1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Van Gundy at Lakers-Celtics Tip-Off:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ready, Dec 25, 2008.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Jeff Van Gundy is the most pro-Rockets homer NBA commentator there is. GOTTA LOVE IT!

2. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Great JVG, thanks for your comment, Im faithful in Rockets, believe Rockets. Wish your comment come true.. :D :D

3. The Brian

The Brian Member

we're gonna beat the lakers in the western conference finals and then beat the celtics or cavs in the finals. :D

4. Ready

Ready Member

I may be wrong, but honestly i always thought we match up extremely well with the lakers.

The true test of facing the lakers would be the bynum element...

do we have the right defensive talent or system knowing we may not have much at the back-up center?

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I partially agree, but it should be noted that Tracy has never looked this bad physically. It may not be a choice for him to turn it on when we need it the most.

6. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

HAHA,I love this guy

7. txtodd

txtodd Member

Aww yea, much easier to these days anyway since he got rid of the plugs up front

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He had a bad last game, preceeded by some pretty good ones. Much like the back injury season, he will have good days and bad days.... with more better days predicted as the knee gets stronger.

I wouldn't cound him out just yet.

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Counting on T-Mac's knee to hold up through multiple playoff series is a scary thought.

10. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

i doubt jvg would do it, and i doubt les would do it, but the rox really should make a push to make jvg their colour guy on the tv games when his schedule permits. even if it is only home games, it would be a tremendous addition.

11. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

he had hair plugs? if he ever visited japan, they have these amazing adhesive toupees. looks real and doesnt pull off so easily.

12. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

of my favorite kind ;)

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Counting on Yao to last the entire season without some freak injury is a scary thought.

Counting on Artest to not go crazy over the entire season is a scary thought.

Counting on Clyde Drexler to complete a sentence is a scary thought

This team has a chance to be really scary... or really SCARY.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

We have the ability to win it all. What it is going to come down to (assuming everyone is healthy<relativly>) is if Tracy will bring the heat. If he brings his A game, we can blow these other teams away. Yao and Ron and the rest of the team will always play with heart. Tracy, it comes down to you, dont let me down!

15. onreego

onreego Member

I'd be careful with that statement around here, the haters will jump on you like fleas. I for one believe as long as T-mac returns to form and the officiating of Yao stays away from what we saw during the Cavs game, this team can beat anyone.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

And why not? He has installed our defensive mentality and has had a hand in putting this team together. I bet he had to change underwear when he heard we got former defensive player of the year Ron Artest.