1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P90X

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by <3myrockets, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Has anyone tried it? I've heard a lot of good things and I'm dl'ing it right now. Just wondering if anyone has had any personal success with it before I try it out for the new year hehe.

2. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I've heard it was great. I tried a couple days of it in the usual "oh I'll try a new routine that I'll get tired of in a week" routine. Maybe next year :) . But I'll warn you...prepare to hurt for a while because the workouts are more intense than you think.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I did it a few years ago, 2006 I think, and I got to week 8 or 9. I didnt change my diet though, but I did lean up a bit.

The first and second days are the most ridiculous. The amount of chinups/pullups they do is just incredible, I recommend getting one of those resistance bands instead. The second day is plyometrics, probably the hardest part of the whole routine.

I stopped doing yoga after a few weeks, subbing in a run, because the yoga part is 1.5 hours. Its exhausting but real boring. Dont doubt it though, it is a very effective workout regimen. There's also a new addition called "p90x plus" for a harder workout after 90 days.

Ive tried to restart it, but the problem is if you do anything else. It is hard to combine different workout plans, or even p90x and cardio, and not exhaust yourself, especially in the first 3 weeks. Good luck

4. The Joker

The Joker Member

It hard at first, but its a pretty great workout. You definitely will see a difference when it's all said and done. If you have the will to do it, do it it's worth it!

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Can someone just send the torrent link for these videos? If I have to spend money buying ridiculous "health" food I sure as hell don't want to spend it on the actual workout program.

6. <3myrockets

7. <3myrockets

oh and thanks for the feedback guys, i'm really looking for a way to lean down while i'm in college. if anyone's got any healthy and easy recipes for college folk too feel free to let me know.

8. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Don't know too much about P90, but I've been going to Crossfit in the woodlands and have lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, going only twice a week. I swear its the hardest workouts I've ever done, and really haven't started a good diet program. I know there are a couple of Crossfit places in the Houston area, and totally recommend it if you wanna get in real shape. The trainer has some of workouts on the website if you wanna see what they are.

#8 wesnesked, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

p90x is basically based off the crossfit stuff with other things mixed in.

i've tried a couple of the workouts and they are definitely effective, i just have my own workouts to follow so haven't had time to try the whole thing.

you have to have some level of fitness to start the program otherwise you simply won't make it through, or you'll have to pause the video a lot in order to keep up making your workout extremely long. it's not just some gimmick workout program though, for sure you'll get great results if you eat right and follow the plan.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Haha I try to do Crossfits daily workout, but I usually crap out whenever they post a running day. One day was like run 6 miles, ridiculous

11. wesnesked

I hate the running stuff too. One workout last week was:

Run a mile
    200 pushups
    100 chinups
    300 squats
    Run a mile

12. droxford

droxford Member

Sheesh... are you exaggerating?

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Hmm...the only thing that looks crazy to me is the 300 squats.

14. droxford

droxford Member

I'm assuming that's without weights, right?

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I hope. :D

16. wesnesked

Yeah, without weights. Its all timed, so the point is to do it as fast as possible. I think the fastest time was 38 min. I'm just starting out so I did the mini version:

1/2 mile
    100 pushup
    50 chinups
    150 squats
    1/2 mile

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

P90X works? so y'all are saying if you work out intensely and eat right for 90 days, you will lose weight and get in better shape? hmmmmm, interesting.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

haha pretty much. :)

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah that's when I last stopped. My new year's resolution is to do crossfits wod's for a full month. It will probably be in November or December haha.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

From what I remember seeing on the P90X infomercial, it appears that the program is just based upon the principles of "muscle confusion." As long as your body doesn't adjust to the particular workout regimen, it will keep developing. In theory and from my personal experience, the principle is sound-although I've never tried P90X.