3 of 4 games since Brookes went back on the bench. Adelman needs to go with what is working on not just bc they were your starting lineup

16. Pocket Rockets

i think it will help but wont fix the underlying problem

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

Starts from the leaders of the pack.

Defense is effort. You saw it last night. No defense... then what happened? A grinding out defense in the 4th. Effort.

Last year we were lucky that a player like Chuck Hayes inspiring the team.

But this year... we can't rely on players on the bench or our role players.

It starts with Tracy and Yao. Artest brings it, but it's just not enough.

We need Yao or Tracy to bring in effort and their A game. So no more jacking up shots and no more missing the gimmes. Being consistent.

Of course... the coach can adjust too; like starting Brooks. And the front office can help by bringing in a center like Mutombo.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

or it could show that they all just had an off night. let's not define the characters of these men by this one game.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See this is the thing Max, it is not just one game, it is an all year thing.

They have had way more games where they didn't compete than the games they put it all together.

They have been getting by....just getting by........the Utah game was a prime example, they let them hang around and the team had to fight tooth and nail to win.

This team is maddening, with more effort they could easily be right there with the Lakers...easily...the schedule has been watered down due to other teams being injured too.

It is not just one game, it is a season long issue...that if it doesn't improve will cost this team a golden chance to compete for a championship.

DD

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

On paper, they can compete. On the floor, they can't. Not enough heart and desire.