1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out Burger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tigermission1, Dec 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I didn't think it would live up to the hype, but I liked In-n-Out a lot more than any other fast food burger I'd had.

I can't wait to order a grilled cheese with grilled onions on Friday in Tucson. :D

2. Asian Sensation

You do know why that grilled cheese with grilled onions is gonna be so dee-lish right? Because the bread and onion is soaking up all the burger grease. Mmmmm MEAT juice. :p

3. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I'm going to get some In&Out right now. They close at 1am.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

In 2001 and 2002, I made weeklong trips to LA to see a family member. I went to In-N-Out. It was good, but nothing I would rave on and on about.

Pink's chili dogs however...

5. YourSecretLover

What tie? In-N-Out is better in every shape or form

and I agree with your second sentence ;)

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

anyone who thinks Whataburger is better is just being ignorant. I hate a lot of things about California, but In-N-Out is far better than Whataburger. Whataburger is extremely ****ty and their burgers are flat out terrible.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Tried In-N-Out when I went to California recently. Their patties actually have taste to them and the veggies are fresh. I actually don't mind their fries either, seems healthier the way they make them...

definitely better than your average fast food joint, but not the best as some people tout it to be. Local burger places have the best burgers.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

My friends who have had In n Out before have said the closest thing in Houston is Tornado Burger down in Stafford.

9. HombreDeHierro

tornado burger.....RULES!!!

their cheese steaks are to die for too. and im certain the fries are from God himself.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mmmmmmm, IninOut is flat out unbelievable...........

I get Mustard as opposed to the Thousand Island sauce though.......
    Just insane good ALL the time.........

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This debate has already been decided. I'm a native Texan that grew up on Whataburger, but after visiting Cali for the first time last year I declared In-N-Out the winner by a large margin. Also, the prices are not anywhere close to Beck's Prime.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The only people who ignorantly claim that In-N-Out are better than Whataburger are the people who cling to their childhood memories of California. Sorry, but your hamburger place is nothing special. Carry on with your life

by the way - your Mexican food isn't as good as ours, either. PWN3D

13. Landlord Landry

really? lol.

14. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

wrong. i grew up in texas and love whataburger. i prefer in-n-out any day of the week. that's not to disparage whataburger in anyway as i think they are good burgers and their menu is obviously more diverse than in-n-out, but when comparing the burgers, i have to go with in-n-out.

i don't think californians even think their mexican food is all that. of course, the best breakfast burrito i've ever had was in california and there are good places to be found, but you have to search for them.

15. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

5 Guys > Beck's Prime > In-N-Out > Whataburger >>>>> Checker's/Rally's >>>>> Everything Else

16. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

i will agree with this. i finally tried 5 guys and it is unreal.

17. Fatty FatBastard

Where is it located?

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You should have seen it when it opened. Literally the wait was soo long, it was smarter to drive up to Phoenix and get the burger up there, then come back down. The mormons will never venture into Texas, all you guys get is Chick Fil-A

19. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

the only one in the houston area currently is in rosenberg. they are opening one at briar forest and eldridge soon though. they get the bacon right, which is muy crispy as opposed to the chewy strips you get at most fast food chains (like whataburger).

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a place called Smashburger just opened here on Main and Kirby right off of Braeswood. it's a burger chain based out of Colorado started by the founder of Quizno's. i think ours is the 2nd location outside of Colorado.

as far as fast food burgers go, i'd say it's top notch. you can even get a fried egg on it Fatburger-style. i'm not a big fan of 5 guys, so i thought this was easily better. still below in n out, but you guys need to go try it.