1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Tmac in long meeting with DM & RA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well looks like someone just got called out. LOL. I still remember that infamous thread from last season. Funny thing was, the Rockets at the time had a far worse record than they do now (I don't think they were even over .500 at the time), although almost everyone else knew that they were much better than their record.

I'd take BrooksBall's predictions about as seriously as I take stock investing tips from Jim Cramer.

(ok, enough with the pile on...)

2. Asian Sensation

A Tmac that plays with energy and intensity? Only in the playoffs. Is it late April already?

3. FariyadTheKing

the t-mac saga continues......this would be a nice soap opera like show on nbatv

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

we love the game cuz of the drama.

wonder if the conversation went something like this

Les "Now tmac your gonna play or what? we could have had billups and sheed for you"

tmac " yes of course ill play with heart and desire and intensity.....when my knee feels better.....and only during the playoffs"

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

if tmac comes back healthy and ready, both physically and mentally, the rockets will be deadly for sure. i just hope IF he DOES play good, we don't get all these crappy in your face threads about how no one stood by tmac and that they're the only true tmac fans.

i know tmac is a good player and can be an explosive one so i still have hope for the guy, i just wish he would be able to show a consistent and solid performance every night where his efforts and passion aren't questionable.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

T-mac said he was going to play with intensity and drive to the hole earlier this season.

I'll believe his latest comments when I see it on the court myself. Actions speak louder than words.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

hold on a second. the article said t-mac vowed he would commit to start playing fully. so let get this straight. t-mac wasn't commited fully earlier? what a joke. can't wait till his contract is up.

8. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

ah. things are getting serious from the tone of jonathan's article..

good that the management is sticking it up his ass.. high time...

and i hope he doesnt break his leg trying to play intense basketball and start giving excuses again.. we need him badly during the second half of the season and during the playoffs.

and whts with that Yao comment? I dont think he was talking abt T-Mac..

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

ROFL!!

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is weird stuff...

Why do we have to go through it every single year?

The questions that have always surrounded Tracy have to be asked again, and again, and again............

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Brett Favre just went through the same thing; that should tell you something!

"He no like playing for Mangini. Mangini no likey de interceptions." -- Adam Sandler

12. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

Don't Talk about it tracy.
    please BE ABOUT IT.

;)

i hope he plays well vs washington

13. Supa Scoopa

Supa Scoopa Member

It's a little to much dealing with the T-Mac drama, so I'll ask this:

Whatever happened to Von Wafer? I'd be fine if Tracy had to sit if Wafer got his minutes, but instead it's Head. I like Head, but I like Wafer better. He didn't play one minute last game.

14. rockets_fanatic

We do not need to Tracy McGrady that scores 25 points a night. We need to McGrady getting 8 boards and 8 assits a night.

15. The Joker

The Joker Member

So it looks like management is tired of the effort given from Tracy as well. There are no excuses for the way he looks out there. Injuries can effect you physically, but it doesn't effect the effort you put on the floor.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes, regrettably, that is what it sounds like.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Why do people over complicate this Tracy Mcgrady issue?

Nothing will change about Mcgrady mentally. The best we can hope for from game to game is that his knee feels good that night. If not, we have to hope Adleman gathers the nads to yank him when he's limping around.

Nothing will change with his status on this team (if the rockets are smart). A healthy Mcgrady is far better than anything we can get for him with his poor trade value. An unhealthy Mcgrady won't get us anything. In 2010 his contract comes off the books. Next season we might be able to trade him for something nice as an expiring contract or we wait and hope a young star comes to Houston.

That is it.

No trade T-mac. No shape up or ship out. No energetic Tracy.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Scotty Skiles would take him for Mike Redd?

19. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Wow, this is as controversial of a story about Tracy as I can remember being written in the Chronicle.

For the first time, it certainly feels like the organization is admitting that they are not "ok" with either T-Mac's commitment on the court or to the organization both in the way he plays and the way he communicates his physical condition to the team.

As many have said, Feigan has traditionally been a mouthpiece for the organization, so for this to come out in a public way suggests that Daryl or one of the other higher ups has deliberately leaked this info. Its a pretty dangerous dance to be getting involved in. A public falling out between the org and Tracy will not get us anywhere: as his value to us as a healthy player is far more than anything we can get back for him via trade, upsetting him is not going to give us a better chance at a championship.

I thought something was up when I didn't see him on the bench at the Jazz game. This season at least, Tracy has made the effort to support his teammates, so for a game he was supposed to be playing in, to not even be in the building was strange. I suspect the meeting with DM and RA was not the biggest lovefest and he went home to talk things over with his agent and/or wife.

As much as we need T-mac to be happy and in a positive state of mind, I'm glad to an extent that this has been addressed. He does need to realize that this year probably represents the biggest shot he'll ever have at winning a ring and to waste that by not giving 100% effort and by distracting your teammates with unpredictable availability would be a real shame.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

No, Redd is way to inconsistent. But if Tmac is out, We could have Artest as our Captain!