1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone feel a T-Mac "injury" coming before the All-star break to avoid playing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ready, Dec 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ready

Ready Member

I kind of hope this happens.

It's not like t-mac truly deserves to be there...not that he's a crappy player but he just simply hasn't played enough and probably got a lot of votes from China, right?

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I think it's gonna happen and he knows extremely well what he needs if he feels injury on his knee.

Damn,I regret voting for him as a starting ALL STAR. :eek:

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McGrady won't "injure" himself for it. It didn't happen last season, Iverson simply sky rocketed in votes, and obviously it was the league's trick.

So we'll probably see Chris Paul sky rocket in votes, but depending on good MCGrady plays the next coming few games, all this could change.

4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

He already has one :rolleyes: no need to pretend. He should sit out to rest the knee during the all-star break. T-mac is damned if does or don't regardless. I swear we have the least appreciative fanbase in the NBA. :confused:

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

All he has to do is do what Duncan and Garnett has done in the past and that is to just ask the coach to not play him much.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Actually, McGrady played (and nearly got the MVP) in the All Star game in 05-06 when he could not manage to play in the real games.

It was his back and then the mysterious personal problem and then his back again and then who knows what. He couldn't play in the games that mattered but he played in the All Star game to lift his spirits and looked damn healthy for that one night.

He will be there if he is voted in.

7. Ready

Ready Member

well if he plays in the game i think that would be helpful.
    it really sucks to feel that the health of our most potent player is usually close to the edge.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Wow. Really?

9. Ready

Ready Member

excuse me...one of our most potent players, if not the best.

10. mms

mms Member

Could you haters just rest a little bit during Christmas? Damn haters.

11. Asian Sensation

Considering the All star game is more than a month away. NO.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Just like he hasnt missed 1 minute of playoff basketball due to even soreness from injury. The easiest way to look like you're coming up big when it counts, is to coast along the time beforehand.

13. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

as i know,most of my friends around me in china voted for RON

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

chinese ppl are voting for yao and Yi but they are not voting for tmac

15. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

Everyone seems to have this misconception that the league tricked the world or there was some conspiracy to put iverson in over t-mac. I'm not sure where I read this up, but t-mac basically asked the public not to vote him in in the closing days because he didn't believe he deserved it and there was other players who were more deserving that should play. I had been voting for t-mac up until then and then adorned his wishes by voting in b-diddy and iverson. It was right before voting had closed a few days tops.

16. LoveRoxHateJazz

I would love to see a back court of T-Mac and Kobe.

Tracy has played in 22/29 games. Chris Paul has only played in two more games so I don't think you can use 7 games as an excuse. Arenas = ZERO games.

I've never seen fans that hate their (star) players as much as Rockets' fans. Other fans vote for their favorite team, then their favorite players. The ASG is about who the fans want to see.

Can we stop with the random T-MAC THREADS?

17. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

let me get this straight..

u wish that Tmac WILL get injured.. just so he won't play in the all-Star game.. because he doesn't deserve being voted in? :confused:

my friend.. that might be the most r****ded thing I have ever heard. I don't even wish injury on the real floppers/pricks in the NBA, much less on Tmac.. and for something as dumb as getting voted in.

18. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

Nevermind I went back and re-read it and noticed the "injury" sarcasm that i didn't catch the first time. Makes more sense now..

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

McGrady in 05-06 was still an athletic freak that could dominate whenever he wanted. He isn't the same player anymore - he doesn't deserve an all-star spot.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Ok.

It is more fun if you read the quotes you reply to.